Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland back.Great stuff 16:59 - May 21 with 3704 viewsonehunglow

A club that been the the mill but fans stay loyal and passionate
Make no mistake ,this club is a proper club.
Great weekend up there as they're proper football people

Haway the lads ,indeed.

A word about Gareth Ainsworth;class act

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 23:22 - May 27 with 725 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 22:08 - May 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

From a selfish point of view we need less big clubs like Sunderland in this league and more Peterborough’s, Burton Albions, Cardiffs and Wycombes.

Cardiff ?
They are bigger than Barcelona mun !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 07:20 - May 28 with 662 views1983

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:37 - May 27 by RokerRover

Black Cat fan here and its nice to see so many positive messages re our return to the Championship.

I have one beef with most of the posters though. Why do people think 'oh great Sunderland away, lets stay in Newcastle?

Whenever I have been to Swansea (3 times) we have always stayed in Swansea for the full day and night. We would not go to Cardiff because we are not playing Cardiff.

Sunderland on a matchday is actually a very good day and night out and has some excellent pubs and is well worth a visit in its own right. Please at least give it a chance before buggering off to the Bigg Market like most fans who come up here. You might get a very pleasant surprise.

I suspect it irritates some of your lot when away fans stay in Cardiff after a match, so why do it yourselves?

I will come on and give a full list of pubs etc before the game :)

PS - I am not having a dig at Newcastle here either. Its a great City and I was born there and live on Tyneside. Its just that the North East has plenty more to offer on top.

Was seeing a girl from Sunderland ( Fulwell ) for a short while in the early 1990's loved the place and got friendly with one of the Seaburn Casuals I even went to a game with him at Roker Park I think it was against Brighton, Seaburn is a bit like our version of our Aberavon front they had a big fountain there and every weekend without fail it turned into a big bubble bath when local kids would put a few bottles of washing up liquid in there !

Up the road is South Shields now that place is different gravy what a rough old town we used to go to a club called Roxannes, one night we came out of this pub and a police van was sat in the pedestrian area under the metro bridge while about 10 men were rocking the hell out of it with a bit 4 coppers inside doing nothing as if it was the most normal thing ever.

If the game falls on a Saturday I will definitely go and stay in Sunderland and have a poke about to see how much it's changed
[Post edited 28 May 2022 9:07]

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:05 - May 28 with 640 views1983

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 17:37 - May 27 by RokerRover

Black Cat fan here and its nice to see so many positive messages re our return to the Championship.

I have one beef with most of the posters though. Why do people think 'oh great Sunderland away, lets stay in Newcastle?

Whenever I have been to Swansea (3 times) we have always stayed in Swansea for the full day and night. We would not go to Cardiff because we are not playing Cardiff.

Sunderland on a matchday is actually a very good day and night out and has some excellent pubs and is well worth a visit in its own right. Please at least give it a chance before buggering off to the Bigg Market like most fans who come up here. You might get a very pleasant surprise.

I suspect it irritates some of your lot when away fans stay in Cardiff after a match, so why do it yourselves?

I will come on and give a full list of pubs etc before the game :)

PS - I am not having a dig at Newcastle here either. Its a great City and I was born there and live on Tyneside. Its just that the North East has plenty more to offer on top.

I think the maybe whole staying in Newcastle is a logistics thing you have the airport, and a main line train station but mostly it being dubbed as a party town which basically is what you want on your football weekender bender plus some don't feel comfortable about staying in the same town / city your playing in then going out there in the night especially if your team has given them a good drumming. A group of us got caught out like that once when we played Shrewsbury away and stayed there the night by the early part of the night we were asked to leave a pub for no reason and then once outside we were being constantly followed around by the Police who in turn had got on to the pub watch and told every pub not to let us in.

As for staying in Cardiff via Swansea people would be drawn to Cardiff as it's the capital blah blah blah.... if that's what you really want great but when reading other forums a lot of fans do actually stay in Swansea and if they do their research they will find out as a football weekender bender Swansea is by far better than Cardiff on that score and actually the distance between Cardiff to Swansea compared to Newcastle to Sunderland is nearly 3 times as much so personally I don't football fans think Swansea oh lets stay in Cardiff.

Rugby 6 nations on the other hand Swansea doesn't even exist then

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 10:48 - May 28 with 602 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 09:05 - May 28 by 1983

I think the maybe whole staying in Newcastle is a logistics thing you have the airport, and a main line train station but mostly it being dubbed as a party town which basically is what you want on your football weekender bender plus some don't feel comfortable about staying in the same town / city your playing in then going out there in the night especially if your team has given them a good drumming. A group of us got caught out like that once when we played Shrewsbury away and stayed there the night by the early part of the night we were asked to leave a pub for no reason and then once outside we were being constantly followed around by the Police who in turn had got on to the pub watch and told every pub not to let us in.

As for staying in Cardiff via Swansea people would be drawn to Cardiff as it's the capital blah blah blah.... if that's what you really want great but when reading other forums a lot of fans do actually stay in Swansea and if they do their research they will find out as a football weekender bender Swansea is by far better than Cardiff on that score and actually the distance between Cardiff to Swansea compared to Newcastle to Sunderland is nearly 3 times as much so personally I don't football fans think Swansea oh lets stay in Cardiff.

Rugby 6 nations on the other hand Swansea doesn't even exist then

Actually, the very best place to stop overnight for Jacks would be around Barnard Castle .

For me,north of Newcastle city …

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 15:01 - May 28 with 563 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 23:22 - May 27 by STID2017

Cardiff ?
They are bigger than Barcelona mun !

They’re pretty much a guaranteed four points for us at least every season.
Sunderland back.Great stuff on 15:05 - May 28 with 561 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Sunderland back.Great stuff on 07:20 - May 28 by 1983

Was seeing a girl from Sunderland ( Fulwell ) for a short while in the early 1990's loved the place and got friendly with one of the Seaburn Casuals I even went to a game with him at Roker Park I think it was against Brighton, Seaburn is a bit like our version of our Aberavon front they had a big fountain there and every weekend without fail it turned into a big bubble bath when local kids would put a few bottles of washing up liquid in there !

Up the road is South Shields now that place is different gravy what a rough old town we used to go to a club called Roxannes, one night we came out of this pub and a police van was sat in the pedestrian area under the metro bridge while about 10 men were rocking the hell out of it with a bit 4 coppers inside doing nothing as if it was the most normal thing ever.

If the game falls on a Saturday I will definitely go and stay in Sunderland and have a poke about to see how much it's changed
[Post edited 28 May 2022 9:07]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024