Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS 23:02 - Feb 12 with 1761 viewsdurham_exile

I am out tomorrow evening and so will delay my assessment of the Harrogate game until the weekend and Accrington at Home.

Now I have made a bold and perhaps foolhardy prediction for the scoreline against the Mariners tomorrow. However, a side is in for a slaughter, battering if you will when those chances are converted.

DC will have been incandescent after Saturday not only the defeat but the manner after 94 minutes. Some of the leaders in the side will have been equally disappointed.

With Accrington at the JCS on Saturday the U’s have the rare opportunity to secure two doubles in less than a week following their splendid 3-2 Away win at Blundell Park and a hard fought 1-0 win at Accrington earlier in the season.

David Artell brings his Grimsby side after a 3-1 defeat at home to the leaders on Saturday. They have Danny Rose and Abo Eisa (former Col U loanee and Jeff Stelling dined out on the number of financial puns that he could get out of Eisa).

DC will be wanting to consign the disappointing defeat against Harrogate to the history books and look to secure another three vital points on Tuesday evening.

So, the team is likely to be changed only if Arthur Read is fit to play, if not it will not be dissimilar to Saturday with Chilvers retained.

Formation though 4,3,3 two wingers to support Hopper.

Goodman

Richardson Harbottle Hall Iandolo

Smith Read McGeehan

Fevrier Hopper Anderson

Subs:
Hornby Jay Dallison Edwards Ihionvien Chilvers Wilkinson

I am serious about the 6-0 prediction. A hattrick is overdue for the U’s and it could be Fevrier who bags them. Smith and Read plus Wilkinson to complete the rout.

A mild 9 degrees Celsius at the JCS but wet and windy.

We get at them early doors and convert the embarrassing number of chances that we squandered against the Sulphurites.

Not a great more to say.

Enjoy the game.

A decent midweek crowd for JCS under the lights and something to cheer about after the disappointment of Saturday.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 06:41 - Feb 13 with 1324 viewsnoah4x4

6-0 Durham? You sure those mushrooms were not hallucinogenic?

I don’t recall a similar U’s victory in L2 since Exeter went down to nine men (and then it was merely 5 - 0), albeit I have witnessed such goal feasts in the FA Cup. Also, what is a hat-trick? I’ve forgotten our last (was it Bonne at Wealdstone?). We struggle to string together three on target and still need a striker. Hopper has improved, but isn’t the full deal. Shame we lost Taylor, who is wasting his time at Lincoln on the bench.

Grimsby will park the bus, aim for a point and be hard to break down. I do fancy a U’s win tonight (how stupid is that hope given our inconsistency?), but once we go 2 - 0 up the Cowleys will similarly seek to park the bus and merely counter attack. We remain far too jittery at the back and evidently can’t achieve the effective stamina sapping high press for more than 45 minutes as borne out by Wessex’s statistics. We can only dominate for only a single half and the prudent use of substitutes is critical. Stockport only scored three, so I can’t see us hitting six. When we prove we can dominate for (most of) 90 minutes, then we will become promotion contenders, but EFL survival following a sequence of 1-0 or 2 -0 battles will keep most of us happy.
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 08:58 - Feb 13 with 1293 viewsBLACKCAT

This should be a very interesting match. The Mariners have a very decent away record since Artell arrived near the end of November; six points from five matches and only four goals conceded. By contrast their home record is shockingly bad, leading to calls (ridiculously premature in my opinion) for Artell to go. Four home matches in 2024 have resulted in four defeats and SIXTEEN goals conceded.
David Artell favours the playing it out from the back style. Away seemingly this hasn't been a problem but at Blundell Park it has been disastrous. So which Grimsby Town will turn up, the previously tight away version or the embarrassingly bad home one? If I could have watched any match tonight it would have been this one.
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 09:06 - Feb 13 with 1285 viewsburnsieespana

I have gone 3-2 as can see us scoring soon from all the shot on goal.in recent games but equally our rearguard is still very jittery.
As a matter of interest what as happened,vanyb9dy kniw to Zac Mitchell?
This is a must win game if we genuinely are going to pull away from tlirting with relegation so be happy of it was an own gol in the last minute!
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 14:22 - Feb 13 with 1199 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Watching a Danny Cowley Col U team live for the first time this evening. My record this season hasn't been great with one draw and three defeats and only one goal scored! Hoping it won't be a repeat of the 3-2 defeat from when we played Grimsby on Tuesday 11th February 2020. A time when we were just starting to hear the word Covid.

Up the U's!!!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 15:51 - Feb 13 with 1166 viewsthrillseeker

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 14:22 - Feb 13 by RSCOSWORTH

Watching a Danny Cowley Col U team live for the first time this evening. My record this season hasn't been great with one draw and three defeats and only one goal scored! Hoping it won't be a repeat of the 3-2 defeat from when we played Grimsby on Tuesday 11th February 2020. A time when we were just starting to hear the word Covid.

Up the U's!!!

RSC - enjoy tonight.

Sadly I have to take advantage of ifollow tonight.

For any gamblers I see we are favourites at 5/4 for a home win tonight
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 15:53 - Feb 13 with 1163 viewsthrillseeker

Durham - do you really believe it will be 6-0? I better have some of what you've been taking.

I see a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 victory for someone.
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 15:53 - Feb 13 with 1163 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 14:22 - Feb 13 by RSCOSWORTH

Up the U's!!!

RS enjoy the game hope you see 6 Super U's goals tonight.

Durham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 16:09 - Feb 13 with 1157 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 15:53 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

Durham - do you really believe it will be 6-0? I better have some of what you've been taking.

I see a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 victory for someone.

TS I do seriously.

I have seen plenty of games this season (10) so far and we are long overdue a big win.

There was real anger from some of the players on Saturday. Not disappointment but anger because they knew we should have been 3-0 up in the first half.

Our problem has been a failure to convert the many presentable chances that we have had.

The Accrington game when we won 1-0 after brilliance from Taylor could have been 5-1 to Stanley on the balance of play.

What we have to do tonight is score early and keep the pressure on.

Fevrier and Anderson hold the key with good wing play and Smith and Read to support the front players.

A big win would not only be a positive from the seasons' point of view but would redress some of the negative goal difference and boost the support for the Accrington game.

Goal scoring had been difficult for some time but we have the players we are creating the chances we just must convert some and tonight is the time.

DC publicly was professional but privately he would have been seething to have lost on Saturday and will have instilled in the players his dismay at their profligacy in front of goal.

Enjoy the game you will be pleasantly surprised with the positive result.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 17:50 - Feb 13 with 1124 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 16:09 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

TS I do seriously.

I have seen plenty of games this season (10) so far and we are long overdue a big win.

There was real anger from some of the players on Saturday. Not disappointment but anger because they knew we should have been 3-0 up in the first half.

Our problem has been a failure to convert the many presentable chances that we have had.

The Accrington game when we won 1-0 after brilliance from Taylor could have been 5-1 to Stanley on the balance of play.

What we have to do tonight is score early and keep the pressure on.

Fevrier and Anderson hold the key with good wing play and Smith and Read to support the front players.

A big win would not only be a positive from the seasons' point of view but would redress some of the negative goal difference and boost the support for the Accrington game.

Goal scoring had been difficult for some time but we have the players we are creating the chances we just must convert some and tonight is the time.

DC publicly was professional but privately he would have been seething to have lost on Saturday and will have instilled in the players his dismay at their profligacy in front of goal.

Enjoy the game you will be pleasantly surprised with the positive result.

Up the U's

Stop Press

Pitch inspection decision at 6pm

What is going on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 1102 viewswessex_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 17:50 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Stop Press

Pitch inspection decision at 6pm

What is going on

Up the U's

Game off - waterlogged pitch

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:12 - Feb 13 with 1053 viewsthrillseeker

Oh well........ a stress free evening and selfishly happy as it was ifollow for me tonight.

With predicted weather, waterlogged pitch and drainage issues will Saturday be under threat?
[Post edited 13 Feb 19:14]
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:33 - Feb 13 with 1013 viewsWitham

Making a decision at 6.20 shows no respect for our fan base. I had a 60 minute wasted round trip especially as my local BBC Essex advised me at 6.30 that they would be reporting from the game tonight.
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:38 - Feb 13 with 1005 viewswessex_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:33 - Feb 13 by Witham

Making a decision at 6.20 shows no respect for our fan base. I had a 60 minute wasted round trip especially as my local BBC Essex advised me at 6.30 that they would be reporting from the game tonight.

My sympathies Witham. Tougher still on the Grimsby supporters, most if not all of whom would have already arrived. I've seen photos on Twitter, and the pitch doesn't look playable. Question now, what must be done to improve the drainage for next season, and yes, will Saturday even go ahead if the rain doesn't let up?

Up the U's

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:44 - Feb 13 with 993 viewsSparkfilmsTV

We saw the pitch on Friday afternoon. The areas that were visible ( the pitch was virtually covered ) looked unplayable.

I'm still attempting to cut the grass here and I've had about five shifts so far with limited progress as the ground is saturated.

😳😳
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:45 - Feb 13 with 993 viewsCrashBandicoot

Bit gutting really after an unlucky defeat against Harrogate. Hopefully Wrexham & Barrow will do us 2 favours tonight.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 20:23 - Feb 13 with 961 viewswessex_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 19:45 - Feb 13 by CrashBandicoot

Bit gutting really after an unlucky defeat against Harrogate. Hopefully Wrexham & Barrow will do us 2 favours tonight.

FGR take an early lead, but Barrow have equalised. Looks very even in the Sutton v Wrexham game at the moment.

Up the U's

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 20:26 - Feb 13 with 960 viewsthrillseeker

We must have tired out Harrogate as they are losing 5-0 after 39 minutes
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 20:39 - Feb 13 with 941 viewswessex_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 20:26 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

That, and Mansfield are clearly taking the chances we didn't. In other news, Wrexham take an injury time 1-0 lead at Sutton.

Up the U's

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:09 - Feb 13 with 926 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 20:39 - Feb 13 by wessex_exile

That, and Mansfield are clearly taking the chances we didn't. In other news, Wrexham take an injury time 1-0 lead at Sutton.

I see Jayden Fevrier has just scored number 5 for the Super U's

It is an absolute disgrace that the pitch is waterlogged.

Seething, we needed the game tonight.

Up the aqua U's

Durham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:25 - Feb 13 with 917 viewsthrillseeker

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 20:26 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

Now 9-2
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:39 - Feb 13 with 896 viewsghughes11

very good Durham

However, remember we are still playing 4-2-3-1 with McGeehan just behind Hopper and Fevrier and Anderson on the wings - although on Sat it was almost a 4-4-2 with how high McGeehan was playing, almost like a second striker!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 879 viewswessex_exile

Mixed bag of results - Sutton lose 2-1 at home to Wrexham, FGR win 2-1 at Barrow, and Salford get a late equaliser to deny Donny all three points. FGR now six points behind (seven if you count the vastly inferior goal difference), Sutton seven points behind, eight if you count the equally vastly inferior goal difference, and we now have a game in hand. Would have rather we'd played, beat Grimsby and be one step further away from trouble, but no matter, it is what it is.

Up the U's

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 878 viewsthrillseeker

Not a bad night despite FGR winning

Now

Colchester played 31 points 29
FGR 31, 23
Sutton 32, 22

Equal games as FGR and 6 points clear

More funny is Seaweed are only out of relegation zone on goal difference - we can dream

Sadly in all seriousness I expect Seaweed to avoid relegation
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:53 - Feb 13 with 875 viewsnoah4x4

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:39 - Feb 13 by ghughes11

very good Durham

However, remember we are still playing 4-2-3-1 with McGeehan just behind Hopper and Fevrier and Anderson on the wings - although on Sat it was almost a 4-4-2 with how high McGeehan was playing, almost like a second striker!

……..also Goodman has dropped ball in 90 + 2 minute…….
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 847 viewsCrashBandicoot

FGR winning was not ideal for us but Sutton lost which helps as we now have a game in hand over them. We need to be more clinical in front of goal and we can be when we put our mind to it.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024