Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 11:51 - Aug 31 with 1079 viewsRicardo

What we need most today is calm.

I know we are all eager to get some “big signings” and I also know we all want to address the apparent shortcomings in our team.

But — we need to continue to have trust in (and demonstrate support for) the management team and directors. I’m not sure where all the negatively towards our directors has come from by the way. Who said they were not prepared to splash the cash?

We are not a bad side. We don’t have bad players (admittedly some need to reach their potential). We don’t have a bad future — either on or off the pitch. We don’t have a management team who could be looking to leave (or be poached) every single day.

Rather - we are a team looking to build. We have a good number of good players. We have experience and youth. We have an excellent new coach and backroom staff. We have the best set of directors anybody could hope to work for (or fans to have). We have, believe it or not, the most loyal fans any club could wish to have (but not that many it has to be said).

Whats to worry?

Of course we need time for the club to (re)gel after the summer we had. Of course we need time for the excellent coach to become a manager. Of course we need to strengthen the team after the unfortunate departures. Of course there will be set backs. Of course we will have lows (unfortunately not Ryan!).

I could go on (and Mass Debater will say that I do — with the sh*t that comes with it). But it’s my opinion and I believe I’m entitled.

As fans we need to support this new team rochdale. For me — success is staying in L1 and then building from there. I’m sure I’m not the first to see dwindling attendances across the country - not just at ‘dale. All the more reason to keep that purse shut until the right deal arrives. Well done CD.

So — have faith. We could (should) have gone 1 all at Sheff W, came back well against Hudds, showed strength v Carlisle. Ok we outplayed Oldham until that incident — and where not at our best v Hartlepool. I think the last match illustrates how much our manager has to learn as much as we have to be patient — and shows he is settling in.

We all said it would be a difficult second season — way before this turmoil started. Why can’t we show it on t’internet?

Oh - Mass D - if you don't like it then ignore me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024