Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the minimum number of points that will save Dale's League Two status? 13:32 - Feb 25 with 2372 views_Stefan_Kuntz

Crawley Town have a superior points-per-game ratio to Hartlepool United.
Therefor, based on Crawley Town's points-per-game ratio this is the calculation of the number of points that they will finish on :-
(26 / 29) * 46 = 41.24

Let's call that 42, a number that no doubt Douglas Adams would have approved of.
It is not likely that even if Dale reached 42 points they would make up the current goal difference margin of 10 between them and Crawley Town. So my expectation is that Dale need a final total of 43 points.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 13:38]
What is the minimum number of points that will save Dale's League Two status? on 14:06 - Feb 25 with 2302 viewsSunningDale

What about Gillingham? According to you they were nailed on to take one of the relegation spots a couple of weeks ago.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

What is the minimum number of points that will save Dale's League Two status? on 14:31 - Feb 25 with 2259 views_Stefan_Kuntz

Quite, when the facts change I change my mind. They are now gagging for it. At the time they had scored hardly any goals whatsoever.

I have seen estimates on here that 50 points are needed, 48, etc etc.
In 5 of the last 10 seasons 42 points were enough to finish 1 point clear of 23rd.
Over the last 10 seasons the average points total to finish 1 point clear of 23rd was 44.2.
Last season the Biffos finished 23rd on 38 points.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 14:43]
What is the minimum number of points that will save Dale's League Two status? on 14:53 - Feb 25 with 2198 views49thseason

So, 23 / 24 points from 13 games by a team that has 1 point from 6 on current form and all this assumes that Crawley , Hartlepool and Harrogate do not see any improvement in their form,which is currently averaging about 1 point per game. I have concluded that Gillingham will be comfortably out of sight by the end of the season. Ahh.... what it is to have money to spend....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024