Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool fans. Scum. 00:09 - Jan 7 with 5101 viewsBeechy

Racially abusing Oldham's, Tom Adeyemi in tonight's game. Which really disgruntled the young lad and brought him to tears. Gerrard, Kuyt and the referee had to calm him down.

This isn't my main point. I was reading on a Liverpool forum, a few post from the incident. Is it me, or are scousers just cold blooded without an heart? All they was concerned about, was not to give the media anything to jump on them with. Or as one poster said, "They are just trying to put everything on us, It's always us".

Even better, the two lads who, and I will quote "allegedly" gave out the abuse, both was wearing the T-Shirts the Liverpool squad did two weeks ago, supporting the Suarez incident. Typical.

The words they shouted, have been reported by one of their own fans. "You f**king black bastard!"

Disgraceful.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 00:21 - Jan 7 with 4106 viewsDale_Pea

To tar all Liverpool fans with the same brush is pretty stupid. You could do that to ANY club in the country.

If the abuse in question actually happened, then those responsible should be punished and condemned. Not the club.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 00:24 - Jan 7 with 4084 viewschuckleberry

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 00:21 - Jan 7 by Dale_Pea

To tar all Liverpool fans with the same brush is pretty stupid. You could do that to ANY club in the country.

If the abuse in question actually happened, then those responsible should be punished and condemned. Not the club.

What he said.

At the moment we just have hearsay and conspiracy
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 00:56 - Jan 7 with 4044 viewsBeechy

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 00:21 - Jan 7 by Dale_Pea

I agree, it is pretty stupid and quite idiotic.

But how many times, do we see, and 'hear' things about them. But to see that young lad so upset tonight, just called it for me. It's not things we should be seeing in football.

Never in my life at Spotland, have I heard a racist remark aimed at a player. I just hope, whoever was around or in the presence of this idiots come forward and give information.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:02 - Jan 7 with 4028 viewsKenBoon

IMHO the behaviour of Liverpool Football Club and their manager over the last few weeks RE: Suarez has been disgusting, BUT nobody actually knows what happened tonight, and therefore folk shouldn't actually judge until they know the facts.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:03 - Jan 7 with 4030 viewsDale_Pea

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 00:56 - Jan 7 by Beechy

I agree, it is pretty stupid and quite idiotic.

But how many times, do we see, and 'hear' things about them. But to see that young lad so upset tonight, just called it for me. It's not things we should be seeing in football.

Never in my life at Spotland, have I heard a racist remark aimed at a player. I just hope, whoever was around or in the presence of this idiots come forward and give information.

I remember Nathan Abbey being racially abused from one of our own a few years ago in the WMG. But do I believe that that is representative of Rochdale as a football club? No. I believe it's representative of a half-wit who probably can't even tie his own shoelaces.

Your point about how many times it seems to be Liverpool fans just doesn't stick with me either. I admit to coming at this from a biased view as someone with a great fondness for Liverpool, but I don't think that means I'm having a blinkered view on this at all. This, for me, is pretty much an isolated incident at a football ground that very rarely is the location for any kind of fan trouble.

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:13 - Jan 7 with 4017 viewsmandale

I watched a game at Boundary Park in the 90s, when one of Oldham's season ticket holders in the main stand shouted that (prefixed by 'lazy') at Darren Beckford - who was playing for Oldham!! He was told to shut up, and I'm sure there were people at Anfield who told the idiots to shut up as well.

Every club has its idiots - and I'd agree Liverpool have not handled the Suarez situation well - but to label all their fans 'scum' is nearly as offensive as the behaviour you're (rightly) criticising. I would hate to be called 'scum' because a couple of Dale fans did something offensive.

I don't think the FA has handled the situation well either - someone else who used that language is captain of England. And of course, you can find a clip of Evra on YouTube shouting racist abuse out of a hotel window. Perhaps this means all Premier League footballers are 'scum'?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082524/Patrice-Evra-video-usi

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:16 - Jan 7 with 4008 viewsDale_Pea

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:13 - Jan 7 by mandale

I watched a game at Boundary Park in the 90s, when one of Oldham's season ticket holders in the main stand shouted that (prefixed by 'lazy') at Darren Beckford - who was playing for Oldham!! He was told to shut up, and I'm sure there were people at Anfield who told the idiots to shut up as well.

Every club has its idiots - and I'd agree Liverpool have not handled the Suarez situation well - but to label all their fans 'scum' is nearly as offensive as the behaviour you're (rightly) criticising. I would hate to be called 'scum' because a couple of Dale fans did something offensive.

I don't think the FA has handled the situation well either - someone else who used that language is captain of England. And of course, you can find a clip of Evra on YouTube shouting racist abuse out of a hotel window. Perhaps this means all Premier League footballers are 'scum'?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082524/Patrice-Evra-video-usi

Best post I've read on here in a long, long time.

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:19 - Jan 7 with 4008 viewsrich_dale

It is an isolated incident, as virtually all racism is in football these days, but it has a bigger magnitude because of what happened recently around the club's behaviour in defending Suarez.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:27 - Jan 7 with 3982 viewsKenBoon

Disagree about The FA's handling. They've done everything correctly. The decision was made by an independent commission, who explained the reasons - in over 100 pages! - and it all seemed more than fair. The FA do a lot of things badly, but this they've been spot on with.

John Terry has nothing to do with it, and is also a police matter at the moment, so hasn't even got to The FA.

I agree about the dangers of lumping all fans in as one, Barnsley recently experienced this. There's loads of clowns at Rochdale who shout hate. Homophobia is the current favourite - it'll get you banned at most Football grounds but it's a-ok at Spotland apparently.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:34 - Jan 7 with 3977 viewsBeechy

Can't agree here mate.

I feel the FA are a massive let down. Incidents, involving Rooney, Terry etc that more or less get brushed away.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:38 - Jan 7 with 3965 viewsKenBoon

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:34 - Jan 7 by Beechy

Can't agree here mate.

I feel the FA are a massive let down. Incidents, involving Rooney, Terry etc that more or less get brushed away.

Terry hasn't seen The FA yet. I'm not talking about incidents involving Rooney anyway, on the Suarez case they did their job properly and fairly. Hopefully a change for the future.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 07:59 - Jan 7 with 3877 viewsNotEyreClue

DIsgraceful behaviour (if true) and the fact that the two were alleged to be wearing shirts in support of Suarez says it all. If they're found guilty they should be banned from all football grounds for life.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 08:09 - Jan 7 with 3868 viewsColDale

I know of one hugely successful former Oldham manager who used that exact phrase to describe Beckford on numerous occasions according to a former OAFC employee who I used to work with.

Last night's incident is no different to what happened at Barnsley last week. An isolated incident by one or two people and had it not been for the Suarez stuff, it would not have made the headlines that it has.

That said, there does seem to be some sort of siege mentality amongst Liverpool supporters at the moment. I spent about half an hour reading their views on the Suarez v Evra stuff on RAWK the other night, and it seemed universally, their supporters do not accept the findings of the enquiry, and each to a man sees Suarez as being innocent. Perhaps the fact it has a Liverpool v Man U angle backs them into a corner, but they can't even consider the possibility that Suarez has acted in any way inappropriately.

Had one of our players been accused of racially abusing an opposition player, no matter how popular our player was and how dastardly we viewed the opposition player, I couldn't see us having blind faith in our own player, regardless of any evidence or inquiry to the contrary. And arguably, this isn't the first time that such an attitude has been shown by supporters of Liverpool.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 08:40 - Jan 7 with 3838 viewsNotEyreClue

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 08:09 - Jan 7 by ColDale

I know of one hugely successful former Oldham manager who used that exact phrase to describe Beckford on numerous occasions according to a former OAFC employee who I used to work with.

Last night's incident is no different to what happened at Barnsley last week. An isolated incident by one or two people and had it not been for the Suarez stuff, it would not have made the headlines that it has.

That said, there does seem to be some sort of siege mentality amongst Liverpool supporters at the moment. I spent about half an hour reading their views on the Suarez v Evra stuff on RAWK the other night, and it seemed universally, their supporters do not accept the findings of the enquiry, and each to a man sees Suarez as being innocent. Perhaps the fact it has a Liverpool v Man U angle backs them into a corner, but they can't even consider the possibility that Suarez has acted in any way inappropriately.

Had one of our players been accused of racially abusing an opposition player, no matter how popular our player was and how dastardly we viewed the opposition player, I couldn't see us having blind faith in our own player, regardless of any evidence or inquiry to the contrary. And arguably, this isn't the first time that such an attitude has been shown by supporters of Liverpool.

Spot on. I have a huge distaste for Liverpool fans, owing to the fact that they always try and make themselves out to be the victims. If the Suarez incident had happened at any other club with any other player they'd be condemning it like there's no tomorrow. Suarez is clearly an awesome player but let's face it, his history is longer than Crouch's legs..not to mention the fact that he's been found GUILTY by the F.A and yet the majority of Liverpool fans (from who I've seen or talked to) still think they're the victims of some nationwide conspiracy.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 10:22 - Jan 7 with 3735 viewsRalphs12

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 08:40 - Jan 7 by NotEyreClue

Spot on. I have a huge distaste for Liverpool fans, owing to the fact that they always try and make themselves out to be the victims. If the Suarez incident had happened at any other club with any other player they'd be condemning it like there's no tomorrow. Suarez is clearly an awesome player but let's face it, his history is longer than Crouch's legs..not to mention the fact that he's been found GUILTY by the F.A and yet the majority of Liverpool fans (from who I've seen or talked to) still think they're the victims of some nationwide conspiracy.

Agreed. It's not all the fans, but some of the comments from some sections of the fans are beyond belief. Obviously every club has these morons.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 10:34 - Jan 7 with 3710 viewsfrenzied

im sure theyll blame chelsea fans as they did at Heysel all those years ago......its a tiny minority most clubs even ours has em but at least with cctv etc we can pick them out and deal with em
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 10:40 - Jan 7 with 3698 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 08:40 - Jan 7 by NotEyreClue

The Fans:
Liverpool fans do seem to have this belief that they are loved in football, seen as the cheeky 'happy go lucky scousers' (quite how many Liverpudlians watch the team play compared to out-of-towners I don't know), but whenever controversy surrounds them...they are always the victims, always the most hard done by folk.

DalePea said earlier - "This, for me, is pretty much an isolated incident at a football ground that very rarely is the location for any kind of fan trouble."

I would agree with this largely as even Liverpool fans are not stupid enough to sh*te on their own doorstep, they cause trouble (reported and unreported) across the UK and Europe.

The Club:
Because of their success on the field between the mid-60s and early-90s there is an opinion that they are deserving of preferential treatment every step of the way and when some governing body would dare to punish them for wrongdoing...well, it's an absolute injustice and the football world has gone mad, they're incapable, they're making an example of Liverpool because of 'who they are'..!

If it wasn't for the inception of the ridiculously named 'Champions League' then Liverpool would be out in the footballing wilderness as they are incapable of winning their domestic league. The most Liverpool can hope for in amongst spending multi-millions is to finish 4th in the league which is an achievement because of the European financial rewards it brings.

By the way....do Liverpool fans still have a major issue against American owners who know nothing about football and don't have Liverpudlian blood in their veins...? It's all gone quiet on that front since the new American owner took over...
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 10:55 - Jan 7 with 3684 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 10:34 - Jan 7 by frenzied

im sure theyll blame chelsea fans as they did at Heysel all those years ago......its a tiny minority most clubs even ours has em but at least with cctv etc we can pick them out and deal with em

Hang on...I thought it was West Ham fans at Heysel...?

...but who was to blame for Hillsborough (check the CCTV!) Istanbul, Athens, Napoli....
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 11:21 - Jan 7 with 3640 viewsisitme

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 10:22 - Jan 7 by Ralphs12

Agreed. It's not all the fans, but some of the comments from some sections of the fans are beyond belief. Obviously every club has these morons.

Hey this season I heard some of our supporters racially abuse our and opposition players. Last season there was an ugly incident with a steward, but as others have said it the is individuals not the clubs fault.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 12:58 - Jan 7 with 3529 viewsdalenumber2

Can't believe the sweeping statements about scousers being racist - surely this is the same mentality as racism. Hypocrites.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 14:00 - Jan 7 with 3457 viewsSuddenLad

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 12:58 - Jan 7 by dalenumber2

Can't believe the sweeping statements about scousers being racist - surely this is the same mentality as racism. Hypocrites.

Correct.

So, of a crowd of 44,556, ONE lunatic shouts racist abuse, and suddenly all Liverpool fans are racist scum.

What an utterly ignorant way to portray what happened.

This sort of crap is shouted in almost all football grounds week in - week out by brain dead idiots who know no better. It no more reflects on the rest of the attendance than it does on the club that the morons claim to support.

It reflects on the individual responsible for spouting the sh!te - nobody else. We have more than our share of morons on the terraces at Spotland, so let's not go accusing clubs elsewhere, and trying to taint everyone for the actions of individuals.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 14:57 - Jan 7 with 3387 viewsArthurDaley

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 01:03 - Jan 7 by Dale_Pea

I remember Nathan Abbey being racially abused from one of our own a few years ago in the WMG. But do I believe that that is representative of Rochdale as a football club? No. I believe it's representative of a half-wit who probably can't even tie his own shoelaces.

Your point about how many times it seems to be Liverpool fans just doesn't stick with me either. I admit to coming at this from a biased view as someone with a great fondness for Liverpool, but I don't think that means I'm having a blinkered view on this at all. This, for me, is pretty much an isolated incident at a football ground that very rarely is the location for any kind of fan trouble.

The Referee Mr Prosser said he was surprised at the complaint made by Abbey.
As he had never heard any racist comments, at any of the games he reffed at Dale.

A large VAT Dave

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 15:02 - Jan 7 with 3374 viewsBobbyjoe

I had the dubious pleasure of sitting in the Chaddy End for Oldham v Tranmere season before last. A young man sitting nearby was dishing out racist bile to the black Tranmere players with impunity, thinking himself a real wit (and indifferent to the black players in the Oldham team!). Straight out of the seventies. Thankfully, peer-pressure has gone a long way to making such behaviour the exception rather than the rule.
Liverpool fans. Scum. on 15:06 - Jan 7 with 3365 viewsArthurDaley

Its in the Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083403/Liverpool-racism-allegations-Pol

A large VAT Dave

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 16:01 - Jan 7 with 3296 viewsClivert

Liverpool fans. Scum. on 14:57 - Jan 7 by ArthurDaley

The Referee Mr Prosser said he was surprised at the complaint made by Abbey.
As he had never heard any racist comments, at any of the games he reffed at Dale.

If I remember correctly, The WMG were booing Abbey due to his time wasting antics when taking goal kicks, he complained that the boos were monkey chants.

We did have one well known idiot shouting racist abuse one home game last season who was promptly shouted down by those around him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024