Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread 15:12 - Jun 17 with 7397 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the last game of the Group A qualifiers and Wales play away again, this time in Rome against Italy. The Azzurri are flying higher than the Aeronautica Militare over a soft target on a Tuesday morning. The reversal of any vehicle especially a stereotypical Alfa Romeo won’t stop this game going ahead. Greenpeace haven’t any grudges against Mark Drakeford as far as we know and Mario Draghi continues to excel at being a ‘right’ banker.

Italy v Wales
Group A
Sunday 20th June 2021
Kick off 5pm
Olympic Stadium, Rome

Officials TBA

Italy won their first two games against Switzerland and Turkey 3-0. They are the first country to qualify for the last sixteen of this years Euros. Wales have drawn against Switzerland and beat Turkey 2-0. The latter a convincing and exciting display of attacking football. If Wales avoid defeat they will qualify in second place for the last sixteen, if they win, they win the group, if they are defeated and Switzerland win the Swiss have to turn around a five goal difference.

It isn’t over yet.

As you know Swansea Independent is an educational website encouraging learning at all levels. By the time you have finished this Matchday thread you will know the entire Italian sign language alphabet.

There you go. It’s not all stereotypes though, we’ve said this before, Birmingham in that England is named after spaghetti, and has a series of roads named after it. There are some rough neighbourhoods in Italy, these are called Spaghetto’s, talking of which - in Napoli a few years ago the police were ‘right’ pizza tossers. The currency in Italy is now the euro which replaced the pasta note in about 1996 or before.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55198/italy-v-wales-“w

To follow!

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Jun 20 with 876 viewsmax936

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Jun 20 by jasper_T

Shape's getting torn apart. Need to change. Morrell exposed against Veratti is suicide.

Thank god for H/T, think we need to go back to a back 4 we getting pulled apart as a 3, Midfield getting overrun, I agree on Morrell though, Bale and Ramsey could do more as well, one of them needs to drop back and go from there. Tough ask against this Italian side though, to organised and quick.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 17:58 - Jun 20 with 829 viewsBadlands

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Jun 20 by TenbySwan

3 Centre half's and two unmarked at the near Post.
Morrell is the weakest link! Gave the ball away countless times.
Stupid free kick for Joe Allen to give away as well

1 cb, a repurposed midfielder and a has been fullback.
Could easily be 3 down.
Wunderkind Williams is doing my head in too.
Is it the law that when Ramsey Nd Bale get the ball they have to look to pass it to the other.
Italy are class and playing within themselves at the moment. If they up the pace i can see yellows, reds and panatlies.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Jun 20 with 821 viewsbuilthjack

As I said during the Turkey game, there really was no need for Ben and Mepham to get involved and get themselves booked. Stupid fools who can't play today and have altered the shape of the side. I can never understand them choosing tab the ref continually after a free kick has been given. They know they will be booked.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Jun 20 with 809 viewsBadlands

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Jun 20 by builthjack

As I said during the Turkey game, there really was no need for Ben and Mepham to get involved and get themselves booked. Stupid fools who can't play today and have altered the shape of the side. I can never understand them choosing tab the ref continually after a free kick has been given. They know they will be booked.

The obvious action would have been to play Ben Cabago for Mepham and gone 4 at the back.

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Jun 20 with 796 viewsTreforys_Jack

How the feck was that not a yellow on Bale.
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Jun 20 with 789 viewsjasper_T

Harsh yellow for Allen? Hartson's on fire with his idiotic comments today. Blatant, textbook yellow card.
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Jun 20 with 782 viewsjackrabbit

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 17:51 - Jun 20 by jasper_T

You wonder what game Hartson is watching to claim it was controversial or that Joe got the ball.

Hartson’s dreadful. Horrible to listen to.
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Jun 20 with 781 viewsmax936

Red Card for Ampadu
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 18:14]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:14 - Jun 20 with 779 viewsBadlands

Ampadu at CB … Great call.
Send the ***** home tonight.

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Jun 20 with 768 viewsraynor94

Turning into a nightmare

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Jun 20 with 754 viewsMrSwerve

Imagine if we had, you know, a proper manager in charge.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Jun 20 with 746 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hopefully Hartson never gets another job in football punditry again. I can't recall anybody as clueless as he has been today. It's incredible. I understand there will be bias but he's well beyond that.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Jun 20 with 748 viewsjasper_T

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:15 - Jun 20 by raynor94

Turning into a nightmare

Might kill the intensity of the game if we're lucky.

Been crying out for subs for ages, Page forgot he's manager?
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Jun 20 with 740 viewsbuilthjack

Bale been kicked to hell yet no booking. The Italians have got something on this ref.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Jun 20 with 738 viewsjasper_T

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Jun 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hopefully Hartson never gets another job in football punditry again. I can't recall anybody as clueless as he has been today. It's incredible. I understand there will be bias but he's well beyond that.

Bias is fine, claiming our players get the ball when they're nowhere near is another thing entirely. Watching a different game in his head.
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Jun 20 with 734 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why is he risking Moore when he's on a yellow and is notorious for elbowing people when he challenges for the ball in the air? Unbelievable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Jun 20 with 737 viewsTreforys_Jack

Another textbook yellow on James not given.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 18:19]
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Jun 20 with 726 viewsbuilthjack

How on earth wasn't that a booking when the Italian took James out with his shoulder. Blatant foul.
Enjoy your brown envelope ref.

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:20 - Jun 20 with 713 viewsjackrabbit

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:16 - Jun 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Totally agree. If some village is missing its idiot, they’ll find him behind a microphone in Rome. A national embarrassment.
Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:21 - Jun 20 with 709 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Turkey score.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:22 - Jun 20 with 705 viewsraynor94

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Jun 20 by builthjack

Bale been kicked to hell yet no booking. The Italians have got something on this ref.

They don't need any help, they are playing us off the park.

Thank god Turkey have scored

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Jun 20 with 689 viewsraynor94

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Jun 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why is he risking Moore when he's on a yellow and is notorious for elbowing people when he challenges for the ball in the air? Unbelievable.

He just said we should fetch Ben on

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:26 - Jun 20 with 672 viewsBadlands

Allen needs to go pff, he's shattered.
Bale off too, done nothing.

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Jun 20 with 665 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Switzerland 3-1

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Italy v Wales : Euros Matchday Thread on 18:31 - Jun 20 with 643 viewsjasper_T

Ramsey's been shocking. Bale back to his anonymous self. Should whip both of for players who can defend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024