Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MB wins MOTM 08:07 - Feb 10 with 737 viewsdurham_exile

Matt Bloomfield has deservedly won the League Two Manager of the Month Award.

Congratulations Matt.

Keep up the great work.

Let's celebrate with another victory against Grimsby tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB wins MOTM on 08:09 - Feb 10 with 729 viewswessex_exile

Beat me to it Durham - great news and thoroughly deserved!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

MB wins MOTM on 08:45 - Feb 10 with 720 viewsnoah4x4

Deserved. All U's fans will applaud.

It is just sad it took too many seasons for Robbie Cowling to wake up and realise where Humes failed philosophies and internal managerial appointments were taking the club. At last, we have a platform from which we can build pride and success. However, I know dozens of former fans that have yet to be attracted back to the stadium. Recent attendances have been bolstered by new fans. Imagine where we might be if we can entice the old fans back?

Some further good news was announced yesterday....!

The 'Boulevard' walkway from Mill Road to the NAR is finally going to open in time for our next home Saturday fixture. It was due for completion in 2021 and has been complete for over a year, but remained closed while CBC was indecisive over the proposed St Mark's Community Centre (now postponed due to lack of funding) . This new route considerably shortens the walk to the Stadium from the eastern end of Highwoods/Myland districts. Folk no longer need to trudge along "Dog Shit Alley", a muddy public footpath only usable in daylight unless in wellingtons, nor weave our way through the winding Olympic Estate, albeit that still remains the shortest route to a bus stop (see next).

Work has also commenced on the Rapid Transit Route from the City Centre to the Park & Ride. Hopefully, this will encourage better public transport links to the Stadium and surrounding new housing estates. We lost dozens of fans when the shuttle buses were scrapped.

Let's just hope that all this positivity isn't tarnished by the typical Manager of the Month Curse. See you all tomorrow in Cleethorpes!
MB wins MOTM on 09:39 - Feb 10 with 697 viewsdurham_exile

MB wins MOTM on 08:45 - Feb 10 by noah4x4

Deserved. All U's fans will applaud.

It is just sad it took too many seasons for Robbie Cowling to wake up and realise where Humes failed philosophies and internal managerial appointments were taking the club. At last, we have a platform from which we can build pride and success. However, I know dozens of former fans that have yet to be attracted back to the stadium. Recent attendances have been bolstered by new fans. Imagine where we might be if we can entice the old fans back?

Some further good news was announced yesterday....!

The 'Boulevard' walkway from Mill Road to the NAR is finally going to open in time for our next home Saturday fixture. It was due for completion in 2021 and has been complete for over a year, but remained closed while CBC was indecisive over the proposed St Mark's Community Centre (now postponed due to lack of funding) . This new route considerably shortens the walk to the Stadium from the eastern end of Highwoods/Myland districts. Folk no longer need to trudge along "Dog Shit Alley", a muddy public footpath only usable in daylight unless in wellingtons, nor weave our way through the winding Olympic Estate, albeit that still remains the shortest route to a bus stop (see next).

Work has also commenced on the Rapid Transit Route from the City Centre to the Park & Ride. Hopefully, this will encourage better public transport links to the Stadium and surrounding new housing estates. We lost dozens of fans when the shuttle buses were scrapped.

Let's just hope that all this positivity isn't tarnished by the typical Manager of the Month Curse. See you all tomorrow in Cleethorpes!

Noah safe journey tomorrow.

Thank you for the update on pedestrian and public transport links to the stadium. It all sounds very positive.

Exiles like me appreciate such information because it hopefully will encourage more people back to the Stadium

Looking forward to meeting up with people tomorrow.
Gerry and I are eating at Papas before the game.

After years of Tuesday nights this will probably be the first time I've seen Grimsby and Cleethorpes in the daylight!

Another three points for the Super U's.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB wins MOTM on 07:33 - Feb 11 with 603 viewsGOSBTS

I'll be there two weeks today against Northampton for the first time seeing Bloomfield's U's in action. I'm excited!
MB wins MOTM on 19:23 - Feb 12 with 520 viewsghughes11

Is it time to bring out the old 'half/half' scarf of Colchester and the Wycsum - as long as they keep on winning they won't put their grubby hands in the direction of Bloomfield!

This is the nicest thing the Wycombe scum have ever done for us! Thank you and a 7th place finish for both them and us would do nicely thank you

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

MB wins MOTM on 16:16 - Feb 14 with 456 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Whilst it’s brilliant that Bloomfield was rewarded with the Manager of the Month award following our impressive upturn in form I feel it is careful not to get to far ahead of ourselves. In his time in charge he’s managed 28 points from 21 games (1.33 points per game), Wayne Brown, who took over at a similarly desperate time, gathered 33 points from the 22 games (1.5 points per game) he managed last season and that didn’t transfer into this season unfortunately. Bloomfield did not have a bad squad when he took over, in fact I think he had a very capable squad that was just underachieving massively. The squad has since been added to and is far stronger than it was at this time last year and only one loanee is regularly starting which bodes well for next season.

On Christmas Day we were second from bottom of the table with just 14 points from 21 matches played. Fast forward 10 games and we currently sit in 16th position on 34 points. No club has got more points than us since Christmas Day and only Carlisle have managed a better points per game return in that period. Looking at the current positions of the teams we’ve beaten during this time only Swindon are in the top 10 and the rest are all in the bottom eight.

Gillingham 1-0 (23rd)
Swindon 1-0 (10th)
Harrogate 3-1 (20th)
Rochdale 2-1 (24th)
Hartlepool 2-1 (22nd)
Grimsby 1-0 (17th)

Obviously it’s been really important for us to beat the teams around us and, aside from the home defeat to Gillingham, we’ve done a fantastic job and it’s put us in a position where we can start looking up the table rather than down. The points gained across the last seven weeks could prove invaluable with a few tricky matches ahead of us in February. How we get on against Walsall, Carlisle and Northampton will be a good benchmark of how far we’ve come and what we need to do in order to compete at the right end of this division.

Looking back at the start of this season, where we managed just four points from our opening six matches, and the current league positions of the teams we faced:

Northampton (4th)
Carlisle (3rd)
Stockport (7th)
Bradford (8th)
Leyton Orient (1st)
Tranmere (11th)

Given that five of the six are currently in the top eight and the other is in the top half it really was a very challenging start for a team who had occupied the lower end of the table for the last two seasons. Also, after Walsall this evening, these clubs make up our next six fixtures and we could really do with getting more than four points from them this time around.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024