Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buckland AFC v QPR reserves.....&......Elburton Villa v QPR Youth 23:51 - Jul 27 with 2146 viewsplymhoop

the 8th game of the week and the last for the reserves on this pre-season tour of devon & cornwall
Rangers won 1.0 with a scrappy goal from Leon Clarke on 65 mins
the game should have reached double figures on chances created/wasted
at one point i think clarke did hit the proverbial barn door....in a field 3 fields behind the field that the actual goal was in!
anyway
the team lined up as follows
cerny, harriman, shittu, ramage, borrowdale, cook, doughty, rowlands, hulse, clarke, german
rangers pretty much dominated proceedings, but this was one of those games where the ball would not hit the back of the net, the keeper making a number of good saves and plucking crosses out of the air at will, the ball pinging round the 6 yard box and cleared off the line and clipping the post countless times.....what little Buckland could muster was dealt with by big dan at the back.....and radek made at least one crucial save with little else to do
hulse was ineffectual and went off half time, rowlands also took a knock and was replaced. shariff, balanta, andrade & parmenter were all used but annoyingly hewitt was left out along with pellicori who also didnt feature...in fact during the warm up it seemed the pelican couldnt get a kick about with anyone and just bumbled round on his own.
i believe the squad were to head back to london immediatley after this game so perhaps one boot was still on the coach .....as far as finishing was concerned anyway
Buckland have quite a good set up and the pitch and ground possibly the best we have seen this past week. they finished as champions in the SW league above all the teams the hoops have played so far and there was a respectable turn out of locals and a good contingent of rangers fans. Hi to the Torbay hoops!!!!!

so one final game left this week
and that is the youth team v Elburton Villa tommorrow (thursday)
its so close i can walk there
you r'sss!!

more.....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

cooky from plymouth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024