Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In conversation 17:48 - Oct 3 with 699 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Speaking to former players of Colchester United is always interesting.

Today was no exception.

The club, the press and the general media will never allow certain information into the public domain.

More secrets than MI5.

There is quite a degree of censorship, an unwritten law, that while under contract, and even many years on, player's will keep certain matters private.

Well, it has taken quite a few years to hear what l was told today but it was very much worth the wait.

I don't really listen to or watch any interviews with players these days. It's almost as if they are reading from some kind of script.

Just about every club in the top eight levels have a media arm that primarily engages in spin and feel good factors and avoids sensitive issues.

Speaking of which there are a number of such in the vicinity.

In conversation on 15:47 - Oct 5 with 629 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I was discussing budgets today with a friend who acquired a National League South team.

They have seven players on loan, and for much of the season five have been on the pitch at any one time.

The weekly budget for the group of loan players comes in about £1,100 a week and includes players from The Championship, Division's One & Two and The National League.

The weekly amount even includes hotel accomodation for one of the players.

These figures are quite interesting as they form a considerable part of the overall budget for the team.

Pleased to see things are getting sorted at Southend United.

Roots Hall and the training ground have been purchased by the consortium. I am probably one of a small number of people who considered what Ron Martin has been going through for the past year or so in particular.

He does have some qualities and deserves a bit of a rest.
In conversation on 16:11 - Oct 5 with 628 viewsRSCOSWORTH

In conversation on 15:47 - Oct 5 by SparkfilmsTV

I was discussing budgets today with a friend who acquired a National League South team.

They have seven players on loan, and for much of the season five have been on the pitch at any one time.

The weekly budget for the group of loan players comes in about £1,100 a week and includes players from The Championship, Division's One & Two and The National League.

The weekly amount even includes hotel accomodation for one of the players.

These figures are quite interesting as they form a considerable part of the overall budget for the team.

Pleased to see things are getting sorted at Southend United.

Roots Hall and the training ground have been purchased by the consortium. I am probably one of a small number of people who considered what Ron Martin has been going through for the past year or so in particular.

He does have some qualities and deserves a bit of a rest.

Less than £200 per week, per player and that includes hotel costs? I'm guessing the majority of their wages are being covered by the parent club.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

In conversation on 18:36 - Oct 5 with 612 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Yes, very much the lion's share.

Virtually all of it in two cases.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024