Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Weds (a) - line up 06:18 - Jul 31 with 1632 viewsRicardo

Yesterday was not poor — but nor was it super. But it gives us all a view as to next Sat. And, neck on the line, here’s my thoughts on next Saturday’s line up (having watching all of the pre-season UK based games).

Goalie — who knows — put probably the easiest position to fill at the last minute. Lucas was fine yesterday — no chance with the first and some complained that he dived for the penalty that was driven through the middle of the goal. Well — no pleasing some folks. (and it was an extremely harsh pen shout — made the one at Birmingham away look stonewall).

So goalie — tbc — rumours are Ben Amos — good in my view but the Oldham lads didn’t rate him on loan there recently.

The back four (the only bit of formation I even feel comfortable writing about):

Well we have to admit, with his current lack of 100% concentration, Trotman has to be given a rest. We have to see Bob playing in his position and give Mr Twaddle a run out. He made a huge difference coming on v Crew. So for me it is (Right to left):

Darby, Holness, Twaddle, Widdowson

That leaves Trotman on the bench to cover either CBs (Holness can switch), Twaddle can replace Joe W if needed, and then we need ano to cover the left side defensively if both need to come off.

Midfield (and I can’t hazard a guess at formation)

Tutte a definite, Jones a stalwart, JK for me and I would have gone for Adams before the Crewe game. I’m wondering if Grimes comes back into this “four”, possibly at the expense of Adams. JT (haters ignore) had a great play when coming on — so could be in contention — but prob not match fit enough. Paul Marshall had a good impact as well. My opinion is Gary is at his best at the front so it is for me (back to front):

JK (BBM as back up)

Joey T Tutte

Gary Jones

Leaving our front pairing of:

Grimes COG

And, in the words of a footballing legend, 4 4 f***ing 2.
But what options for a plan B that Engerland have never had.

Subs

Goalie (who knows who might start), BBM, Marshall, Jarrett, Gray, young lad at CB (sorry — forgotten his name)

Remind me — where are Wiseman and Done — not sure we would be much better off with them.

All about opinions. Just mine like
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024