Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAW academies 17:37 - May 17 with 1142 viewssherpajacob

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65616056

5 academies had their licenses removed, the reasons depending on who you listen to, for not having a physio present at U12s games and toilets being locked at the venue where U9s were training. if anyone from the FAW can provide more transparent information, please do.

Also Pontardawe, downgraded to a C license, which means they can only run limited age groups. Pontardawe U12s (Angel Rangels boys) and U14s both finished the season as Welsh champions. So clearly competitiveness doesn't seem to count for much. Whilst Pontypridd who finished bottom or near bottom in every age group, but have FAW members on their board and play and train at the fantastic USW facilities, get a category B license as do Cardiff Met. (i'm sure there are people on here who know the full picture at Pontardawe far better than me)

I'll declare an interest in that my lad plays for one of the academies that has had their license removed, despite being very successful on the pitch. he's already been offered places at different Cat B academies, as have most of his team mates. The simple reason being that they are better than the teams and players at those academies. So whilst the BBC article says correctly its caused disruption to Risca, Taffs well and Cwmbran, it actually spreads much further than that. Lots of boys currently at Pontypridd and Cardiff met are going to lose their places to the better players from the delicensed academies.

The FAW couldn't really have caused more confusion if they tried. An added issue, following the introduction of the one club rule last season, I know of talented boys who having chosen academy football, are next season choosing to play Rugby instead.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024