Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England playing Rustyball! 17:20 - Sep 9 with 2771 viewsBuenosSaint

200 completed passes (yes 200). In 15 minutes.
Not a shot . Lol.

Poll: The Long Future

England playing Rustyball! on 14:46 - Sep 10 with 717 viewssaintwizzler

England playing Rustyball! on 14:27 - Sep 10 by Ifonly

What more do I want? I want us to win a tournament. That will never happen if we are happy with playing mediocre football and getting draws against mediocre teams like Ukraine.

If we don't use the qualifying stages to develop, we will always fail when it matters.

I’m happy we are pissing the league, unbeaten.
The object is to qualify, which we will do with ease.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England playing Rustyball! on 22:15 - Sep 10 with 621 viewsBerber

England playing Rustyball! on 22:03 - Sep 9 by dirk_doone

Even though they're only in their early 30s, Henderson and Maguire are both past their sell by date. They had a few decent games for England but it's time to say goodbye.

Goodbye!

My thoughts exactly, it was obvious within the first 15min. The game went dead every time McGuire received the ball.
England playing Rustyball! on 07:33 - Sep 11 with 566 viewsCity_boy

England playing Rustyball! on 14:46 - Sep 10 by saintwizzler

I’m happy we are pissing the league, unbeaten.
The object is to qualify, which we will do with ease.

Winning the group/qualifying stages with ease is no good if we fail dismally when we get to knockout stages against better opposition.

I would rather England developed to give them the best chance of winning a tournament. Beating North Macedonia and Malta will have very little bearing when they come up against, France, Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Brazil etc.

Qualifying in the groups stages is almost a given these days, with 20 teams qualifying automatically as the top two in each group and another three via playoffs (and Host Country).

If you look back to 80's/90's, it wasn't uncommon for teams like Italy, England, Netherlands, France to not qualify. With the current format, it is very unlikely top European teams will not qualify.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 7:34]
England playing Rustyball! on 08:09 - Sep 11 with 553 viewsdirk_doone

Germany are playing it too. Japan only had 33% possession and beat them 4-1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66765606

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England playing Rustyball! on 08:35 - Sep 11 with 543 viewssaintwizzler

England playing Rustyball! on 07:33 - Sep 11 by City_boy

Winning the group/qualifying stages with ease is no good if we fail dismally when we get to knockout stages against better opposition.

I would rather England developed to give them the best chance of winning a tournament. Beating North Macedonia and Malta will have very little bearing when they come up against, France, Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Brazil etc.

Qualifying in the groups stages is almost a given these days, with 20 teams qualifying automatically as the top two in each group and another three via playoffs (and Host Country).

If you look back to 80's/90's, it wasn't uncommon for teams like Italy, England, Netherlands, France to not qualify. With the current format, it is very unlikely top European teams will not qualify.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 7:34]

‘Winning the group/qualifying stages with ease is no good if we fail dismally when we get to knockout stages against better opposition.’ Couldn’t agree more.
At this present time Southgate is doing his job by us being in the qualifying positions in the group.

He nearly left after the last tournament and I think he will unless we win the competition next summer.

Who knows then the great Ralph Hasenhüttl will be available to come out of his log cabin in The Alps to take over the reigns!? He’ll be after a new job then when we stop paying him.

England playing Rustyball! on 11:31 - Sep 11 with 506 viewsarfurdent

England playing Rustyball! on 12:59 - Sep 10 by saintwizzler

And what a superb pass from deep for Walker’s goal he delivered.

my point entirely, why was he deep in midfield and not up front ready to receive the pass. Being up front as a centre forward seems to work for Erling Haaland

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

England playing Rustyball! on 05:28 - Sep 13 with 406 viewssaintwizzler

England playing Rustyball! on 22:13 - Sep 9 by dirk_doone

Ukrainians are enduring a nightmare right now. Cut them some slack. Their country is being bombed to smithereens. If they choose to boo their opponents in a football match, so what? Our fans booed the Italian anthem and attacked their fans at Wembley over Brexit FFS.

PS I was only watching on TV but it appeared to me that the Ukrainian fans were remarkably tolerant of the England fans in their midst. They weren't getting attacked like the Italian fans at Wembley were.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 22:20]

Naughty Scotland fans!
I thought it was only the English that booed the opposition national anthem!?

I hope no England fans got attacked in the home end over Independence!

https://talksport.com/football/1564295/scottish-boos-drown-out-god-save-the-king

[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 5:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024