Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread 10:51 - Jan 28 with 18687 viewsNotLoyal

It’s Saturdays game that all followers of Wales premier club side Swansea City will have their eye on.

EFL Championship
Saturday 30th January 2021
New York Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

TV - Swans TV

Match Officials
TONY HARRINGTON
Shaun Hudson and Andrew Fox
Fourth Official : Rebecca Welch

Whoa,Whoa what’s going on ?
One of the men named on Saturday has changed their name to that of a lady ?
Just because your a fan of that great singer, actress and body builder Raquel Welch doesn’t mean to say you grow your hair and change your name. But then the back office non vaccined staff here at Swansea Independent did some research, our dated philosophy on men at football, our ill founded desire to exclude the lady from the game has been rumbled. Completely. Now, sit down, take a breath, Rebecca is a lady. Yes, a real lady. Not only that she comes in to the professional game that has men in it as a trailblazer for the lady.

Now let’s be serious you dog ends, Rebecca is now on the FA elite list and to be honest her performances are highly rated, not only that she has officiated u23 games, and gave out five yellows last time out. As a young ref making her way in the game we would just like to say, we are the team that got done out of a win at Rotherham a few seasons back so if you see Ryan Manning, punch him. Don’t take any lip off any of the Yorkshire accents behind you ( even though that’s where you come from ) and don’t be worried about any conflict of interest.

Rebecca being a ref in a football match

The biggest game of the day this Saturday for Rotherham and Swansea is the game between Rotherham and Swansea. Let’s take a look at the game even though it hasn’t been played yet.

Rotherham play on the west coast of the USA these days, they used to play at a place called Milmoor in Rotherham but the lure of the Yankee dollar and has changed the club completely. They now have nice seats and a red glow about the place. They also sell hot dogs, popcorn and all games now are split in to four quarters. Most of the people that go here to watch Rotherham don’t go anymore because of Covid-19 which isn’t a rugby score.

A game from the 17th January 1990
Lloyd Bracey ?
There’s some fine old names here, Tommy Hutchinson, Paul Chalmers ( missing as usual ) Steven Thornber, Simon Davey, it’s a veritable football team full of names of football players.

Rotherham United
Won 3-0 at Warnock’s Middlesbrough in the week by scoring three goals, that’s a lot of goals although Swansea did that there last season. When we say a lot of goals we mean more than one or two, so four, which is one more, is getting a bit high. Four would have been one more than three, but maybe not as good as three because that’s a crowd and four isn’t.

This is what It looked like in a photograph of Middlesbrough v Rotherham

Rotherham are on what has been described as a resurgence, seven points from their last three games is good, very good, but not as good as nine. Swansea do seem to struggle at times when they travel to New York and recent results maybe reflect that. But they don’t. That 2-1 loss to Ryan Manning a few years back seems to be the only time the swans have played there which isn’t right, but it must be. So the swans have never won there, I’ll check that, I’m sure it’s right. Anyway Rotherham may as well chuck this game because the swans are pissed off after Wednesday night.

The first game between the sides was on December 8th 1951, yes that late in history for it to be almost recent. Swansea as expected won 5-0 in front of 11,500 spectators. They didn’t call them fans then, as that was a mechanical object used to circulate air or push things through pipes. Since then Swansea have won 28 games and Rotherham 25. Surprisingly, although - I wasn’t that bothered the sides have also shared 25 draws. In 1956 the swans won 6-1 at Rotherham. The Millers won games too, but we don’t talk about it. Apart from in that video from 1990 when we didn’t talk about it, the commentator did. And he was crap.

Rotherham United manager is Paul Warne who when it’s cold wears a big warm hat on his head. This is the best place to wear a hat although we are pretty certain other ways have been explored. When he tells his players off for being naughty or not listening Paul Warne’s them and then if they don’t listen he Warne’s them again.

TEAMS

Rotherham United: Jamal Blackman; Matthew Olosunde, Richard Wood (captain), Michael Ihiekwe, Angus MacDonald, Wes Harding; Shaun MacDonald, Jamie Lindsay, Ben Wiles; Matt Crooks; Michael Smith.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Viktor Johansson, Clark Robertson, Trevor Clarke, Ryan Giles, Florian Jozefzoon, Freddie Ladapo, George Hirst.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Joel Latibeaudiere, Cameron Evans, Jay Fulton, Dan Williams, Ollie Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Jordan Morris.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Jan 30 with 1857 viewsAndyCole

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:40 - Jan 30 by Swanjaxs

No shingles mate, I honestly find this guy hilarious 🤣

Can't be arsed, but wtf do you only post here to criticise other posters ?

Regular posters that help to keep this site flowing, with provocative debate and discussion.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:49 - Jan 30 with 1854 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Jan 30 by Swanjaxs

I think he's just fed up with your boring old hate filled patter mate...

I might be wrong mind.

ROLF

I ain't getting drawn into anything, suffice to say the site is immeasurably more enjoyable now. Happy days, great result today, whats not to be happy about.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Jan 30 with 1821 viewsSwanjaxs

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Jan 30 by AndyCole

Can't be arsed, but wtf do you only post here to criticise other posters ?

Regular posters that help to keep this site flowing, with provocative debate and discussion.

It's all about debate Mr Andy Cole init, put your head above the parapet and expect debate...

You agree 👍

Anyway, have a look at my posting "hits" over the years..

I think you'll be impressed.

Second thoughts don't bother AC get yourself back off to https://www.redcafe.net/
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:09]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 19:22 - Jan 30 with 1770 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Jan 30 by Swanjaxs

It's all about debate Mr Andy Cole init, put your head above the parapet and expect debate...

You agree 👍

Anyway, have a look at my posting "hits" over the years..

I think you'll be impressed.

Second thoughts don't bother AC get yourself back off to https://www.redcafe.net/
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:09]

“Look at my hits” - are you 12??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Jan 30 with 1640 viewsonehunglow

It’s the wrong site Jaxs for you

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Jan 30 with 1650 viewsDJack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

It’s the wrong site Jaxs for you

Says who?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:34 - Jan 30 with 1629 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Jan 30 by DJack

Says who?

Says me. The one that allows wholesale abuse is not this one.

Now them,back on topic...

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Jan 30 with 1642 viewsSwanjaxs

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:34 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Says me . OK then boss man 🤡

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Jan 30 with 1627 viewsonehunglow

Now we ve exhausted any footy debate ,it s 15 mins until Casualty comes on. Now ,how about it Connie,Come on

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:42 - Jan 30 with 1627 viewsDJack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:34 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Back on topic?

It was you who decided that he is the arbiter of who posts here without any reference to the game in that post.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Jan 30 with 1518 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 17:24 - Jan 30 by raynor94

Can't wait for our regular tactical genius to comment on that stat.

Should have brought more subs on then it would read W:14 D:0 L:0, clueless, clown, gutless, coward... or something. Wibble,

Well done Steve Cooper and the players yet again coming through a potentially very tricky match with confidence and class.

Superb stuff.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 11:08 - Jan 31 with 1312 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:42 - Jan 30 by DJack

Back on topic?

It was you who decided that he is the arbiter of who posts here without any reference to the game in that post.

Ironic.
Great team work by you and the guys

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 12:16 - Jan 31 with 1289 viewslifelong

Always great entertainment reading the match day thread on here on a Sunday morning..brightens up my day.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 12:57 - Jan 31 with 1256 viewsBoundy

Fair comments

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 13:42 - Jan 31 with 1197 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 12:16 - Jan 31 by lifelong

Always great entertainment reading the match day thread on here on a Sunday morning..brightens up my day.

Isn't it just,
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 14:15 - Jan 31 with 1148 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 12:16 - Jan 31 by lifelong

It’s a good place to be 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 14:26 - Jan 31 with 1127 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 14:15 - Jan 31 by KeithHaynes

It’s a good place to be 😉

Hell aint a bad place to be

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 14:57 - Jan 31 with 1113 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 14:26 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Hell aint a bad place to be

More fun probably.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 15:10 - Jan 31 with 1097 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 14:57 - Jan 31 by KeithHaynes

More fun probably.

any excuse.Easy to play too Guv

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Jan 31 with 1002 viewsploppy

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Jan 30 by felixstowe_jack

What a midfield three of them scored.

I think that was 3 left foot goals following the 5 left goals in the cup.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 16:56]

It's pretty hard to tell but I think Fulton scored with the outside of his right foot - while spinning to face is own goal, strangely. I've watched it on slow motion about a dozen times and that's what it looks like to me.

Sky Sports seem to think so too - https://www.skysports.com/football/rotherham-vs-swansea/report/430026

but they also say it was Fulton's first touch after coming on. It wasn't - he had a couple of touches in the build-up to the goal. So what do they know.

Either way, it was a brilliant goal.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 993 viewsChubz

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Jan 31 by ploppy

It's pretty hard to tell but I think Fulton scored with the outside of his right foot - while spinning to face is own goal, strangely. I've watched it on slow motion about a dozen times and that's what it looks like to me.

Sky Sports seem to think so too - https://www.skysports.com/football/rotherham-vs-swansea/report/430026

but they also say it was Fulton's first touch after coming on. It wasn't - he had a couple of touches in the build-up to the goal. So what do they know.

Either way, it was a brilliant goal.

Yes Fulton helped Roberts out with a defensive one-two before the goal. Not 100% it was Roberts
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Jan 31 with 987 viewsSwanjaxs

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 19:22 - Jan 30 by Brynmill_Jack

“Look at my hits” - are you 12??

Will reiterate again as my reply to this comment was taken down...

I have absolutely no interest in anything you have to say, you claim to have me on ignore but come in with a sly dig when you think its safe to do so.

You are basically a "creeper".

Now, go put me back on ignore Brynie ❤

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 21:22 - Jan 31 with 949 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Jan 31 by Swanjaxs

Will reiterate again as my reply to this comment was taken down...

I have absolutely no interest in anything you have to say, you claim to have me on ignore but come in with a sly dig when you think its safe to do so.

You are basically a "creeper".

Now, go put me back on ignore Brynie ❤

Awwww , no need to feel so hurt . It’s just banter. You love giving it out but you just can’t take it . Loosen up mun

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Jan 31 with 941 viewsSwanjaxs

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread on 21:22 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Awwww , no need to feel so hurt . It’s just banter. You love giving it out but you just can’t take it . Loosen up mun

That's better mate, see no need to be afraid, I don't bite lol

So is that me off ignore then?

Pint post lockdown yea 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024