Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers 21:09 - Apr 28 with 1184 viewsdurham_exile

8 games unbeaten now for the Super U’s and last week’s mauling of Sutton (thanks to Wessex - Sutton Who) confirmed our League Two status for next season.

However, BG has stated that there will be no experimentation and no taking the foot off the gas.

Now in recent years we have not fared too well at the Keepmoat (now Eco-Power) stadium. In fact, we had a better record at Belle Vue with a 0-0 draw in 2006 and that famous 1-0 win in 1998 both of which I attended. My last match at the Keepmoat was 2016 when we lost 1-0.

Danny Schofield’s team are struggling though and playing purely for pride at present.

We could possibly face Todd Miller ex Col U and currently on loan from Brighton. One of my favourite lower league strikers Kieran Agard is still at Donny and though 34 now will still be a handful. A win tomorrow will actually take us above Donny Rovers on goal difference.

Table:

Doncaster 44 52 -19
Walsall 44 51 -4
Crewe 43 51 -14
COL U 44 49 -4
Harrogate 44 48 -10
Wimbledon 44 47 -11
Crawley 44 45 -22
Hartlepool 44 39 -28
Rochdale 44 34 -27

When we won 2-1 at Hartlepool on 28 January the faithful sang “you’re going down with the Dale” and how prophetic that has proven to be.

This must be the last season of struggle, however. Next season we must be looking to compete in the top seven.

A change of formation is therefore unlikely and so let’s go with the following tomorrow.

Smith

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Greenidge Ashley Read Tchamadeu

Chilvers

Akinde Tovide

Subs O’Hara Dallison Fevrier Jay Miranda Newby Hopper

After the home win 3-0 against Donny earlier in the season what about a repeat scoreline to send the faithful home happy. And of course, a double over Schofield’s team.

Of course, the big one is Mansfield at home Coronation Weekend. That’s when I want us to win handsomely against the Stags.

Weather at Doncaster is scheduled to be 14 degrees Celsius but wet (41% precipitation) with occasional sunny intervals.

Gerry and I will be lunching at Pizza Hut. Wessex is travelling “thanks to Mick Lynch” tomorrow by train. Noah is on one of the supporter’s coaches (I think two at least are making the journey). We might actually have about 350 of the faithful present.

Lets keep the winning run going — two more wins and we equal last season’s 55 points.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 23:43 - Apr 28 with 1131 viewswessex_exile

Nice one Durham, can't wait.

I've been out tonight with my Spireite mate for beers in Bath, and without wishing to jinx anything, we're cautiously looking at the possibility of a Derbyshire vs Nottinghamshire Wembley play-off final as a potential. Sadly, at the moment, Brother Lynch and his colleagues might have other plans, but we'll face that hurdle if/ when it comes.

Looking forward to seeing you all there at the Keepmoat, and Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 10:25 - Apr 29 with 1067 viewsnoah4x4

Two chock full CUSA buses are on the A1. Last news from the U’s ticket office was over 400 sold. I know of a number of former regulars that are making this trip, their first away day in a couple of seasons, Garner having rejuvenated our fortunes as we seek a ninth consecutive unbeaten game. What a shame we started the season still under the shadow of Tony Humes and his cronies.

Catch you later Durham & Wessex.
Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 14:52 - Apr 29 with 1023 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Doncaster (unchanged): Smith, Chambers, Kelleher, Hall, Greenidge, Tchamadeu, Ashley, Read, Chilvers, Tovide, Akinde

U's subs are Dallison, Kazeem, Miranda, Newby, Fevrier, Jay, Hopper (no keeper)

Colchester have lost on each of their last four visits to the Keepmoat Stadium without scoring and have not won in Doncaster in their last six games at the venue.

mfb

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 17:13 - Apr 29 with 977 viewsnoah4x4

Daylight robbery. Their goal looked offside.
Ball over line last kick of game, U’s “goal” not given (same linesman).
Worst refereeing performance of the season.
Junior sent off after the final whistle.
Will all be forgotten by August when we next get on a coach.
But need a performance against Mansfield
Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 17:23 - Apr 29 with 970 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 17:13 - Apr 29 by noah4x4

Daylight robbery. Their goal looked offside.
Ball over line last kick of game, U’s “goal” not given (same linesman).
Worst refereeing performance of the season.
Junior sent off after the final whistle.
Will all be forgotten by August when we next get on a coach.
But need a performance against Mansfield

Noah we were robbed.

I agree ball over the line and then the useless ref blew at least a minute early.

Junior sent off after the whistle.

Mansfield may have nothing to play for next week after losing to Tom and Co today.

Safe journey home

Good to see Gerry and Wessex.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 22:56 - Apr 29 with 892 viewsdurham_exile

Have now seen Akinde's 95th minute "equaliser" twice more and I am sure the ball crossed the line.

We woz robbed without doubt.

Durham_exile

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 07:11 - Apr 30 with 863 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 22:56 - Apr 29 by durham_exile

Have now seen Akinde's 95th minute "equaliser" twice more and I am sure the ball crossed the line.

We woz robbed without doubt.

It was critically scrutinised by 49 fans on our CUSA bus and we had no doubt. Their goal also looks offside. Next add the handball into the mix (penalty not given). The referee gave us nothing. He looked utterly out of his depth from kick-off to final whistle and beyond. I expect another letter of apology (the third in a season!).

A red card is a sad way for Junior to end his Col U career (we won’t keep him when a £2m offer materialises), but he was 20 yards away from the referee when the second yellow was produced and he had been first booked only 30 seconds previously. Whatever he said reflected what 400+ U’s fans were thinking. Fortunately we had already assured our survival.

Greenidge fails to inspire confidence, and I am still not convinced that any combination of Akinde, Tovide or Hopper is ideal to lead the line in 2023/24. We need a proper goal-poacher in the mould of a Cureton or Scott Vernon. Jay continues to disappoint too. Not surprised Exeter let him go. However, we do seem pretty solid at the back and can build from there, especially if Dallison is fit and Kazeem a year older.

Mansfield probably won’t have anything to play for on Coronation Bank Holiday Monday so we can’t spoil their play-off ambitions, but we can have the satisfaction of a win. Horrible, nasty, spitting fans (through a fence). A 12:30 kick off means a sober arrival at the ground, but we can have one hell of a party after. Donny stewards reckon we were the season’s best atmosphere creating travelling fans at the Keepmoat which was otherwise a library. I’m glad we don’t have a stadium six times the size of our typical gate.
Super U's to maintain unbeaten run against Donny Rovers on 11:37 - Apr 30 with 828 viewswessex_exile

A great day marred by exceptionally poor officials, but it didn't dampen the enthusiasm from the fantastic faithful, who did the club proud. As you say Noah, the stewards (who were also fantastic) were openly admitting it was the best support they'd seen all season. Great to see all three of you on the day, just a pity we didn't take any of the many chances created to get the three points we deserved...and even when we did, the ref and linesman conspired to take it from us.

Even with the poor camera angle, and the above lifted from the YouTube highlights reel at 0.25x playback speed, when you consider the goalkeeper's feet are on his line, and his body angle leaning back into the goal to palm the ball out, clearly over the line - just as clearly as it was in real time from behind the goal. Wonder if we'll get another letter of apology? Doubt it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024