Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Armstrong 22:15 - Aug 21 with 1794 viewsTVOS1907

Not Dale connected, but football followers of the 70s and 80s will clearly remember the balding pate of Middlesbrough and Southampton's David Armstrong, who has sadly died today, age 67.

He was a regular in my Panini sticker albums and often pops up on episodes of The Big Match Revisited these days, chugging through the Ayresome Park mud to score a crucial equaliser past someone like Peter Shilton.

Armstrong was an excellent player, who looked nothing like a footballer, and his passing today brings back memories of when I first started to get into the game.

Actually, though, there is a Dale connection, as Armstrong was unknowingly involved in a very famous EGP skit about our former Commercial Manager, Steve Walmsley, who insisted on getting himself on every team photo!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 22:16]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

David Armstrong on 22:37 - Aug 21 with 1719 viewsSuddenLad

Sad news is that. He was a cracking player who gave everything. A proper marauding footballer. I remember him more from his time at Southampton when Keegan was in the same team. They were a decent side then, later pushing Liverpool all the way to the title.

He'll also be mourned on Teesside, where he was a real hero.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024