Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rethink on going to away games. 10:41 - Jul 28 with 6589 viewsBigKindo

ULEZ. The Mayor of London, Khan, has won the court case and will go ahead with his plans to charge those with non-compliant vehicles £ 12-50/day. . Visits to Barnet, Woking etc will be affected. Residents who live within the zone will be offered up to £ 2000 scrappage if you meet certain criteria eg disability. This will not be offered to those who live outside the zone. On two visits to family this year in London there is a definite feeling that there is public disquiet about this - perhaps demonstrated last week at the result of the bye- election in Boris Johnson's parliamentary seat. So minimum pay workers at, say, Heathrow who work unsocial hours over a 5 day week using a non-exempted vehicle will have to stump up £ 62-50 to get to and from work. As we visit family now resident within ULEZ some weeks ago I had a letter from 'Khan' asking me to put my credit card details on my Transport for London account so they can automatically debit me.

Great hews indeed for the Gtr. Manchester elected Mayor Burnham. Wait for a leaflet coming through your letterbox
Rethink on going to away games. on 17:54 - Jul 31 with 943 viewsPorlicks

Rethink on going to away games. on 08:24 - Jul 30 by BigKindo

So, me being a state pensioner, you expect me to go out and spend 10s of thousands on a new vehicle. Read my posts. I only drive 2000 miles/annum. Why did I buy a diesel car? Because the politicians of the day encouraged me and many others to do so in that they would prefer drivers to purchase diesel powered vehicles. This isn't about pollution It is about Khan replenishing his much depleted coffers at the cost of those at the lower end of the social scale. If it was about pollution he should take a leaf out of Amsterdam's book, and immediately ban Cruise Liners berthing at Tower Bridge. But that would destroy a relative new stream of tourist revenue.

Now if you'd like to dig deep and buy me a car .........

I know those little asthma causing molecules are invisible to you and me, and so you don't think they exist, but they actually do give little children asthma. And cancer.

There's something about Amsterdam and cars.... I can't put my finger on it... Is it famous as the home of motorists?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-07/how-amsterdam-is-closing-the-

I fully support London to be more like Amsterdam.

Who are YOU with?

Rethink on going to away games. on 18:39 - Jul 31 with 870 views49thseason

Rethink on going to away games. on 17:54 - Jul 31 by Porlicks

I know those little asthma causing molecules are invisible to you and me, and so you don't think they exist, but they actually do give little children asthma. And cancer.

There's something about Amsterdam and cars.... I can't put my finger on it... Is it famous as the home of motorists?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-07/how-amsterdam-is-closing-the-

I fully support London to be more like Amsterdam.

Air pollution is not a cause of asthma but it can exacerbate it. Asthma is caused by your genes, femail hormones, obesity, croup, bronchiolitis, smoking or being the child of a smoker before birth, are all believed to cause Asthma, air pollution can trigger an attack but it is as likely to be indoor pollution such as perfume. mildew or the gas cooker.

Since 2001 only ONE person has died in London from air pollution according to death certificates
Rethink on going to away games. on 19:18 - Aug 1 with 717 viewsJames1980

Surprised Colin hasn't mentioned ULEZ

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024