Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 12:42 - Apr 3 with 15403 viewsNotLoyal

Play off chasers Millwall will be looking to return to winning ways in the Championship when they welcome Swansea City to the English capital on Tuesday night. The home side are currently 10th in the table, four points behind sixth-placed Blackburn Rovers, while Swansea, who thrashed Cardiff City on Saturday, occupy 16th position, 11 points off the playoffs.

MILLWALL
Millwall won five straight Championship matches between February 12 and March 5 to place themselves firmly in contention for a playoff spot, but they have only picked up maximum points from their last five games. Since beating Huddersfield Town 2-0 in the middle of March, they have lost to Stoke City and drawn with Luton Town, which has seen them drop into 10th spot in the table, four points behind sixth-placed Blackburn. The Lions now have back-to-back home matches against Swansea and Barnsley before a trip to Preston North End on April 15, and it will be fascinating to see where the capital outfit are in the table heading into their home clash with Hull City on April 18.

Millwall have never played in the Premier League, so it would be some achievement if they earned promotion to the top flight, but they have a lot of work to do to reach the top six, with Huddersfield, Luton Town, Middlesbrough and Blackburn currently the four teams in the playoffs.

SWANSEA CITY
Russell Martin's side have picked up seven points from their last three matches against Peterborough United, Birmingham City and Cardiff during a strong run, but a disappointing campaign overall has left them down in 16th spot in the table, boasting 51 points from 38 matches.The Swans are 11 points behind sixth-placed Blackburn with two matches in hand; the team can still mathematically finish in the playoffs, but it is incredibly unlikely due to the amount of sides above them. Swansea have been missing from the Premier League since the 2017-18 campaign, losing in the Championship playoffs in each of the last two seasons, and they are set for a fourth straight season in the second tier of English football, but the supporters will have been encouraged by the team's recent performances.

The matchday referee Andrew Davies has handed out an astonishing 81 cards in 28 games this season.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57478/manning-returns-an

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57479/in-form-millwall-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57483/millwall-v-swansea

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:43 - Apr 3 with 4201 viewsonehunglow

Everyone must hope Millwall never darken the Premier League

What a fixture to build upon.

Cardiff now the Doggers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:19 - Apr 3 with 4123 viewsSTID2017

Difficult game ( aren't they all ) but after yesterday we should be bouncing.
A win at the New Den would be fantastic and is doable.
2 - 0 to Swans is my prediction

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:39 - Apr 3 with 4113 viewsFireboy2

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:19 - Apr 3 by STID2017

Difficult game ( aren't they all ) but after yesterday we should be bouncing.
A win at the New Den would be fantastic and is doable.
2 - 0 to Swans is my prediction

And we should have ntcham and manning back.
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:42 - Apr 3 with 4109 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:39 - Apr 3 by Fireboy2

And we should have ntcham and manning back.

Good to have a stronger bench against Millwall

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:46 - Apr 3 with 4107 viewsraynor94

Happy hunting ground for us over the last few seasons

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:52 - Apr 3 with 4096 viewsFireboy2

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:42 - Apr 3 by STID2017

Good to have a stronger bench against Millwall

Yesterday's bench was a worry, having those two back will present problems for RM.

Lati deserves to keep his place along with every other starter so I'd keep the starting 11, manning and ntcham both should be in the squad but who do you drop from yesterday's squad?
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:54 - Apr 3 with 4092 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:46 - Apr 3 by raynor94

Happy hunting ground for us over the last few seasons

Was there for the late win under Potter after a player was sent off just after it started.
Good visit.
More of the same please ( except for the sending off, obviously)

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:01 - Apr 3 with 4088 viewspencoedjack

Tough game I’d take a point but hope we can carry on from where we left off Saturday.

1 2 Swans.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:02 - Apr 3 with 4088 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:52 - Apr 3 by Fireboy2

Yesterday's bench was a worry, having those two back will present problems for RM.

Lati deserves to keep his place along with every other starter so I'd keep the starting 11, manning and ntcham both should be in the squad but who do you drop from yesterday's squad?

No change for me , it looked like everything clicked yesterday and with the players ratings so high why change , unless of course forced through injury

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:40 - Apr 3 with 4060 viewsNotLoyal

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:01 - Apr 3 by pencoedjack

Tough game I’d take a point but hope we can carry on from where we left off Saturday.

1 2 Swans.

That would be spot on. You going to Nottingham .

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:43 - Apr 4 with 3948 viewsJohnw102

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:54 - Apr 3 by STID2017

Was there for the late win under Potter after a player was sent off just after it started.
Good visit.
More of the same please ( except for the sending off, obviously)

Also there was in London going tp catch Eurostar next day, wife was going shopping so took a chance and turned up on the day and blagged my way in. Montero came on and had one of his good days, great strike by KN26 and late goal by O.McB. Great start to short holiday break.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:28 - Apr 4 with 3922 viewsbuilthjack

Come on the Swans. Another 3 points please.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 3910 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:28 - Apr 4 by builthjack

Come on the Swans. Another 3 points please.

Now this really is a game to build upon good work done Saturday.
A not that friendly crowd of chaps who don't seem that welcoming .

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 3829 viewsChief

The boys were out on Wind Street after the game which isn't ideal preparation for a Tuesday away game that's a fair trip.

So probably lose by a few, but don't care really.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:00 - Apr 4 with 3816 viewsKeithHaynes

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:49 - Apr 4 by Chief

The boys were out on Wind Street after the game which isn't ideal preparation for a Tuesday away game that's a fair trip.

So probably lose by a few, but don't care really.

Sunday day off, in today debrief and lucozade 👍

London later today or I’ve hear it could now be tomorrow.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:43 - Apr 4 with 3780 viewsSirjohnalot

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:00 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

Sunday day off, in today debrief and lucozade 👍

London later today or I’ve hear it could now be tomorrow.

As long as they all weren't absolutely, smashed, having a few beers as a team after thrashing Cardiff will be great team building. They're young, plenty of time to recover, can't see a problem there
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:20 - Apr 4 with 3751 viewsChief

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:43 - Apr 4 by Sirjohnalot

As long as they all weren't absolutely, smashed, having a few beers as a team after thrashing Cardiff will be great team building. They're young, plenty of time to recover, can't see a problem there

No problem, just don't see us winning an already tough game against this backdrop.

Not that it really matters. I'll excuse them this one.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:50 - Apr 4 with 3637 views73__73

0-2 👍

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:54 - Apr 4 with 3638 viewsbuilthjack

Gala?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:57 - Apr 4 with 3570 viewsonehunglow

is this on the red button.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:33 - Apr 4 with 3539 views73__73

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:20 - Apr 4 by Chief

No problem, just don't see us winning an already tough game against this backdrop.

Not that it really matters. I'll excuse them this one.

Deja vu. I heard the same cr@p all last week in regards to the Cardiff game.

Tomorrow we play Millwall, not Real Madrid. No reason at all why we can’t win up there.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:55 - Apr 4 with 3494 viewsThrasher6

We are pretty inconsistent and we've been here before many times this season, when we have not shown up....when it seems we are building momentum. So I'm simplying not confident of anything tbh. Too much has gone on over the last few days...I fear the worst.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:18 - Apr 4 with 3481 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:57 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

is this on the red button.

Dont know
I'll be in Sweden tomorrow night for a few hours.
May take my firestick with me

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 06:40 - Apr 5 with 3421 viewsbuilthjack

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 23:18 - Apr 4 by STID2017

Dont know
I'll be in Sweden tomorrow night for a few hours.
May take my firestick with me

Do Ikea have TV's ?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:04 - Apr 5 with 3378 viewsSTID2017

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 06:40 - Apr 5 by builthjack

Do Ikea have TV's ?

Yes. It is self assembly.
Bitch of a job as the instructions are in Swedish

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024