Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS 23:02 - Feb 12 with 1795 viewsdurham_exile

I am out tomorrow evening and so will delay my assessment of the Harrogate game until the weekend and Accrington at Home.

Now I have made a bold and perhaps foolhardy prediction for the scoreline against the Mariners tomorrow. However, a side is in for a slaughter, battering if you will when those chances are converted.

DC will have been incandescent after Saturday not only the defeat but the manner after 94 minutes. Some of the leaders in the side will have been equally disappointed.

With Accrington at the JCS on Saturday the U’s have the rare opportunity to secure two doubles in less than a week following their splendid 3-2 Away win at Blundell Park and a hard fought 1-0 win at Accrington earlier in the season.

David Artell brings his Grimsby side after a 3-1 defeat at home to the leaders on Saturday. They have Danny Rose and Abo Eisa (former Col U loanee and Jeff Stelling dined out on the number of financial puns that he could get out of Eisa).

DC will be wanting to consign the disappointing defeat against Harrogate to the history books and look to secure another three vital points on Tuesday evening.

So, the team is likely to be changed only if Arthur Read is fit to play, if not it will not be dissimilar to Saturday with Chilvers retained.

Formation though 4,3,3 two wingers to support Hopper.

Goodman

Richardson Harbottle Hall Iandolo

Smith Read McGeehan

Fevrier Hopper Anderson

Subs:
Hornby Jay Dallison Edwards Ihionvien Chilvers Wilkinson

I am serious about the 6-0 prediction. A hattrick is overdue for the U’s and it could be Fevrier who bags them. Smith and Read plus Wilkinson to complete the rout.

A mild 9 degrees Celsius at the JCS but wet and windy.

We get at them early doors and convert the embarrassing number of chances that we squandered against the Sulphurites.

Not a great more to say.

Enjoy the game.

A decent midweek crowd for JCS under the lights and something to cheer about after the disappointment of Saturday.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 22:18 - Feb 13 with 399 viewswessex_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:51 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

Not a bad night despite FGR winning

Now

Colchester played 31 points 29
FGR 31, 23
Sutton 32, 22

Equal games as FGR and 6 points clear

More funny is Seaweed are only out of relegation zone on goal difference - we can dream

Sadly in all seriousness I expect Seaweed to avoid relegation

I'm not so sure to be honest, after getting into an outside chance of making the play-offs, they're in free fall again and genuinely could get relegated to the NL South. Now that they're safe(ish) from liquidation, wouldn't it be hilarious if they were.

Special mention for AFC Fylde tonight though, 1pt ahead of Southend in the relegation dogfight and away at promotion contenders Aldershot, they won 5-0. That's mental! I know the Shots had a player sent off, but Fylde were already 1 up (or 2, not sure what happened first, the red card or the second goal) at the time. Crazy.
[Post edited 13 Feb 22:20]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 00:19 - Feb 14 with 352 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 21:53 - Feb 13 by noah4x4

……..also Goodman has dropped ball in 90 + 2 minute…….

But we were 6-0 up at that point!

Durham_exile

Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 07:14 - Feb 14 with 305 viewsnoah4x4

Good job we didn’t play Mansfield last night given we failed to beat Harrogate on Saturday.

Maybe the Grimsby postponement will allow enough time for Tovide to return to fitness? Frankly, I am pleased we didn’t play as we are typically awful in the rain on the shocking Jobserve pitch, where passes won’t run and the goal areas are perilous for even diligent GKs.

We narrowly beat a slick Accrington away in a game where they might easily have scored nine had they their shooting boots on. It could even be that the awful Jobserve pitch favours us for once. Consecutive defeats is unthinkable given FGRs new manager bounce improvement. Dropping two points after a miraculous recovery from 0-2 to 3 - 2 two weeks ago might haunt us.
Mariners and Harry Haddock have had their chips at the buoyant JCS on 12:53 - Feb 15 with 179 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester United’s match against Grimsby Town has been rearranged for Tuesday 16th April, 7:45pm KO.

The game against the Mariners was supposed to take place on Tuesday evening at the JobServe Community Stadium before heavy rainfall prevented play.

Now, the U’s will host Grimsby in mid-April (Tuesday 16th April, 7:45pm KO) – with options for supporters detailed below.

All tickets for the fixture will be valid for the rearranged game in April, but if you can’t make it to the new date, there are three options available:

Refund the tickets (all or a selection) to a Privilege Card
Refund to Match Credit (if you used Match Credits to purchase)
Move the tickets to another match
All three options can be managed by logging in to your Col U Tickets account, and heading to your bookings on the Dashboard.

Any actions need to be sorted no later than seven days prior to the rearranged date.

If you had purchased a hospitality package for the game, you will be contacted by the Commercial Department about your options.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024