Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ahead of Southport — how you feeling? 08:09 - Jul 16 with 1339 viewsRicardo

I don’t know about anyone else — but I’m looking forward to today’s first view of our new look Team Rochdale (well I guess the fans and board presence will be fairly consistent). And I feel a huge sense of relief. The Hillcroft regime saga is over — and long live king Steve Eyre. When I look back at my disappointment of Keith’s leaving — I now get a sense of fresh blood, no more fan sniping / “will he go this time” concerns and the rest. Like they say — time is a great healer and all the very best to him.

So, disappointment over, I go to Southport today looking forward to meeting up with old friends, and also with eager anticipation of seeing first hand the new players, team and formation. I also think of how many up and coming players I’ve seen at these games in the past. Will Buckley and Craig Dawson being the most recent to have caught my eye. I’m hoping to come away today thinking that player xxx is going to be a massive influence for us. Maybe more than one player for the first time for me?

I’m also looking forward to seeing the team spirit. You can catch a lot more in the (relatively) relaxed pre-season mood and gain a sense of the strength of camaraderie.

Onwards and upwards, let us all let the new (more than) welcome members of Team Rochdale understand they are part of something special to each and every one of us (albeit in our own way). Let us surprise them by showing our appreciation and have them looking forward to next Tuesday more than they probably already are. And let’s help create the team Rochdale mentality that will remind our one and only Chris O’Grady which shirt he must be wearing at 3pm on 6th August 2011.

Up the Dale
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024