Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Wallis MP 15:51 - Mar 30 with 4569 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Tory MP Jamie Wallis has become the first openly trans MP and spoke about going through a rape ordeal where he/she/they met a bloke on the internet who refused to agree to Wallis’s wishes for him to wear a condom and carried on anyway.

Anyway I wish him luck with his/her/their transition and I hope he/she/they get justice on his/her/their rapist.

Now this isn’t a comment on this horrific alleged incident or MP in question but a general purveyance to stimulate a debate. Do you think it’s appropriate or sensible for people in positions such as Members of Parliament to be meeting random people from the internet for dating or sex?

Now I’m an old romantic who believes there should be more love and fun in the world and I know that online dating is generally the way things are done these days. And as consenting adults we should be free to meet and shag other consenting adults as and how and when we wish, there’s nothing wrong with that. But is there a security risk for these types of professions? Should they take more care about who they meet? You’re opening yourself up for blackmail and all sorts.

Off you go.

Jamie Wallis MP on 16:18 - Mar 30 with 2700 viewsLohengrin

Well, he/she/armchair/TV remote control/OS map of the Cairngorms or whatever else these oddballs wish to be identified as was being blackmailed, so that pretty much answers your question.

I swear to God I don’t know what it is we’ve done to deserve this collection of misfits at Westminster, I really don’t? You’d have to have the imagination of Hieronymus Bosch to come up with the picture we’re presented with!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jamie Wallis MP on 16:42 - Mar 30 with 2677 viewsonehunglow

Great topic .Interesting

I shall be honest,as I usually am. I am very uncomfortable about people who seek to change their gender/sex. It simply doesn't fit right. No pun intended.

I feel for people today as the net is full of inadequate individuals unable to interact in person and form a relationship based on what attracts people. I ve been married twice ;the first was a huge mistake granted but she was a beautiful girl and we were attracted . Sex was inevitable . When it feels right,it normally is. Right for both that is. HAVING SAID THAT,there are those who regret it after the event and there's the rub.

I married again and have been with her for 44 years and it was lust at first sight . We we like a pair of rabbits from the off . We wanted each other badly. We still do.

Thinking back of my days at the Rank makes me tremble though.

Not sure if this is on topic but it's how I feel about relationships and sex.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jamie Wallis MP on 16:52 - Mar 30 with 2676 viewsLorax

I accept that some people are born into the wrong body it's just that previously we weren't capable of transforming them.
We have a close up personal view of this as one of our friends has a 13 year old son who has just started the process, taking the drugs, wearing the dress to school, not at all an easy thing for a young person to go through. Thing is, looking back, the kid was always very feminine. She was a boy all through primary but since starting Comp has come to the conclusion they are in the wrong gendered body.
We don't see much of them at all anymore but we'll support the process and go along with the wishes, call them by their new, girls name and hope that in the end, this is all the right thing.
My only issue with it is, there are a lot of kids going down this route and in some cases, it seems to me, parent/s are pushing them that way. A colleague of my wifes has said she thinks her 3 year old should be a boy because she likes boys toys, the proper checks have to be done, the process needs to be strict so we don't make terrible, irreversible mistakes.
Jamie Wallis MP on 17:04 - Mar 30 with 2664 viewsonehunglow

Jamie Wallis MP on 16:52 - Mar 30 by Lorax

I accept that some people are born into the wrong body it's just that previously we weren't capable of transforming them.
We have a close up personal view of this as one of our friends has a 13 year old son who has just started the process, taking the drugs, wearing the dress to school, not at all an easy thing for a young person to go through. Thing is, looking back, the kid was always very feminine. She was a boy all through primary but since starting Comp has come to the conclusion they are in the wrong gendered body.
We don't see much of them at all anymore but we'll support the process and go along with the wishes, call them by their new, girls name and hope that in the end, this is all the right thing.
My only issue with it is, there are a lot of kids going down this route and in some cases, it seems to me, parent/s are pushing them that way. A colleague of my wifes has said she thinks her 3 year old should be a boy because she likes boys toys, the proper checks have to be done, the process needs to be strict so we don't make terrible, irreversible mistakes.

Very good post.
It is also possible for young people to go through "phases". Changing gender is permanent .

It does make you think though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:12 - Mar 30 with 2609 viewsSirjohnalot

I feel so sorry for this MP, I cannot imagine how horrible is must be to know that you are born into the wrong body, knowing everyday that you are not who you think you are. I would imagine, it is difficult enough to come out as being gay but to tell people that are you the wrong gender must be horrific.

Re the meeting random people, MPs are probably the same as the rest of us, they want love, affection, etc, Jamie may have been daft to go about it they way that it happened but it could quite easily have been the same having met a bloke in a club or pub. Jamie was raped, cases I've dealt with are always horrendous.

Really hope that Jamie gets the support needed and I have a lot of time for the bravery shown.
Jamie Wallis MP on 19:32 - Mar 30 with 2592 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:12 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

I feel so sorry for this MP, I cannot imagine how horrible is must be to know that you are born into the wrong body, knowing everyday that you are not who you think you are. I would imagine, it is difficult enough to come out as being gay but to tell people that are you the wrong gender must be horrific.

Re the meeting random people, MPs are probably the same as the rest of us, they want love, affection, etc, Jamie may have been daft to go about it they way that it happened but it could quite easily have been the same having met a bloke in a club or pub. Jamie was raped, cases I've dealt with are always horrendous.

Really hope that Jamie gets the support needed and I have a lot of time for the bravery shown.

Yes that’s kind of how I feel. But I do sort of think that MPs or others in the public eye should exercise extra caution. The online dating game can be dangerous enough for ordinary folk with all the cat fishing and dick pics and that German that wanted to cook me.

Even in day to day life these days as an MP anyone you meet could be an oddball activist that wants nothing more than to bring you to ruin or get a salacious story at best or wants to physically hurt you or kill you at worst.
Jamie Wallis MP on 19:33 - Mar 30 with 2590 views73__73

What has happened to the virtue of stoicism ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:36 - Mar 30 with 2584 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 16:18 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

Well, he/she/armchair/TV remote control/OS map of the Cairngorms or whatever else these oddballs wish to be identified as was being blackmailed, so that pretty much answers your question.

I swear to God I don’t know what it is we’ve done to deserve this collection of misfits at Westminster, I really don’t? You’d have to have the imagination of Hieronymus Bosch to come up with the picture we’re presented with!

The end times are upon us
Being in a position where you can be blackmailed, surely is a huge issue by being an mp.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 19:47]

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:39 - Mar 30 with 2577 viewsSirjohnalot

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:36 - Mar 30 by 73__73

The end times are upon us
Being in a position where you can be blackmailed, surely is a huge issue by being an mp.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 19:47]

I really despair reading some of the horrible posts on this thread. People wonder why Pride is still a thing.
Jamie Wallis MP on 19:41 - Mar 30 with 2573 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:39 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

I really despair reading some of the horrible posts on this thread. People wonder why Pride is still a thing.

I wish the mp all the best. I have nothing against him.

Jamie Wallis MP on 19:51 - Mar 30 with 2553 views73__73

Whether this mp is gay is not the issue, it’s the fact that he has left himself open to the possibility of him being blackmailed.

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 2520 viewsScotia

I'd rather a blackmailed, transgender MP who occasionally "hooks up" with someone for casual sex represent me than someone who takes sleazy money or goes to a party when the rest of the country is in lockdown.
Jamie Wallis MP on 20:44 - Mar 30 with 2500 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:33 - Mar 30 by Scotia

I'd rather a blackmailed, transgender MP who occasionally "hooks up" with someone for casual sex represent me than someone who takes sleazy money or goes to a party when the rest of the country is in lockdown.

This your idea of a good MP then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51157838

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:49 - Mar 30 with 2495 viewsLohengrin

You’ve been living away too long ,John. Aside from him having tickled your Liberal fancy you’ve not heard of him before, have you? Plenty around here have.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-51121235

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:50 - Mar 30 with 2494 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:33 - Mar 30 by Scotia

You obviously have no idea how damaging a blackmailed mp could be

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:53 - Mar 30 with 2490 viewsScotia

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:50 - Mar 30 by 73__73

You obviously have no idea how damaging a blackmailed mp could be

An MP could be blackmailed for attending an illegal party or accepting a bung.

James Wallis is a victim. Owen Patterson and the lockdown party goers aren't.
Jamie Wallis MP on 20:54 - Mar 30 with 2486 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:53 - Mar 30 by Scotia

An MP could be blackmailed for attending an illegal party or accepting a bung.

James Wallis is a victim. Owen Patterson and the lockdown party goers aren't.

So you don’t mind your mp is blackmailed

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:07 - Mar 30 with 2466 viewsSirjohnalot

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:49 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

You’ve been living away too long ,John. Aside from him having tickled your Liberal fancy you’ve not heard of him before, have you? Plenty around here have.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-51121235

My comments were regarding the MP as a person and the personal battles that s/he is trying to overcome. I would say the same about any member in Parliament.
You know nothing about my politics, liberal or not. I just believe people should be allowed to live how they like within the law without being labelled with disgusting insults.
Jamie Wallis MP on 21:08 - Mar 30 with 2466 viewsScotia

Jamie Wallis MP on 20:54 - Mar 30 by 73__73

So you don’t mind your mp is blackmailed

I suppose that's why he's come out. It's a shame he has to keep such a secret in 2022.

I'd rather a lgbtq+ MP than one who breaks the law.

Jamie Wallis has a chequered past for other reasons that affect his suitability to be an MP more than his sexual orientation.
Jamie Wallis MP on 21:21 - Mar 30 with 2437 views73__73

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:08 - Mar 30 by Scotia

I suppose that's why he's come out. It's a shame he has to keep such a secret in 2022.

I'd rather a lgbtq+ MP than one who breaks the law.

Jamie Wallis has a chequered past for other reasons that affect his suitability to be an MP more than his sexual orientation.

One being he hasn’t been honest with his constituents.
Nothing to do with his sexuality.

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:22 - Mar 30 with 2435 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:07 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

My comments were regarding the MP as a person and the personal battles that s/he is trying to overcome. I would say the same about any member in Parliament.
You know nothing about my politics, liberal or not. I just believe people should be allowed to live how they like within the law without being labelled with disgusting insults.

What about ‘Pimp.’ That a “disgusting insult” or a fair description?

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:26 - Mar 30 with 2430 viewsSirjohnalot

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:22 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

What about ‘Pimp.’ That a “disgusting insult” or a fair description?

Your words ‘oddball’ and ‘misfit’ didn’t do you justice. You commented directly re the story which discussed his sexual orientation and the fact that he’s a victim of rape.
Jamie Wallis MP on 21:28 - Mar 30 with 2419 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:26 - Mar 30 by Sirjohnalot

Your words ‘oddball’ and ‘misfit’ didn’t do you justice. You commented directly re the story which discussed his sexual orientation and the fact that he’s a victim of rape.

But I know him. Those descriptions are entirely accurate.

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:40 - Mar 30 with 2389 viewsFlashberryjack

Just a thought, if he changes from a man into a woman, would there be a by election ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:42 - Mar 30 with 2388 viewsLohengrin

Jamie Wallis MP on 21:40 - Mar 30 by Flashberryjack

Just a thought, if he changes from a man into a woman, would there be a by election ?

Good question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024