Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pictures of club legends 14:29 - Jul 12 with 5337 viewsfermin

I don't remember hearing about having pictures of club legends in the 1907 lounge but I was offline for quite a while earlier in the year.

Strange that this was not posted on the official website at the same time but perhaps an article is coming.

I can see Gary Jones, Reg Jenkins and Steve Whitehall. Anybody know who the others are?

Sounds like a great idea, though as I am hardly ever in the hospitality areas the chances of me seeing them in person are remote.
Pictures of club legends on 20:58 - Jul 12 with 1065 viewsTVOS1907

Pictures of club legends on 20:37 - Jul 12 by Fred_Talbot

Have you got that picture of me celebrating Gary Jones’ first goal for the club vs Brighton?
😊

It's my screensaver!!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pictures of club legends on 20:59 - Jul 12 with 1061 viewsTVOS1907

Pictures of club legends on 20:37 - Jul 12 by blackdogblue

Yep suppose so…, saying that why no CD?

Dunno

Pictures of club legends on 21:08 - Jul 12 with 1034 viewspioneer

Pictures of club legends on 20:05 - Jul 12 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately, there aren't suitable images of those players - or most from that era - freely available.

The initial criteria involved available images, a high number of appearances (might have been over 200 - not 100% sure) notable contribution (such as COG's promotion-wining goal), international honours and generally not being a tw0t.

Given there are one or two things still in the pipeline, some of the other players might appear elsewhere yet.

A bit unfortunate that this is the criteria. Any legends list that doesnt include anyone from pre 1960 is flawed. No Albert Whitehurst for example.

Surely in the digital age images of players from old photos could be produced.
Pictures of club legends on 21:52 - Jul 12 with 958 viewsTVOS1907

Pictures of club legends on 21:08 - Jul 12 by pioneer

A bit unfortunate that this is the criteria. Any legends list that doesnt include anyone from pre 1960 is flawed. No Albert Whitehurst for example.

Surely in the digital age images of players from old photos could be produced.

Unfortunately not from what there is available to us.

EDIT: And those criteria weren't fixed or official or anything, but it's difficult to narrow down such a list given the limitations on available resources. If you can find a suitable picture of Albert Whitehurst that can be blown up to the size of those on the wall, you're a better man than me!

I think the time and work that's gone into them by David Clough's Executors should be celebrated and applauded. I'm sure they may come along to explain their thinking in time.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 21:59]

Pictures of club legends on 22:08 - Jul 12 with 921 viewsShun

Pictures of club legends on 19:42 - Jul 12 by Quigley_dale

Hogan but no Daggers!?!? Crazy talk🤣

I'd also agree with Shun, Joey T should be there also.

Great concept to acknowledge our legends, and another nice touch from Cloughies legacy for our fans to enjoy.

Yep, forgot to add - it’s a great idea and well done to the Clough Legacy for putting it into motion. I do hope Joey T gets some kind of recognition in one of the upcoming initiatives though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024