Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BJ needs to change this quickly 12:05 - Aug 6 with 2934 viewsBarrowdale

I think Jim could be the man and on the whole we have players good enough to hold their own in this league, but four years of the same style just evidences what is wrong. We had liads of possession which BJ alluded to after the game….. as did every post match interview for the last 200 games. Possesion alone is irrelevant. We don’t have shots, we don’t cross it (last header from open play?), we don’t run at defences and cause panic.
What we do and what gives us great stats is we recover the ball, we recycle it and we reset, giving every team ages to set up defence whilst we stroll around keeping the ball looking to walk it into the net.
We are too slow, too predictable and too easy to cope with. Ebbsfleet were poor but we made them look ok. This tactic has to stop or nothing will change and it’s a shame because I think the team is good enough. Nevett was unreal too for a 17yr old. Maybe try some of the others with a bit more free rein?
BJ needs to change this quickly on 12:07 - Aug 6 with 2906 viewsNorthernDale

Well said and I hope McNulty reads it.
BJ needs to change this quickly on 12:57 - Aug 6 with 2760 viewsjonahwhereru

Correct me if I am wrong, but last headed goal in open play was our second last competitive match. SAJ v Sutton.
We all see what we want to see, you wanted to see same old same old. So didn’t see the press and more direct play down the wings.
I looked to see what the new signings bought and I in general like what I saw. I also saw a fully committed effort, which was completely absent in some games last year.
BJ needs to change this quickly on 13:05 - Aug 6 with 2737 viewsoddjob007

One thing that annoyed me was how we didn’t really take advantage of how high they were playing up the pitch

Several times we won the ball on the halfway line and just looked clueless about breaking at speed.
BJ needs to change this quickly on 13:20 - Aug 6 with 2707 viewsBarrowdale

Saj’s goal was from a corner!!
However that game exemplified what I said. Fast breajs, goals scored and keeper sent off.
Move it quickly!
BJ needs to change this quickly on 13:33 - Aug 6 with 2660 viewsJames1980

I guess the risk of total options football is players might spend to long picking what they believe is the best option.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BJ needs to change this quickly on 19:40 - Aug 6 with 2149 viewsjokerthief

Rochdale's first two corners was ridiculous, the ball never even got into the penalty area.
BJ needs to change this quickly on 07:12 - Aug 7 with 1870 viewsNorthernDale

The question is can McNulty change and I would say 'no', because he is convinced that the total options is good football and he admitted last season that he prefers to watch this style of football.

The total football options may work if you are City and have the players of their quality, but sadly we have not got that standard of players. I
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 7:17]
BJ needs to change this quickly on 07:34 - Aug 7 with 1839 viewsTalkingSutty

BJ needs to change this quickly on 07:12 - Aug 7 by NorthernDale

The question is can McNulty change and I would say 'no', because he is convinced that the total options is good football and he admitted last season that he prefers to watch this style of football.

The total football options may work if you are City and have the players of their quality, but sadly we have not got that standard of players. I
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 7:17]

It's up to him what he does, it's his job to lose. All managers live or die on results, there's never been one yet that hasn't. I thought there was positives to pull out of Saturday, in particular the performances of the new signings and of course George Nevitt. We looked fitter than last season and pressed high up the pitch for a change. The style of play was still laboured though with a desire to recycle the ball backwards seemingly the preferred option over taking on the last man and driving into space. Too much stopping with the ball in the final third and looking to pass it backwards, killing any momentum and allowing the opposition to organise themselves defensively. We also didn't move the ball quickly enough. How many crosses into the box, how many shots on target, how many saves did the goalkeeper make, how many goals did we score? It's the statistics in and around the oppositions penalty box that really count, especially when you're playing at home. We need another wide player and a creative midfield player. Would it be worth playing Sinclair as the attacking midfield player just behind the forwards? I think he's wasted out wide personally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024