Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job 18:14 - Mar 29 with 3893 viewsthornabyswan

Looking like Bothroyd is about to get the boot.

Cooper and Jodey Morris head the FA shortlist according to reports.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 22:28 - Mar 29 with 965 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 22:19 - Mar 29 by BillyChong

Wagner spent a fortune at Huddersfield. Not sure he fits the bill in that respect.

Winters choice sadly.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 23:13 - Mar 29 with 941 views9MilesHigh

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 22:19 - Mar 29 by BillyChong

Wagner spent a fortune at Huddersfield. Not sure he fits the bill in that respect.

What?

No he didn't.

He spent £5m abd was shrewd in the loan market.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/huddersfield-town/transfers/verein/1110/plus/1?s
Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 23:22 - Mar 29 with 933 viewsbuilthjack

Cooper will be looking for a bigger gig, unless we are promoted.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 00:20 - Mar 30 with 916 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This under 21 side is Cooper’s under 17 side four years on isn’t it?

We won’t be replacing him with Boothroyd then.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 08:45 - Mar 30 with 870 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 21:21 - Mar 29 by 9MilesHigh

I don't like Cooper, I've got no qualms about it, it's not a revelation to me when you type it out.

But your sickly fawning over him is nauseous and your memory failing.

Our first goal in the Championship was against Forest at home. A 3-1 win. Here's Sky Sports' take on it...

"After an open start to the game, Swans midfielder Britton collected the ball on the right and skipped past two challenges before cutting inside and unleashing a fizzing drive toward goal. Britton's effort beat keeper Smith's despairing dive but not the post. The ball deflected back off the upright only to hit the hapless Smith on the back of the head and roll over the line. The hosts played the sort of flowing one-touch football that saw them finish 10 points clear of Forest as League One champions last term."

and the link - https://www.skysports.com/football/swansea-city-vs-nottingham-forest/1955 (Stylish Swans down Forest)

but what's worse and un-forgivable is fans like you trying to rubbish Martinez in Cooper's defence. Sit down man.

No one would care a monkey's chuff for a long ball over the top goal or a bloody free kick.

And no one should EVER even mention Martinez' name in the same breath as Cooper.

And yes, I want Wagner - any day of the week.

But for while Cooper is here, I want the Swans to do well. But I can't warm to him and his dire football and I don't think it's sustainable.

I am not fawning over Cooper just fed up with the "bo****ks spouted on here about him like the comments post Bristol how he had been found out..yet watching the game over again a few times Bristol were certainly not on top in that second half.

This swe have been worked out stuff our wingbacks are nullified yet we go to Stoke and get an equaliser curtesy of out two wing backs. There has been a dislike of Cooper from the of..and you say

"No one would care a monkey's chuff for a long ball over the top goal or a bloody free kick."

Yet a couple of weeks ago you were pontificating on here about our lack of goals from open play

but what's worse and un-forgivable is fans like you trying to rubbish Martinez in Cooper's defence
I am not trying to rubbish Martinez what I am trying to do is get some perspective....yes I was wrong re our firsat goal I was confusing it with the following away game after we had beaten Forest 3-1 at home.
Martinez had some very indifferent results that season.......dont get me wrong I was grateful for what he did he hot us back to the 2nd tier....but his record of results was not much better than Coopers' yet now certain fans are giving our manager ahrd time yet we are still in the hunt for automatic promotion and in the play offs.

Below is the write up of our penultimate game it describes how we rarely threatened the oppostions goal....so we werent that full attacking force we think we rememebr...we lost the next game at home to Blackpool.

Both Manager have their strengths and weaknesses...I am not rubbishing Martinez but given the quality of his squad ..compared to what Cooper has had maybe Cooper has managed his reosurces better to put us in the promotion mix for two succesive seasons.

Once again I am not rubbishing Martinez just pointing out that when one looks back things maybe were not quite what they seem today. We were on a roll a couple of season after almpost falling out of the league we were back in the 2nd tier and playing with aplomb with the likes of Rangel, Gomez,Orlandi. Pintado some spanish flair...couple with Leons distribution, the steel of Pratley,the lengend that was Bodde....now we are still suffering the down turn form relegation,the much discussed sell out and with a squad which has been begged borrowed and stolen...

Sheffield United kept their slim automatic promotion hopes alive while ending Swansea City's play-off bid.

David Cotterill grabbed the winner from the penalty spot eight minutes before the break when Swans captain Garry Monk bundled over Stephen Quinn.

It could have been more had Dorus de Vries not pulled off fine stops from Darius Henderson and Chris Morgan.

Swansea got themselves back into contention in the second half but rarely threatened the United goal.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 09:06 - Mar 30 with 853 viewsonehunglow

I dont' think nine miles has a "problem" with Steve,simply chuffed off with him.
Many feel the same.
You don't .
That's fine.
I get hacked off with the insane forum love for him and Woody.(come to that.
You simply feel sorry for them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 09:06 - Mar 30 with 855 viewsangryjack

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 21:21 - Mar 29 by majorraglan

Not sure Wagner is the answer, he had a terrible record at Schalke, but then again I am not sure who I’d go for. I’d like to return to the footballing style that graced the Liberty a few years ago. I’d like to see that playing style replicated through out the club at all levels, kind of having a philosophy and style that permeates though the club and players can mv3 seamlessly between the levels.

Give ian evatt a shout...
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 9:07]
Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 09:22 - Mar 30 with 843 viewsonehunglow

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 09:06 - Mar 30 by angryjack

Give ian evatt a shout...
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 9:07]

I honestly thought this was a hoax topic.
Surely we couldn't be so fortunate .
There again,it is all about how our esteemed owners replace super Steve.
Meanwhile ,soon,we face another club with a new manager.
I'd settle for us scaping the play offs although its a couple weeks more pain before the summer,which I hope we all enjoy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 15:59 - Mar 30 with 781 views9MilesHigh

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 08:45 - Mar 30 by vetchonian

I am not fawning over Cooper just fed up with the "bo****ks spouted on here about him like the comments post Bristol how he had been found out..yet watching the game over again a few times Bristol were certainly not on top in that second half.

This swe have been worked out stuff our wingbacks are nullified yet we go to Stoke and get an equaliser curtesy of out two wing backs. There has been a dislike of Cooper from the of..and you say

"No one would care a monkey's chuff for a long ball over the top goal or a bloody free kick."

Yet a couple of weeks ago you were pontificating on here about our lack of goals from open play

but what's worse and un-forgivable is fans like you trying to rubbish Martinez in Cooper's defence
I am not trying to rubbish Martinez what I am trying to do is get some perspective....yes I was wrong re our firsat goal I was confusing it with the following away game after we had beaten Forest 3-1 at home.
Martinez had some very indifferent results that season.......dont get me wrong I was grateful for what he did he hot us back to the 2nd tier....but his record of results was not much better than Coopers' yet now certain fans are giving our manager ahrd time yet we are still in the hunt for automatic promotion and in the play offs.

Below is the write up of our penultimate game it describes how we rarely threatened the oppostions goal....so we werent that full attacking force we think we rememebr...we lost the next game at home to Blackpool.

Both Manager have their strengths and weaknesses...I am not rubbishing Martinez but given the quality of his squad ..compared to what Cooper has had maybe Cooper has managed his reosurces better to put us in the promotion mix for two succesive seasons.

Once again I am not rubbishing Martinez just pointing out that when one looks back things maybe were not quite what they seem today. We were on a roll a couple of season after almpost falling out of the league we were back in the 2nd tier and playing with aplomb with the likes of Rangel, Gomez,Orlandi. Pintado some spanish flair...couple with Leons distribution, the steel of Pratley,the lengend that was Bodde....now we are still suffering the down turn form relegation,the much discussed sell out and with a squad which has been begged borrowed and stolen...

Sheffield United kept their slim automatic promotion hopes alive while ending Swansea City's play-off bid.

David Cotterill grabbed the winner from the penalty spot eight minutes before the break when Swans captain Garry Monk bundled over Stephen Quinn.

It could have been more had Dorus de Vries not pulled off fine stops from Darius Henderson and Chris Morgan.

Swansea got themselves back into contention in the second half but rarely threatened the United goal.

So let me get this straight, are you saying you're not trying to rubbish Martinez (you said it a few times ;-)

But then you literally must have scoured the internet and the worse you could find was one sentence that said we rarely threatened the goal in the second half.

Come on.... that's weak, isn't it?

No manager, no style or DNA will get it right in every game anyway, but to highlight absurdities like you have is just barking mad.

And what I meant by fans not caring if we scored a long ball goal or a free kick, is the odd one here and there. Bloody hell mate, that's still football. Bodde could chip a long ball onto Scotland's big toe, no fan ever moaned about it.

So I don't know whether you are being deliberately obtuse or just can't grasp things, but the problem we have now is that's ALL WE'VE GOT!!!

Martinez played the game the right way, we passed it around, we pulled them around, we got in behind, we played in their half, but yes, we could ALSO counter attack, especially away from home when he'd play 442 and we could also grab the odd free kick.

I will have to contest the nonsense about any regular long balls though because it's just that, nonsense.

And to contrast, what do we have now? A team of robots who play with fear, stay in their positions and spoil games - a team we used to ridicule.

But for people like you, you prefer to ridicule the style that made us who we were for so long.

And lastly, you hold up this bloody Stoke goal where our 2 full backs combined....!!!! That's 1 goal in how many??? Don't you ever stop and think before you write?

Let's make this plain and simple....

Our open play football is pathetic and almost non existent EVEN THOUGH we scored 1 (ONE) goal with our full backs combining in 9 or 10 games.
Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 16:07 - Mar 31 with 699 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on shortlist for England U21 job on 15:59 - Mar 30 by 9MilesHigh

So let me get this straight, are you saying you're not trying to rubbish Martinez (you said it a few times ;-)

But then you literally must have scoured the internet and the worse you could find was one sentence that said we rarely threatened the goal in the second half.

Come on.... that's weak, isn't it?

No manager, no style or DNA will get it right in every game anyway, but to highlight absurdities like you have is just barking mad.

And what I meant by fans not caring if we scored a long ball goal or a free kick, is the odd one here and there. Bloody hell mate, that's still football. Bodde could chip a long ball onto Scotland's big toe, no fan ever moaned about it.

So I don't know whether you are being deliberately obtuse or just can't grasp things, but the problem we have now is that's ALL WE'VE GOT!!!

Martinez played the game the right way, we passed it around, we pulled them around, we got in behind, we played in their half, but yes, we could ALSO counter attack, especially away from home when he'd play 442 and we could also grab the odd free kick.

I will have to contest the nonsense about any regular long balls though because it's just that, nonsense.

And to contrast, what do we have now? A team of robots who play with fear, stay in their positions and spoil games - a team we used to ridicule.

But for people like you, you prefer to ridicule the style that made us who we were for so long.

And lastly, you hold up this bloody Stoke goal where our 2 full backs combined....!!!! That's 1 goal in how many??? Don't you ever stop and think before you write?

Let's make this plain and simple....

Our open play football is pathetic and almost non existent EVEN THOUGH we scored 1 (ONE) goal with our full backs combining in 9 or 10 games.

I have to concede to you as as ever you can never see anyone elses opinion...
You say Coopers style of football is not sustainable yet two seasons running it has us vying for promotion
One minute you are making noises about our lack of goals form open play yet when I dare to suggest that Martinez's team scored many goals not from open play I am berated. Its true Scotland scored several penalties that season,we got goals either directly or indirectly from Gomez free kicks and a few games we rescued a draw from Ash or Monk heading in from a corner....
I enjoyed that Martinez season and In no way am I decrying his management or style what I was trying to do was put in some perspective...At that time we were on the rise from the doldrums a couple of season since we nearly dropped out of the league and here we were back in the Championship with good footballing squad. Compare that squad with Coopers.

There were games during that period where we were lucky to score and quite often when we did it was in added time. BUT we also enjoyed some games which were free scoring...but these were in the minority... but as they satnd out thats what we rememeber
I can several examples of set piece and last gasp goals from that period if necessary but it will just prolong the debate

We will never agree on this BUT we both want the same thing I dont want football by numbers...and at times we have seen some of the football we desire...Bristol Cardiff for example, there have been flashes in other games too..
I just feel at times the bashing Cooper gets is over the top and unfair and based on emotion not fact.
I have offered several times my thoughts as to the approach adopted by Cooper...

1. His bosses have tasked him with promotion before the parachute payments expire ie this season so he is adopting an approach to guarantee results over entertainment

2. Given the schedule and the lack of time between games to work on tactics and develop a style he has reverted to a "system" that everyone can understand and work with...tournament football to a degree ( which has been his forte so he has reverted to type...which often happens with managers in all professions when they are faced with a challenge)

Cooper has a job which in unenvyable ...he has to please his bosses and the fans....He will know we tha fans want and expect a certain style of football given pur "heritage" ... and I am not trying to ridicule the style that made us who we were for so long...but that style did not come overnight and in fact whilst Martinez started us on the way...Sousa and Brendan refined things...under Martinez we prefereed to get the ball forward quickly on the deck...Leon was used to give the centre halves an outball to save the usual lower league hoof it from defence or ..we used wingers working with the midfield quick one touch passing to move the ball upfield quickly.....very rarely under Martinez did the ball go backwards or sideways without us advancing rather than stay in the same point on the pitch. Sousa made us stronger in defence then Brendan added the press when we were without the ball and made sure we kept the ball until there was a sure attacking opportunity.

We will have to agree to disagree but we all know that no on eelse understands the game as you....I am sure Everton wish they had listened to you and not bougth that "one trick pony" Gylfi too

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024