Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend safe 17:25 - Oct 3 with 1522 viewsWitham

Sold to Australian consortium https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66992758
Southend safe on 18:02 - Oct 3 with 1500 viewswessex_exile

Please for them. but here's hoping they remain in the National League for a few seasons yet regardless

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Southend safe on 18:15 - Oct 3 with 1495 viewsdurham_exile

No-one likes to see any club go out of business.

But perhaps we can forget about them and focus solely on the Super U's

Durham_exile

Southend safe on 14:06 - May 17 with 782 viewsburnsieespana

See judge has given the consortium & Ron Martin 6 weeks otherwise they will be wound up!
Also looks like they are also u der another transfer embargo.
[Post edited 17 May 18:43]
Southend safe on 12:25 - May 18 with 642 viewsdurham_exile

Southend safe on 14:06 - May 17 by burnsieespana

See judge has given the consortium & Ron Martin 6 weeks otherwise they will be wound up!
Also looks like they are also u der another transfer embargo.
[Post edited 17 May 18:43]

Bury were never afforded the luxury of time which is being lavished on Scummend.

They will survive yet again but it is really is a farce.

Durham_exile

Southend safe on 17:26 - Jun 7 with 335 viewsburnsieespana

Southend safe on 12:25 - May 18 by durham_exile

Bury were never afforded the luxury of time which is being lavished on Scummend.

They will survive yet again but it is really is a farce.

Seems a lot of doubt as new Council seem to indicate Martin's plans don't stack up and could put it at risk.
Talk now of a phoenix club called Southend City.
Southend safe on 18:38 - Jun 7 with 298 viewswessex_exile

Southend safe on 17:26 - Jun 7 by burnsieespana

Seems a lot of doubt as new Council seem to indicate Martin's plans don't stack up and could put it at risk.
Talk now of a phoenix club called Southend City.

Not that I'm a Ron spokesperson, but I don't think this one is down to him. According to today's article on the Beeb website, seems this one is down to the council, who are dragging their feet over transferring planning permission. The takeover consortium, who have already exchanged contracts with Ron, want to renovate Roots Hall (you can't polish a turd chaps) and move the housing redevelopment of the old ground out to occupy the proposed new site of Fossetts Farm, but it's the council digging their heels in this time.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Southend safe on 19:40 - Jun 7 with 291 viewsTheOldOakTree

Southend safe on 18:38 - Jun 7 by wessex_exile

Not that I'm a Ron spokesperson, but I don't think this one is down to him. According to today's article on the Beeb website, seems this one is down to the council, who are dragging their feet over transferring planning permission. The takeover consortium, who have already exchanged contracts with Ron, want to renovate Roots Hall (you can't polish a turd chaps) and move the housing redevelopment of the old ground out to occupy the proposed new site of Fossetts Farm, but it's the council digging their heels in this time.

I get the impression that the proposals at the 'alternative' development, Fossetts Farm are a bit dodgy and don't have the correct mix of affordable housing etc. (and probably wouldn't get through the planning process). Hence the Council are unable to give the thumbs up until the proposals are sensible. Time is extremely tight and probably already too tight.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blues-takeover-council-leader-issues-120600438.

I'm not normally one to stand in the way of anybody having a swipe at a local authority, but I'm not sure it's their fault this time. There's around 150,000 tax payers in Saarfend that don't follow the prawns, so they have to be considered.

If the correct mix of affordable housing had been included in the proposals it would appear that this would be home and dry by now.
[Post edited 7 Jun 19:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024