Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 02:51 - May 2 with 11924 viewsDr_Parnassus

Firstly congratulations to Steve Cooper, the players and everyone at the club for not only reaching the playoffs for the second consecutive year, but amassing a points tally equal to our record best in this division, held previously by our incredible Brendan Rodgers side the year we went up.

We do have a chance to topple that record with any kind of positive result against Watford next week.

Not only is the points tally being exactly the same pretty remarkable, but also the fact we were going in with the best defensive record and yet the worst (joint) scoring record. Whether or not you like the style, like the manager - the blueprint has been very similar with regards to that.

But now the playoffs have been decided and we can look ahead...

The worst possible result for us sadly. They are one of those teams we don’t seem to do well against and think it’s fair to say that on paper have the strongest squad in the playoffs. Our last 6 meetings:-

Bournemouth 3-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 1-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-0 Bournemouth

Bournemouth 2-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-3 Bournemouth

0 goals scored. 9 goals conceded.

As many may have gathered by now I approach football the same way as I do with most aspects of life, methodical with a focus on statistics, trends and probabilities.

That premise suggests that you want to avoid the best team over the longest period of time. If you must meet that team then you have a greater chance to beat that team over a shorter period of time.

For example if Man City played Sheff United over a 90 minute match, they would probably be in the region of 1/10 to win, if the rules of the game made that a 180 minute match the odds would probably be 1/20, because the longer the time you have the more chance that the class difference will tell.

So ideally we would have wanted them in the final where aspects such as luck can play a part and not have chance to even itself out over the longer course of 2 legs.

So it’s going to be tough. But not impossible. We had a similar route in the Carling Cup where we were faced with playing Chelsea over 2 legs which set up an easier final. So it’s not out of the question.

Bournemouth rested a host of players against Wycombe yesterday and will probably do so again next week. We didn’t rest as many as I thought we would so would like to see that happen next week, which really is a dead rubber. It would be pretty galling to pick up an injury or red card.

All that is left to play for is home advantage in the second leg.

What will be will be. But whatever happens from here on in, this has been yet another successful season.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 3:06]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:07 - May 8 with 828 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:07 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Hahahahahaha dear me

Gotcha.

Apology accepted.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 16:08]

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:08 - May 8 with 824 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:07 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Gotcha.

Apology accepted.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 16:08]

Pardon?

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:09 - May 8 with 820 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:08 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Pardon?

Gotcha.

Apology accepted

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:10 - May 8 with 815 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:09 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Gotcha.

Apology accepted

Have you lost your marbles or something
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:12 - May 8 with 809 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:10 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Have you lost your marbles or something

No. I explained it perfectly.

It reduced you to the post you made.

My response was perfectly apt.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:14 - May 8 with 803 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:12 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

No. I explained it perfectly.

It reduced you to the post you made.

My response was perfectly apt.

Yes, you’ve lost it.

Quite sad actually.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:17 - May 8 with 797 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:14 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Yes, you’ve lost it.

Quite sad actually.

I love the fact you and your mate came on here the second we secured our favourable playoff route with thoughts only for the great Dr P... only to realise you are arguing against maths and are getting all frustrated.

Voderman is shaking her head at the pair of you. You have not only disappointed me but also the great Carol.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:26 - May 8 with 786 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:17 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I love the fact you and your mate came on here the second we secured our favourable playoff route with thoughts only for the great Dr P... only to realise you are arguing against maths and are getting all frustrated.

Voderman is shaking her head at the pair of you. You have not only disappointed me but also the great Carol.

Trust me when I say here, I’m far from frustrated. You on the other hand though, are full of rage at this moment in time.

“So it’s Bournemouth”

Barnsley v Swansea May 17th
Login to get fewer ads

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:32 - May 8 with 775 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:26 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Trust me when I say here, I’m far from frustrated. You on the other hand though, are full of rage at this moment in time.

“So it’s Bournemouth”

Barnsley v Swansea May 17th

Rage? Frustrated? Don’t be so daft.

Maths is in my corner and will always prove me correct. I have no need to feel either, science shows I’m spot on.

The article absolutely was Bournemouth, what’s the point in making it about a team we had a slim chance of playing?

Don’t let this frustration get the better of you like your mate. You will be sending me embarrassingly deranged PM’s next.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:43 - May 8 with 767 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:32 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Rage? Frustrated? Don’t be so daft.

Maths is in my corner and will always prove me correct. I have no need to feel either, science shows I’m spot on.

The article absolutely was Bournemouth, what’s the point in making it about a team we had a slim chance of playing?

Don’t let this frustration get the better of you like your mate. You will be sending me embarrassingly deranged PM’s next.

Again, zero frustration from me. Far from it actually!
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:45 - May 8 with 758 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:43 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Again, zero frustration from me. Far from it actually!

I disagree.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:49 - May 8 with 743 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:45 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I disagree.

Another wrong call to be added to the ever growing list.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:50 - May 8 with 737 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:49 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Another wrong call to be added to the ever growing list.

Not sure you can have a list of zero.

I don’t think the list will be starting on this one either somehow...

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:57 - May 8 with 718 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:50 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure you can have a list of zero.

I don’t think the list will be starting on this one either somehow...

“Mind Blindness”

To be expected.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:01 - May 8 with 711 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 16:57 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

“Mind Blindness”

To be expected.

“Frustrated anger”.

It most certainly is to be expected. I can only imagine how I would feel if I thought my one and only time to prove someone wrong that I have become obsessed with, ended up in me realising I was arguing against a mathematical statement of fact and he was right all along.

I can only imagine how you feel.

Tomorrow is a new day. Dust yourself down and go again.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 17:05]

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:08 - May 8 with 698 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:01 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

“Frustrated anger”.

It most certainly is to be expected. I can only imagine how I would feel if I thought my one and only time to prove someone wrong that I have become obsessed with, ended up in me realising I was arguing against a mathematical statement of fact and he was right all along.

I can only imagine how you feel.

Tomorrow is a new day. Dust yourself down and go again.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 17:05]

This is what I mean about the rage going through you as we speak. You’re absolutely livid and you’re thrashing out, don’t worry about it mun. Calm yourself. You should be used to it by now

Final word as I don’t like to keep beating the same drum....

“So it’s Bournemouth”

Source BBC Sport: Swansea City will face Barnsley in the Championship play-offs after ending the regular season with a defeat at promoted Watford.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:14 - May 8 with 690 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:08 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

This is what I mean about the rage going through you as we speak. You’re absolutely livid and you’re thrashing out, don’t worry about it mun. Calm yourself. You should be used to it by now

Final word as I don’t like to keep beating the same drum....

“So it’s Bournemouth”

Source BBC Sport: Swansea City will face Barnsley in the Championship play-offs after ending the regular season with a defeat at promoted Watford.

Yes. You mean several things, the majority of it abject nonsense after realising you are wrong.

“So it’s Bournemouth”, he’s the article was about Bournemouth, the team we had 79.1% chance of facing in the play-offs.

Again, it’s clearly stated we may well face Barnsley, but it’s the most unlikely of the scenarios.

Just like it was the least likely outcome that we would replace Forest in the play-offs prior to the Reading game. It is still the least likely out of the possible outcomes.

Until you grasp that very basic principle you will be chasing your tail with me. I’m sure you have realised that by now.

There’s always next year.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:28 - May 8 with 667 viewssplJack

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:14 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes. You mean several things, the majority of it abject nonsense after realising you are wrong.

“So it’s Bournemouth”, he’s the article was about Bournemouth, the team we had 79.1% chance of facing in the play-offs.

Again, it’s clearly stated we may well face Barnsley, but it’s the most unlikely of the scenarios.

Just like it was the least likely outcome that we would replace Forest in the play-offs prior to the Reading game. It is still the least likely out of the possible outcomes.

Until you grasp that very basic principle you will be chasing your tail with me. I’m sure you have realised that by now.

There’s always next year.

Relax DR. Why not just admit you jumped the gun and got it wrong with your playoff prediction.

Its no big deal and certainly not worth beating yourself up over it, we all make mistakes. Nobody here really cares anyway.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:30 - May 8 with 657 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:28 - May 8 by splJack

Relax DR. Why not just admit you jumped the gun and got it wrong with your playoff prediction.

Its no big deal and certainly not worth beating yourself up over it, we all make mistakes. Nobody here really cares anyway.

I didn’t jump any gun. Or make any predictions.

I gave the mathematical probabilities of the different scenarios that were left to us and concentrated on the most likely outcome.

Surely this isn’t that difficult is it?

Maths is not a mistake. Maths will tell you that you are incredibly unlikely to win the mega millions lottery... if you do go on to win it, maths didn’t make a mistake, it was correct. You were 1 in 300 million.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 17:34]

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:34 - May 8 with 649 viewssplJack

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:30 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t jump any gun. Or make any predictions.

I gave the mathematical probabilities of the different scenarios that were left to us and concentrated on the most likely outcome.

Surely this isn’t that difficult is it?

Maths is not a mistake. Maths will tell you that you are incredibly unlikely to win the mega millions lottery... if you do go on to win it, maths didn’t make a mistake, it was correct. You were 1 in 300 million.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 17:34]

Ok so you made a statement based on probabilities, that was wrong - Like I say, nobody really cares mate.

No need to work yourself up.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:35 - May 8 with 647 viewsDr_Parnassus

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:34 - May 8 by splJack

Ok so you made a statement based on probabilities, that was wrong - Like I say, nobody really cares mate.

No statement. A post concentrating on the most probable route in the playoffs.

No need to get so mad at it.

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:35 - May 8 with 647 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:34 - May 8 by splJack

I agree spl. It has been rather tragic how bad he has taken it.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:37 - May 8 with 641 viewssplJack

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:35 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

I agree spl. It has been rather tragic how bad he has taken it.

I'm sure he'll get over it, eventually.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:39 - May 8 with 636 views34dfgdf54

So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:37 - May 8 by splJack

I'm sure he'll get over it, eventually.

The “gotcha” posts were particularly unfortunate.
So it’s Bournemouth... plus we equal 2011 on 17:40 - May 8 with 635 viewsDr_Parnassus

Out in force.

Maths and Dr P always win, no matter how hard you try or frustrated you get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024