Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most under-rated players at the Rs 20:04 - Jan 25 with 3480 viewsstainrods_elbow

2nd thread of 2 in this exciting/now concluded series!

Here's your starter for 10 (all wingers):

Ian Stewart
Gareth Ainsworth
Nasser El Khayati

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Most under-rated players at the Rs on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 482 viewsPeterHucker

Most under-rated players at the Rs on 14:11 - Jan 26 by SheffieldHoop

Tbf with Orr, we had Walker come in for a bit. You felt Walker's absence in the second half of the season. Orr wasn't a bad player for us by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not Kyle Walker.

He’s certainly not Kyle Walker, but then Kyle Walker is one of the best in the world in that position.

What I liked about Orr at the start of that season is what I said in the post above, he was “no nonsense”

As brilliant as Kyle Walker is for City and England, I’m not sure he’s a “no nonsense” defender. It’s not really the way defenders play these days and maybe that’s for the best but I remember loving watch Orr and Hill play because they were old fashioned defenders. A right pair of hard bastards, who lived by the mantras “if in doubt, put it out.” (of play) and “put him in the fücking stands”

At that point we’d had a succession of full backs who would fit Ian Holloway’s description of “flitty farty” players, or Warnock’s stereotype of soft Southern teams who don’t like it up em.

By the time Orr and Hill came along I was so fücking fed up of seeing QPR defenders who just back off and back off, trying to keep the attacker on his weaker foot, but all the while letting the attacker get closer and closer to our goal.

It was refreshing to see some hard tackles going in, and making the attackers realise what they were up against.

All our current full backs, but especially Paal, do this backing off thing a lot and it infuriates me. Why let the guy keep running at you when you could’ve just hit him with a crunching tackle further up the pitch?
[Post edited 26 Jan 18:38]
Most under-rated players at the Rs on 19:15 - Jan 26 with 418 viewsRangersw12

Always thought Simon Barker was under rated and got a lot of stick for no reason

Scored some important goals for us over the years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024