Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little icon, bottom right 00:30 - Jun 24 with 751 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Touched this twice in error within a few seconds and hope l have not done any short or long term damage to anyone. My Nokia is on life support.

Hope someone else was lucky enough to catch The Artic Monkey's set at Glastonbury tonight. Captivating.

Little icon, bottom right on 07:43 - Jun 24 with 724 viewsnoah4x4

No worry! We can still see you and we don’t need a button to ignore folk. It’s just a shame we don’t have access to an <ignore> button in real life. I’d have a long list of candidates.

Before retiring to bed, I watched ten minutes of the Arctic Monkeys, just to work out what all the fuss was all about. Ask me before or after that sample to name one of their songs and I would still be clueless. My lack of interest in contemporary music is why I always come second in any pub quiz.

Give me the “That’s 60’s” (or 70s) music channel any time. Just watching the Glastonbury kids on TV talking about a surprise appearance by Rick Astley. What will they make of him when they actually hear him? Day of cricket for me, much more tuneful.
Little icon, bottom right on 11:20 - Jun 24 with 702 viewsSparkfilmsTV

What l did, l think, was to attempt the 'Next' page down in the corner which is in very close proximity to that little figure....touch screen world can occasionally take us on an unintentional path.

I was trying to keep up to pace with any transfer movement at The Jobserve, it seems like there will be a frenzy of action in the next few weeks. It's going to be another team build, let's hope we don't need to go into repeat mode in the January transfer window.

It does seem a much more complicated business these days where manager's have to build squads ( sometimes at the expense of teams? ).

The game was much simpler before subs were introduced.

First it was one sub, then two, then three from five, followed by half a team from a crowded bench! This must have bought a lot more pressure on club officials as the game is supposed to be moving forward. Not to mention budgets. There are a considerable amount of fringe players in the game now that are on the pay roll and from a business perspective it puts clubs under more pressure than many of them can afford.

Having to 'give' players minutes' etc, and being satisfied that a player can last an hour. This was not an issue when some of us started to follow the game.

Colchester United are long overdue a promotion.

I like the appointment of Ben Garner. I think he will be aiming high.
Little icon, bottom right on 19:19 - Jun 25 with 615 viewswessex_exile

Check your blocked members in settings, you might have inadvertently blocked someone, so you won't see their messages - of course if you don't reply, I might have been one of them

I started watching the Arctic Monkeys, but found their set a bit flat and switched to Hot Chip - much better! Turns out Alex Turner was recovering from acute laryngitis, which was probably a factor. Last night I stuck with Leftfield and Fat Boy Slim rather than Guns n Roses, but tonight has to be Elton for what is rumoured to be his last UK performance.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Little icon, bottom right on 20:58 - Jun 25 with 605 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I like Leftfield too. Quite a bit of their stuff here on both vinyl and CD.

There were problems with Guns 'n Roses sound balance for the first 50 minutes.

Didn't realise Slash was born in the UK until l checked out some info on Wiki.

Some quite incredible stories behind the artists appearing this year. From busking, from bedrooms in Croydon, and to Glastonbury in just a few years. The music industry is an equal opportunities platform these days, and the better for it.

We live in difficult times, but exciting times too.

Time for Elton now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024