Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inappropriate messages Overmars 15:01 - Feb 7 with 2055 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Marc overmars.

Marc Overmars has left his role as director of football affairs at Ajax after the Dutch club said he sent a "series of inappropriate messages to several female colleagues".

An Ajax statement said the former Arsenal and Barcelona winger would leave "with immediate effect".

The 48-year-old had been in the role since 2012 and had recently signed a contract extension until June 2026.

Overmars said he was "ashamed" and that his behaviour was "unacceptable".

"Last week I was confronted with reports about my behaviour and how this has come across to others," Overmars told Ajax's website.

"Unfortunately I didn't realise that I was crossing the line with this but that was made clear to me in recent days. I apologise.

"Certainly for someone in my position this behaviour is unacceptable. I now see that but it is too late. I see no other option but to leave Ajax."

Overmars made more than 130 appearances for Ajax between 1992 and 1997 and won three league titles, the Dutch cup and the Champions League before joining Arsenal in 1997, where he won the double with the Gunners.

He spent 10 years as director of football affairs at Ajax with supervisory board chairman Leen Meijaard describing Overmars as "the best football director Ajax has had".

"This is a dramatic situation for everyone involved," Meijaard added.

"It is devastating for the women who have had to deal with this behaviour. When we heard the news, we immediately acted.

"He has really gone over the line and continuing as director was not an option, as he recognised himself. It is extremely painful for everyone."

Former team-mate and Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar added that he found the situation "appalling for everyone".

"I feel responsible to help colleagues," he said.

"A safe sport and working climate is very important. We will pay more attention to this in the future.

"Marc and I have been playing together since the early 1990s and we have been colleagues for almost 10 years now. That has now come to a very abrupt end."

Ajax are top of the Eredivisie after 21 games.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Inappropriate messages Overmars on 16:36 - Feb 7 with 1954 viewspencoedjack

Will be in a job in England by the end of the season.

Been touted as having a similar position at both Arsenal & Newcastle in recent months.
Inappropriate messages Overmars on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 1863 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I started a similar thread that seems to have disappeared. What is it with these blokes who think they can do this sort of thing?
Inappropriate messages Overmars on 20:18 - Feb 7 with 1827 viewsbuilthjack

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 19:35 - Feb 7 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I started a similar thread that seems to have disappeared. What is it with these blokes who think they can do this sort of thing?

Keith shouldn't make posts disappear

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 21:24 - Feb 7 with 1794 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 16:36 - Feb 7 by pencoedjack

Will be in a job in England by the end of the season.

Been touted as having a similar position at both Arsenal & Newcastle in recent months.

I very much doubt it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 23:10 - Feb 7 with 1746 viewsKeithHaynes

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 19:35 - Feb 7 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It’s the same thread mate.
Just a change of terminology 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 10:09 - Feb 8 with 1659 viewsGixerJack

I now have a morbid curiosity over what he sent
Inappropriate messages Overmars on 14:25 - Feb 8 with 1591 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 10:09 - Feb 8 by GixerJack

I now have a morbid curiosity over what he sent

I think I called him a sex pest.
Inappropriate messages Overmars on 14:42 - Feb 8 with 1585 viewsGixerJack

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 14:25 - Feb 8 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I think I called him a sex pest.

By Overmars, not you…

I’ve already seen some of the really interesting thoughts you share 🤣😂🤣
Login to get fewer ads

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 14:49 - Feb 8 with 1576 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Inappropriate messages Overmars on 14:42 - Feb 8 by GixerJack

By Overmars, not you…

I’ve already seen some of the really interesting thoughts you share 🤣😂🤣

I suppose you think offering to sell my poop in a jar to strangers online for a legitimate medical procedure (endorsed by professor himself) makes me some kind of weirdo?

Well you can have a jar for the special one off price of only 25 pounds.
Inappropriate messages Overmars on 17:50 - Feb 8 with 1523 viewsblackpooljack

He probably asked them if they took it up the sh** er, women these days are so sensitive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024