Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to get their league season up and running at the JCS 21:31 - Aug 16 with 2354 viewsdurham_exile

Tomorrow sees the Super U’s start their home league account to the MK Dons.

Tuesday night saw the U’s deservedly defeat Reading in the Carabao Cup and secure a lucrative Second Round Tie at home to Brentford.

DC would want the JCS to become a fortress and there is no reason why they cannot achieve the consistency of performance which has been lacking for the last four years.

Last Saturday we started like potential League winners and had it not been for the incompetence of the referee we would definitely have secured at least a point.

The injury to Ben Goodliffe was a shocker and once again the referee failed to take decisive, no, any action. Although he is likely to be available for the match squad, I would not risk him from the start but possibly offer him some valuable minutes from the bench but preferably give him another week until the Harrogate game to recover.

The damage to his teeth and the consequent bruising was serious. Worse still he was definitely on for a hattrick after two superb headed goals in the first 9 minutes.

Ignore the Carabao cup games, I’m sure that the MK Dons would want to forget the mauling they received at Watford and they will be fighting for league points. They played the Bantams in the league last week and lost 2-1, no disgrace because Bradford are a sleeping giant and perhaps this season is their opportunity to achieve promotion.

Mike Williamson is under pressure and has some injury doubts of his own to worry about. Most disappointing of all is probably that sustained by Nico Lawrence who has a knee injury and will be out for 8 weeks. Lawrence impressed at Colchester last season but suffered a shoulder injury which considerably limited his playing time. Alex Gilbey will be playing though against his former team.

Now I liked the way that Colchester played on Saturday and Tuesday night. Plenty of positivity and creativity, I predict a 3-1 victory for the Super U’s, but who will be starting for DC’s team.

Penalty hero Matt Macey will be between the sticks and the back four will likely be Hunt, Kells, Flanagan and Iandolo with a midfield of Read, Bishop and Payne. Hopper, Tovide and Edwards will start up front.

Therefore, as follows:

Macey

Hunt Kells Flanagan Iandolo

Read Bishop Payne

Hopper Tovide Edwards

Subs Smith, Terry, Gordon, Egbo, Greenidge, Ihionvien, Woodyard

The calf injury sustained by Lyle Taylor appears to be keeping him out. When I wonder will he make his league debut.

DC would like to strengthen his squad still further, a striker and another midfielder perhaps.

Still a home league win would be most welcome and will give the team more confidence as they aim to establish themselves in the top seven.

Expect a decent crowd about 4,000.

Remember the A12 is closed this weekend.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to get their league season up and running at the JCS on 23:56 - Aug 17 with 433 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's to get their league season up and running at the JCS on 16:22 - Aug 17 by durham_exile

This week Gerry we're going to score late so there is no way back for MK

Up the U's

Mystic Durham.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to get their league season up and running at the JCS on 09:05 - Aug 18 with 338 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get their league season up and running at the JCS on 23:56 - Aug 17 by RSCOSWORTH

Mystic Durham.

RS - DC will have been more pleased with the clean sheet.

I know Gilbey hit the post but the U's deserved their victory and now have a full week to get players fit including Taylor.

Top seven is my League prediction for the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024