Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Badge 20:38 - Jun 4 with 4026 viewsShun

I saw an interesting thread on Twitter about the best badges of the FL and it got me wondering. What does everyone think? For me, some that stand out are Leyton Orient, Doncaster, Vale, Liverpool, Exeter and Sheff United - ones that have traditional emblems with a bit of a difference.

The worst have to be the likes of Bristol City, Fulham, MK Dons, Cheltenham (all too corporate), and Portsmouth and QPR (too dull). I’m not a huge fan of ours either really.

For anyone who spent far too long looking at this wondering where we are, you’re not the only one.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 20:38]
Best Badge on 22:14 - Jun 4 with 3876 viewssxdale

I've always thought Burton Albion is a shocker.
Best Badge on 06:30 - Jun 5 with 3751 viewspioneer

Best Badge on 22:14 - Jun 4 by sxdale

I've always thought Burton Albion is a shocker.

Cheltenham, fulham and salford…truly awful.

There are a couple of great books that provide the history of club crests. I think the entry for Salford is a blank page.
Best Badge on 10:37 - Jun 5 with 3573 viewssxdale

Best Badge on 06:30 - Jun 5 by pioneer

There are a couple of great books that provide the history of club crests. I think the entry for Salford is a blank page.

Thankfully Leeds didn't go ahead with that horrendous badge their owner tried to implement.

Some non league clubs gave awesome badges, Steeton's in the NWCFL is particularly demonic. If anyone can post a picture of it as it's beyond my ability!
Best Badge on 15:57 - Jun 5 with 3354 viewsheywooddale

Best Badge on 06:30 - Jun 5 by pioneer

Salford's looks like a badge you get in PES or Fifa when they could get the licencing right for the club and have use generic names and badge. Calling club's like Man U the Manchester Devils and Chelsea the London Blues.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 15:58]
Best Badge on 16:07 - Jun 5 with 3341 viewsFrog

Not there because we're non-league.
Best Badge on 19:23 - Jun 5 with 3240 viewsrichfoad32

Best Badge on 15:57 - Jun 5 by heywooddale

Salford's looks like a badge you get in PES or Fifa when they could get the licencing right for the club and have use generic names and badge. Calling club's like Man U the Manchester Devils and Chelsea the London Blues.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 15:58]

I must be in the minority but I quite like it.... . Always liked Wolves and Birmingham's is pretty classy as well. None that I particularly dislike but if pushed I would have to say Cheltenham's is the worst, what is it meant to be?
Best Badge on 17:30 - Jun 6 with 2991 viewsDaleiLama

Best Badge on 10:37 - Jun 5 by sxdale

Thankfully Leeds didn't go ahead with that horrendous badge their owner tried to implement.

Some non league clubs gave awesome badges, Steeton's in the NWCFL is particularly demonic. If anyone can post a picture of it as it's beyond my ability!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Best Badge on 19:52 - Jun 6 with 2892 viewssxdale

Best Badge on 17:30 - Jun 6 by DaleiLama

Cheers DL, going to have to work out how to do that, not least for the new kit's thread when it starts up.
Login to get fewer ads

Best Badge on 13:00 - Jun 9 with 2558 viewsBrierls

I tend to like the more traditional badges; Premier League and bigger clubs tend to stick with as they don't have a 'need' to re-brand.

I like badges like...Aston Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Sunderland etc.

Other badges further down the EFL with a nod to history or tradition are good...Barrow, Bristol Rovers, Coventry (must be a nightmare for embroidery!), Grimsby etc.

I really don't like most of the modern (sometimes re-branded) badges...Bristol City, Burton, Cheltenham, Mansfield, MK Dons (absolutely terrible), Salford etc. The only simple badge I like is Wolves and that's been around years.

Plymouth probably gets my vote as the best. It's not overly busy, but it's a proper crest with a nod to tradition and club colours. Special mention to Donny too.
Best Badge on 13:30 - Jun 9 with 2532 viewsClivert

Bolton's badge is bloody boring.
Best Badge on 14:06 - Jun 9 with 2491 viewsBingoballs

Best Badge on 17:30 - Jun 6 by DaleiLama

I've played there a few times back in the day.
Best Badge on 15:05 - Jun 9 with 2446 viewsDaleiLama

Best Badge on 19:52 - Jun 6 by sxdale

Cheers DL, going to have to work out how to do that, not least for the new kit's thread when it starts up.

SX on a smartphone, long click on the image and choose open in new tab option. Copy IP address from the opened image and paste into a post on the forum. Then delete anything in the IP address after jpg, jpeg, png and you should have a link that will appear. Doesn't work every time, but most times.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Best Badge on 00:30 - Jun 10 with 2347 viewssxdale

Best Badge on 15:05 - Jun 9 by DaleiLama

SX on a smartphone, long click on the image and choose open in new tab option. Copy IP address from the opened image and paste into a post on the forum. Then delete anything in the IP address after jpg, jpeg, png and you should have a link that will appear. Doesn't work every time, but most times.

Thank you Mr Lama. I'll give it a go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024