Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester United Rebrand 17:38 - Dec 18 with 887 viewsSparkfilmsTV

This is not a rebrand that the club has any control over and has evolved during the past few seasons.....the term 'Struggling Colchester' has become the most common description of the club, often appearing in national media reports and even on Teletext.

Colchester's population appears to growing faster than anywhere else in the U.K. currently but of the new intake, only a tiny minority will take an interest in a club that is languishing in the lower reaches of what l still refer to as Division 4.

Hence, we are stuck on 3,200.

It's not an easy fix, or it doesn't appear to be.

This must represent a burden for the owner.

It must represent a burden to everyone connected to Colchester United.

It is even a burden to the local press and media as they appear quite exhausted by the continued malaise.

Do we really need interview after interview pre match and post match with players and a conveyer belt of head coaches who have virtually nothing of interest to say?

This is not just common to Colchester United. Some clubs might consider closing their media arms down....the game has become too corporate but most of the speak is just meaningless fluff.

What a shame real football Manager's morphed into Head Coaches who appear to be reading from the same autocue.

Friday brings Salford.

A victory will ease the pressure.

A significant home defeat could bring dramatic changes.

Colchester United Rebrand on 16:17 - Dec 21 with 754 viewsCrashBandicoot

If only Cowling would do the following:

1) Dismiss the current managerial team & recruit a decent and vastly experienced head coach, put him completely in charge and allow him to bring in his own coaching and scouting staff.

2) Allow the vastly experienced head coach and his scouting team mentioned in 1 to bring in decent players that fit in with his playing style and have solid L2 experience (instead of taking gambles on untried and inexperienced youngsters). Then create a decent and experienced backbone of a team and fit the younger players around them.

3) Allow the newly recruited head coach to run the team his way without any interference from others

If he just did those simple things and abandoned his current model we would be a far better team and possibly even move on to bigger and better things.

Until then we can either hope he finally does those things or sells the club to someone who will make the relevant adjustments. We simply can't carry on the way we are going.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 16:20]

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Colchester United Rebrand on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 683 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I always felt Colchester United had a two goal start when we used to play on a Friday night at Layer Road.

I can't recall many opportunities for Friday night football since we moved to The Community Stadium and l'm not sure the current surroundings offer any kind of advantage over the opposition.

Having said that, l would expect a victory tonight which is looking essential with some difficult fixtures to follow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone who visits 'The Usual' - some fun exchanges and an opportunity to express opinions without fear and censorship. 😊😊
Colchester United Rebrand on 11:12 - Dec 22 with 664 viewsMoor_Pinot

Colchester United Rebrand on 09:07 - Dec 22 by SparkfilmsTV

I always felt Colchester United had a two goal start when we used to play on a Friday night at Layer Road.

I can't recall many opportunities for Friday night football since we moved to The Community Stadium and l'm not sure the current surroundings offer any kind of advantage over the opposition.

Having said that, l would expect a victory tonight which is looking essential with some difficult fixtures to follow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone who visits 'The Usual' - some fun exchanges and an opportunity to express opinions without fear and censorship. 😊😊

Thank you. I concur.
It's usually a fair minded forum.

Compliments of the season of excess to all.
The excess will be acceptable to me if it's twelve points from four games!!
I can dream.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024