Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! 15:02 - May 17 with 7257 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/may/kwadwobaahtojoinwatford/

The last line confirming release list due in next 48 hours.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:31 - May 21 with 1442 viewsSuddenLad

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:24 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

No, it would have gone to a tribunal because we offered him a deal.

We don't know what we would have got from a tribunal.

I think offering him a deal was merely 'going through the motions'. He would never have signed it after interest from elsewhere. As you say £100k is a 'convenient' sum.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 11:35 - May 21 with 1360 viewsChaffRAFC

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:31 - May 21 by SuddenLad

I think offering him a deal was merely 'going through the motions'. He would never have signed it after interest from elsewhere. As you say £100k is a 'convenient' sum.

Absolutely, but the fact we offered it, despite him and his agent having no intentions to sign it, meant we would be due compensation from a tribunal. The article said the deal would be more than the tribunal. I don't know how we can know that without it having gone to it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 11:36 - May 21 with 1359 viewsChaffRAFC

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 10:31 - May 21 by SuddenLad

And had we offered him a new deal before he burst onto the scene, maybe they would have signed it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 11:53 - May 21 with 1341 viewsSaxonDale

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 11:35 - May 21 by ChaffRAFC

Absolutely, but the fact we offered it, despite him and his agent having no intentions to sign it, meant we would be due compensation from a tribunal. The article said the deal would be more than the tribunal. I don't know how we can know that without it having gone to it.

Agree- a lot of people have praised the deal but I see it as another time a club has taken advantage of what is going on at boardroom level at the moment. IF the deal is £125,000 then that seems very low and I'm not sure how the club are so certain they would have got even less- I can't think of many deals that have been for such a low fee particularly when they've involved a Premier League club. As I've said before on this thread I'm also not buying the 'we risked losing him for nothing' line- he could've negotiated and agreed deals with foreign clubs from January (probably why City originally agreed to 'jump the queue') This Watford deal strikes me as them realising they can pull a fast one on us by not taking us to tribunal more than anything.
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 14:25 - May 21 with 1243 viewsupthedale

Could it potentially be that the add-ons with an actual sale might be better, than if we went to tribunal - even if we get less from that initial sale.

So if Baah is successful we might gain from his career, if tribunal we wouldn't have?

No idea, just thinking out loud!
Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 21:16 - May 21 with 1006 viewspioneer

Baah to Watford confirmed - release list mention ! on 14:25 - May 21 by upthedale

Could it potentially be that the add-ons with an actual sale might be better, than if we went to tribunal - even if we get less from that initial sale.

So if Baah is successful we might gain from his career, if tribunal we wouldn't have?

No idea, just thinking out loud!

Please no, not those add ons. How are they going to help us get out of the ‘rochdale’ division?

We could be playing Bradford Park Avenue before any add ons emerge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024