Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixtures 21:03 - Jul 5 with 2186 viewselectricblue

Surely the fixtures of AFC Fylde on Boxing day and then on New Years Day is wrong...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fixtures on 21:05 - Jul 5 with 2164 viewsTVOS1907

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fixtures on 21:44 - Jul 5 with 2064 viewsDaleFan7

In the NL its supposed to be that you play someone relatively 'local' to you twice over the Xmas period. Don't think the police would have signed off on us playing Oldham though. They play Hartlepool twice.
Fixtures on 21:47 - Jul 5 with 2054 viewsDorkingDale

If you look at the VNL website there is a good article about compiling the fixtures & it explains that they liaise with the clubs to establish which local team they would like to play over the Christmas/New Year holiday and arrange a home & away fixture accordingly.
Fixtures on 07:23 - Jul 6 with 1809 viewspioneer

I notice six of the midweek games are H & A against same clubs (woking, borehamwood and Alty). Not sure that was something they did in EFL.

I suppose 14 October is FACup preliminary round weekend. We knew it was coming …but it still hurts like hell
Fixtures on 08:00 - Jul 6 with 1760 viewsjudd

Fixtures on 21:44 - Jul 5 by DaleFan7

In the NL its supposed to be that you play someone relatively 'local' to you twice over the Xmas period. Don't think the police would have signed off on us playing Oldham though. They play Hartlepool twice.

The police would not allow us Oldham nor Halifax for the festive period reverse fixtures.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fixtures on 08:40 - Jul 6 with 1695 viewsDaleiLama

Fixtures on 07:23 - Jul 6 by pioneer

I notice six of the midweek games are H & A against same clubs (woking, borehamwood and Alty). Not sure that was something they did in EFL.

I suppose 14 October is FACup preliminary round weekend. We knew it was coming …but it still hurts like hell

Don't know about previous seasons Pioneer, but last season we had Orient and Tranmere home and away on Tuesday

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fixtures on 08:57 - Jul 6 with 1666 viewsTVOS1907

Fixtures on 07:23 - Jul 6 by pioneer

Midweek games in the EFL have often been against the same clubs, with the odd exception here and there.

The fixtures are compiled by the same company that does the EFL, Premier League and Scottish leagues, with the same restrictions and nuances, apart from that Boxing Day/New Year double header. There isn't any sort of mystery to them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fixtures on 09:03 - Jul 6 with 1660 viewskel

Oldham fans on Twitter are claiming that the fixtures are rigged so that stadiums aren’t “full and bouncing” when they visit ie big games on Tuesday nights.

I’m grateful they’ve stepped up to the plate for comedy now bury are irrelevant.
Login to get fewer ads

Fixtures on 09:58 - Jul 6 with 1565 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Ebbsfleet at home… the full horror of where we are has hit home like a sledgehammer!!
Geographically we are the nearest club to Fylde so it makes some sense that we play them over Xmas / New Year but if GMP can “police” a Manchester derby then surely they could manage Oldham or Halifax??
Fixtures on 13:20 - Jul 6 with 1420 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Good to have more than one thread open on the same subject.😉

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024