Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number 15 will play 21:43 - Nov 8 with 813 viewsdurham_exile

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 15 will play on 22:07 - Nov 8 with 802 viewsdurham_exile

Wigan or Solihull at home

Durham_exile

Number 15 will play on 22:38 - Nov 8 with 767 viewswessex_exile

Number 15 will play on 22:07 - Nov 8 by durham_exile

Wigan or Solihull at home

Very tough draw if it's Wigan, and no certainty even if Solihull Moors win their replay, but it's at home at least. Thank goodness our home form is....oh, hang on....

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Number 15 will play on 22:43 - Nov 8 with 761 viewswessex_exile

Pending replays, full draw at the moment is:
1.Yeovil Town v MK Dons or Stevenage
2.Oxford United or Bristol Rovers v Sutton United
3.Burton Albion v Port Vale
4.Buxton v Morecambe
5.Lincoln City v Hartlepool United or Wycombe Wanderers
6.AFC Wimbledon v Cheltenham Town or Gillingham
7.Colchester United v Wigan Athletic or Solihull Moors
8.Leyton Orient v Tranmere Rovers
9.Northampton Town or Cambridge United v Bradford City or Exeter City
10.Doncaster Rovers v Mansfield Town
11.Walsall v Swindon Town
12.Rotherham United v Bolton Wanderers or Stockport County
13.Gateshead or Altrincham v Charlton Athletic
14.Boreham Wood v St Albans City
15.Kidderminster Harriers v FC Halifax Town
16.Carlisle United v Shrewsbury Town
17.Salford City v Chesterfield
18.Rochdale or Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle
19.Ipswich Town or Oldham Athletic v Barrow
20.Portsmouth v Harrogate Town

Up the U's

Number 15 will play on 23:03 - Nov 8 with 752 viewsdurham_exile

Number 15 will play on 22:38 - Nov 8 by wessex_exile

Very tough draw if it's Wigan, and no certainty even if Solihull Moors win their replay, but it's at home at least. Thank goodness our home form is....oh, hang on....

Wessex - I think Wigan are in for a battle at Solihull.

Agree a tough draw but there is no reason why we cant win the game.

Wigan are focusing on the league anyway.

Sadly unlikely to be televised though which is a shame, the extra cash would have come in handy.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 15 will play on 23:10 - Nov 8 with 746 viewswessex_exile

Number 15 will play on 23:03 - Nov 8 by durham_exile

Sadly unlikely to be televised though which is a shame, the extra cash would have come in handy.

Up the U's

I agree two-fold Durham - replay is Tuesday 16th November as things stand, and Wigan's focus will definitely be on the league, but whichever team gets through, not likely to be a TV match either way. I suspect Boreham Wood v St Albans City will probably feature, not just for the local derby element, but a guaranteed non-league side in the 3rd round draw.

Up the U's

Number 15 will play on 07:16 - Nov 9 with 705 viewsnoah4x4

ITV will want to sell break bumper advertising. So, it won't want a fixture between two non-league sides (who????). It will want a potential giant killing to attract a greater audience. BBC won't want to unnecessarily spend money at a venue where an outside broadcast might be more challenging. Hence, I reckon Wigan (top ranked side) or Solihull Moors (banana skin) versus the U's (at Jobserve) is highly likely to be televised, as irrespective of the outcome of the replay, it will be David v Goliath in round two. The only question is, who will be the Goliath?
Number 15 will play on 14:56 - Nov 9 with 624 viewsburnsieespana

Would have thought at this stage unlikely for us to be on the tv in consecutive rounds but we could certainly do with the money for the January transfer pot!
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 14:58]
Number 15 will play on 15:34 - Nov 9 with 605 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Number 15 will play on 07:16 - Nov 9 by noah4x4

ITV will want to sell break bumper advertising. So, it won't want a fixture between two non-league sides (who????). It will want a potential giant killing to attract a greater audience. BBC won't want to unnecessarily spend money at a venue where an outside broadcast might be more challenging. Hence, I reckon Wigan (top ranked side) or Solihull Moors (banana skin) versus the U's (at Jobserve) is highly likely to be televised, as irrespective of the outcome of the replay, it will be David v Goliath in round two. The only question is, who will be the Goliath?

I will be staggered if we're on TV in the next round. Sadly this match will probably create little interest amongst the fans of the clubs involved let alone the neutral.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Number 15 will play on 15:43 - Nov 9 with 600 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Number 15 will play on 23:03 - Nov 8 by durham_exile

Up the U's

You reckon? Wigan are a couple of wins against a non-league side and a struggling League Two side from a potential money spinning 3rd round tie against one of the biggest clubs in the world. They're not far from Wigan either. I think Wigan will be taking the FA Cup even more seriously than they were before now.

Number 15 will play on 16:08 - Nov 9 with 596 viewsdurham_exile

Number 15 will play on 15:43 - Nov 9 by RSCOSWORTH

You reckon? Wigan are a couple of wins against a non-league side and a struggling League Two side from a potential money spinning 3rd round tie against one of the biggest clubs in the world. They're not far from Wigan either. I think Wigan will be taking the FA Cup even more seriously than they were before now.

In truth Solihull could have won at the weekend.

I stand by my belief that Wigan want Championship football more than a short lived cup run

Don't be surprised if we play Solihull in the second round

Durham_exile

Number 15 will play on 16:27 - Nov 9 with 588 viewsMoor_Pinot

Number 15 will play on 16:08 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

In truth Solihull could have won at the weekend.

I stand by my belief that Wigan want Championship football more than a short lived cup run

Don't be surprised if we play Solihull in the second round

And nice for folks that we are at home Durham. Don't mind if it's Solihull or Wigan myself. That'll be an interesting replay as you say.

I was interested in McCoulsky scoring from the centre forward position on debut. How long since the last one we had scored on debut - my older brain won't recall but altho' twas step 4 opposition he put himself about and was in the right place to score. You don't see Sears in that centre spot role, he prefers the ball at his feet and to use pace to get shots in. Tovide has played too little for me to see if he's a CF. Big Frank, like him though I always have, has added little since his return and I suspect he's slowly sliding into the National league. Jasper and Dobra are different kinds of forward as their goals prove so my point is that altho' I've only twenty or so minutes to go on could McCoulsky be a centre forward that so many on here have been seeking?

Time will tell and as usual I know nothing but good luck to the lad if he gets a chance tonight.

I agree that Mr Mullins may slowly be creating his XI around the younger players we had and now have, rather than the strange summer procurements from East Anglia who have largely underwhelmed with the recent exception of Sears who I am pleased to say may now be proving me wrong. Fair enough and may he go on and get another dozen goals. We will need to win more games to reach the mid table safety which feels rather fragile right now.

Tonight is a good chance to make more progress without quite the same pressure as against Scunthorpe and Sudbury.

Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Number 15 will play on 18:02 - Nov 9 with 555 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Number 15 will play on 16:27 - Nov 9 by Moor_Pinot

And nice for folks that we are at home Durham. Don't mind if it's Solihull or Wigan myself. That'll be an interesting replay as you say.

I was interested in McCoulsky scoring from the centre forward position on debut. How long since the last one we had scored on debut - my older brain won't recall but altho' twas step 4 opposition he put himself about and was in the right place to score. You don't see Sears in that centre spot role, he prefers the ball at his feet and to use pace to get shots in. Tovide has played too little for me to see if he's a CF. Big Frank, like him though I always have, has added little since his return and I suspect he's slowly sliding into the National league. Jasper and Dobra are different kinds of forward as their goals prove so my point is that altho' I've only twenty or so minutes to go on could McCoulsky be a centre forward that so many on here have been seeking?

Time will tell and as usual I know nothing but good luck to the lad if he gets a chance tonight.

I agree that Mr Mullins may slowly be creating his XI around the younger players we had and now have, rather than the strange summer procurements from East Anglia who have largely underwhelmed with the recent exception of Sears who I am pleased to say may now be proving me wrong. Fair enough and may he go on and get another dozen goals. We will need to win more games to reach the mid table safety which feels rather fragile right now.

Tonight is a good chance to make more progress without quite the same pressure as against Scunthorpe and Sudbury.

Up the U's

I think Ibehre scored on his debut.

Number 15 will play on 18:17 - Nov 9 with 553 viewsdurham_exile

Number 15 will play on 16:27 - Nov 9 by Moor_Pinot

Up the U's

Pinault - I too was intrigued by McCoulsky's arrival and goal (made by Luke Hannant incidentally!).

Expect Sears to start tonight simply because of his history but McCoulsky to get some minutes late on.

When Sears arrived he was not match fit and it has taken a while but he is finding his feet. His best game without doubt was Barrow away but he showed some intelligent touches on Friday evening.

Similarly Hannant has only just now shaken off the COVID malaise and we can hope that he too shows improved form for the rest of the season.

A win tonight will be three in a row and that is a rare occasion for the U's so let us hope that Cook comes unstuck against the U's this evening.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 15 will play on 18:39 - Nov 9 with 547 viewsMoor_Pinot

Number 15 will play on 18:17 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Pinault - I too was intrigued by McCoulsky's arrival and goal (made by Luke Hannant incidentally!).

Expect Sears to start tonight simply because of his history but McCoulsky to get some minutes late on.

When Sears arrived he was not match fit and it has taken a while but he is finding his feet. His best game without doubt was Barrow away but he showed some intelligent touches on Friday evening.

Similarly Hannant has only just now shaken off the COVID malaise and we can hope that he too shows improved form for the rest of the season.

A win tonight will be three in a row and that is a rare occasion for the U's so let us hope that Cook comes unstuck against the U's this evening.

Up the U's

Gosh, yes 3 in a row would be almost too good to imagine Durham. I will be particularly interested in the selection tonight, suspect no Jasper or Clampin and would prefer Daniels to Coxe who is awful. No first touch, no finesse and a fouling machine! Would like to see more of Cooper and Kennedy?

Moor Pinot

Number 15 will play on 19:18 - Nov 9 with 535 viewsGOSBTS

Number 15 will play on 22:43 - Nov 8 by wessex_exile

Pending replays, full draw at the moment is:
1.Yeovil Town v MK Dons or Stevenage
2.Oxford United or Bristol Rovers v Sutton United
3.Burton Albion v Port Vale
4.Buxton v Morecambe
5.Lincoln City v Hartlepool United or Wycombe Wanderers
6.AFC Wimbledon v Cheltenham Town or Gillingham
7.Colchester United v Wigan Athletic or Solihull Moors
8.Leyton Orient v Tranmere Rovers
9.Northampton Town or Cambridge United v Bradford City or Exeter City
10.Doncaster Rovers v Mansfield Town
11.Walsall v Swindon Town
12.Rotherham United v Bolton Wanderers or Stockport County
13.Gateshead or Altrincham v Charlton Athletic
14.Boreham Wood v St Albans City
15.Kidderminster Harriers v FC Halifax Town
16.Carlisle United v Shrewsbury Town
17.Salford City v Chesterfield
18.Rochdale or Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle
19.Ipswich Town or Oldham Athletic v Barrow
20.Portsmouth v Harrogate Town

Gateshead/Altrincam v Charlton and Buxton v Morecambe surely the TV picks, as well as Boreham Wood v St Albans.

However, I’m quite tempted by our tie against Wigan (presumably). Could be my first game of the season.
Number 15 will play on 10:44 - Nov 11 with 443 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Number 15 will play on 19:18 - Nov 9 by GOSBTS

Gateshead/Altrincam v Charlton and Buxton v Morecambe surely the TV picks, as well as Boreham Wood v St Albans.

However, I’m quite tempted by our tie against Wigan (presumably). Could be my first game of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59247139

You were right! Plus three other matches.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2021 10:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024