Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow 21:35 - Jan 6 with 957 viewsdurham_exile

Unbeaten in 2023 the Super U’s head North to the affluent North Yorkshire town of Harrogate. The Sulphurites led by Simon Weaver are just ahead of the U’s in the table.

Harrogate 23 23
Crawley 24 22
COL U 24 20
Hartlepool 24 19
Rochdale 23 16
Gillingham 23 14

Tomorrow is all about another three points for the U’s and they should be boosted by a magnificent victory over Swindon, who subsequently sacked their manager.

A possible link up with Miles Welch-Hayes may be on the cards but otherwise we have to watch out for Jack Muldoon and Luke Armstrong who both know where the goal is.

The transfer window has seen the U’s conduct some business with the arrival of 26-year-old defender Connor Wood on loan from Orient, the signing of 23-year-old midfielder Arthur Read on a 2.5 year deal from Stevenage and the signing of 26-year-old defender Fiacre Kelleher from Bradford again on a 2.5 year deal.

But the potential signing that I am interested in is that of Danny Johnson currently on loan from Mansfield to Walsall until 15 January. After the initial furore things have gone quiet but it is his quality and knowledge of where the goal is that we should be pushing to sign.

Macca Bonne has just been released by QPR but as much as I would like to see him back at the JCS, I just can’t see it.

Anyway enough speculation, let us consider who MB is going to start tomorrow.

It seems at present that O’Hara gets the nod at Keeper with a now favoured back three of Chambers, Smith and Dallison. Whether either Wood or Kelleher would play instead is debatable.

Then the midfield looks strong at present. Tchamadeu, Skuse, Ashley and Kazeem look first choice and then revitalised Noah Chilvers and Luke Hannant play just behind Samson Tovide.

It was good to see Chay Cooper playing again against Saffron Walden in their 10-0 demolition of the non-league side.

The subs are Hornby, Marshall-Miranda, Jaydon Fevrier, Akinde, Newby, Read and Kelleher.

So the following in a 3,4,2,1 formation

O’Hara

Chambers Smith Dallison

Tchamadeu Skuse Ashley Kazeem

Chilvers Hannant

Tovide

Harrogate weather will be a mild 9 degrees Celsius with some light rain, occasional sunny intervals and some cloud.

We won 2-1 at Harrogate last season and that was my first visit to the stadium and it was wet that day in between sunny intervals. This week in Durham we have had lots of showers interspersed with cloud and strong winds at night.

Tomorrow I fancy the U’s to prevail in a five goal thriller 3-2. I would like to see some more minutes for Fevrier.

The January fixtures will definitely define our season with Rochdale, Gillingham, Salford and Hartlepool all to come.

Just over 50 miles to Harrogate for me tomorrow, safe journey to the travelling faithful and enjoy the game.

Three more points will go down a storm.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 08:26 - Jan 7 with 894 viewsdurham_exile

Weather update.

Currently very wet but due to ease before 12 noon.
This afternoon some sunny intervals but showery and cloudy. Breezy.

Safe journey to all travelling supporters.

Up the U's
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 8:27]

Durham_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 08:31 - Jan 7 with 886 viewsnoah4x4

Full CUSA coach about to depart. A strange optimism prevails, despite only one away victory all season and that at rock bottom Gillingham (which I missed).

Must remember to not depart the coach at the ground. Despite the large inviting signage “Bar”, there is no welcome there for away fans. The nearest away friendly pub is about half a mile away, right next to where the coach parks. Decent ale if I recall, Black Sheep brewery.

No doubt see you there Durham & Gerry.
MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 828 viewsdurham_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 08:31 - Jan 7 by noah4x4

Full CUSA coach about to depart. A strange optimism prevails, despite only one away victory all season and that at rock bottom Gillingham (which I missed).

Must remember to not depart the coach at the ground. Despite the large inviting signage “Bar”, there is no welcome there for away fans. The nearest away friendly pub is about half a mile away, right next to where the coach parks. Decent ale if I recall, Black Sheep brewery.

No doubt see you there Durham & Gerry.

Safe journey Noah

This year I have opted for standing because last year in the seats the rain soaked the first three or so rows!

I too am optimistic

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 14:31 - Jan 7 with 786 viewswessex_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 11:50 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

Safe journey Noah

This year I have opted for standing because last year in the seats the rain soaked the first three or so rows!

I too am optimistic

Up the U's

Your line-up is nearly spot on Durham, just Akinde for Hannant and according to the BBC Matt is playing two up front in a 3-4-1-2. All three newbies (plus Newby) on the bench.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 770 viewswessex_exile

AKINDE!!!!

1-0 to the U's

Up the U's

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 15:20 - Jan 7 with 765 viewswessex_exile

Crikey - Chilvers for our second - 2-0 to the U's!

Up the U's

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 15:55 - Jan 7 with 740 viewswessex_exile

Sounded like a good first half, with Harrogate clearly still in it despite the scoreline. Massive second half coming up.

Up the U's

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 16:27 - Jan 7 with 711 viewswessex_exile

Fantastic and selfless pass from Tovide gives Junior the easiest of tap-ins for 3-0 to the U's.

Come on U's!

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 16:39 - Jan 7 with 699 viewswessex_exile

Connor Wood on for his debut, replacing Kazeem, and Luke Hannant on for Chilvers.

Up the U's

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 16:43 - Jan 7 with 694 viewsWitham

In New York but looks like my bet for promotion is still on !!!
MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 16:47 - Jan 7 with 688 viewswessex_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 16:43 - Jan 7 by Witham

In New York but looks like my bet for promotion is still on !!!

Go for it Witham, champagne reception at Wembley for the play-off final?

Second newbie Arthur Read on for Skuse, and the actual Newby on for Tovide.

COME ON COL U!!!!

Up the U's

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 17:01 - Jan 7 with 674 viewswessex_exile

Finished 3-1 to the U's, and delighted for the travelling faithful to see another away win for the U's. Rochdale next - three out of three anyone?

Up the U's

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 17:14 - Jan 7 with 662 viewsburnsieespana

Good result.
Interesting stats as far as posession, shots, etc.
MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 17:23 - Jan 7 with 654 viewsnoah4x4

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 17:14 - Jan 7 by burnsieespana

Good result.
Interesting stats as far as posession, shots, etc.

Tactical excellence. We let them have a lot of the ball in non-dangerous areas, kept our shape and defended well. Tchamadeu goal from a Tovide assist was World class.

Disappointed with Harrogate FC. £7.50 for a cheeseburger (albeit good quality) and the only standing area was behind the goal at low level, from where the view was poor. League Two prices and dire facilities. Hope they go down and replaced by a better set-up.
MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 21:06 - Jan 7 with 597 viewsdurham_exile

MB looking for a good Chemical reaction against the Sulphurites tomorrow on 17:23 - Jan 7 by noah4x4

Tactical excellence. We let them have a lot of the ball in non-dangerous areas, kept our shape and defended well. Tchamadeu goal from a Tovide assist was World class.

Disappointed with Harrogate FC. £7.50 for a cheeseburger (albeit good quality) and the only standing area was behind the goal at low level, from where the view was poor. League Two prices and dire facilities. Hope they go down and replaced by a better set-up.

Noah good to see you and Gerry.

Totally agree with your assessment of our third goal which was magnificent.

Now what about this another 47 points from 21 games and a top seven finish.

Two up front makes all the difference.

Big John outstanding again.

Only moan MB took his foot off the gas at 3-0 when we were well placed for a 5-0 victory.

Up the U's

Drove to York for a celebratory meal afterwards.

Very satisfied with the result.

Yes I will be at Rochdale next week and Hartlepool at the end of the month.

Get in

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024