Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All ticket games 11:12 - Mar 4 with 4988 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Oldham and Sheff United. It would be nice to try and get a few more in for these games - disappointing but expected low home attendance yesterday.

It costs £600 for a space for 7 days in Rochdale exchange.
http://www.forumcentrespace.com/pdfs/Rochdale%20Exchange,%20Rochdale.pdf

We have already spent money on a new Desmond the dragon so lets use him. Logically that means employing 2 people for 7 days at minimum wage to try and pester people into buying tickets

Which means we'd have to have a good supply of pre-printed tickets at the stand ready to give people (I'm not suggesting we buy costly mobile ticket printing equipment but I think that should be considered for the future)

These thoughts bring up two questions for me. Would anyone in Rochdale be tempted to by one? I think we'd have to reduce the cost anywhere in the ground to £15 for adults and £5 for kids. I appreciate that would mean making arrangements for those already with tickets obtaining a partial refund. This could be done in a form of credit on a later fixture such as the Exeter or MK games.

The second question is is the Exchange good value for money - is it worth it? Are there alternative locations? I think the busiest places in Rochdale are the supermarkets!

When you weight in the initial investment in a sales stand you have to consider whether this is something we would want to do before every all ticket game to try and boost those attendances/run promotions at the same time. Once you've got the stand you just need to reinvest in the poster a couple of times per year...
http://www.printdesigns.com/outdoor-banner-stands/79-blizzard-banner-stand.html

I know we've been here before and most will be sick of these type of ideas but it seems logical to start combining all ticket matches with match promotions and tickets available in Rochdale town centre rather than just the ticket office.

Something to think about anyway.
All ticket games on 11:43 - Mar 4 with 4952 viewsfrenzied

moving the sheff utd game to tues night is a sure fire way of keeping the numbers down ...i think it was a police decision to move it from the easter monday time of 3,00 pm which would have put far more bums on seats
All ticket games on 12:15 - Mar 4 with 4928 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

we should promote the last 6 in 2 different packages

for Example Package 1

Buy Two get one Half Price

Buy Oldham Athletic & Tranmere Rovers get Walsall half price on production of both ticket stubbs

The club will have to have ticket on the turnstiles or were you have to collect the 2 games from the office

for example package 2

Get 15% Off Last Game

Buy Sheffield United & Exeter City and get a 15% off Mk Dons

Example package 3

The Fantastic Five Deal

Buy Oldham Athletic, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Sheffield United & Exeter City for £40 Adult & £25 Concession

Example Package 4

The Remaining 6

Oldham Athletic, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Sheffield United, Exeter City & Mk Dons

Buy all 6 games for £45 and get a discount off Season Ticket 2012-2013

Example Package 5

This One came from Oldham

the WIN, WIN, WIN deal - 3 different coloured vouchers are given out on the turnstiles but the only catch is Rochdale have to win all 3 home games

Tranmere Rovers would be voucher 1, Walsall voucher 2, Exeter voucher 3 which would be the free game

Just a few idea's for the club to mess with
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

All ticket games on 14:08 - Mar 4 with 4849 viewsTVOS1907

All ticket games on 12:15 - Mar 4 by DaleAwaydayBot

we should promote the last 6 in 2 different packages

for Example Package 1

Buy Two get one Half Price

Buy Oldham Athletic & Tranmere Rovers get Walsall half price on production of both ticket stubbs

The club will have to have ticket on the turnstiles or were you have to collect the 2 games from the office

for example package 2

Get 15% Off Last Game

Buy Sheffield United & Exeter City and get a 15% off Mk Dons

Example package 3

The Fantastic Five Deal

Buy Oldham Athletic, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Sheffield United & Exeter City for £40 Adult & £25 Concession

Example Package 4

The Remaining 6

Oldham Athletic, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, Sheffield United, Exeter City & Mk Dons

Buy all 6 games for £45 and get a discount off Season Ticket 2012-2013

Example Package 5

This One came from Oldham

the WIN, WIN, WIN deal - 3 different coloured vouchers are given out on the turnstiles but the only catch is Rochdale have to win all 3 home games

Tranmere Rovers would be voucher 1, Walsall voucher 2, Exeter voucher 3 which would be the free game

Just a few idea's for the club to mess with

Leyton Orient is an away game, Taz.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

All ticket games on 14:27 - Mar 4 with 4831 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

All ticket games on 14:08 - Mar 4 by TVOS1907

Leyton Orient is an away game, Taz.

I corrected it

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

All ticket games on 16:21 - Mar 4 with 4750 viewswindowsbug

Can't we sell tickets through the Co-op network of stores, there must be a way of doing it.
All ticket games on 16:33 - Mar 4 with 4734 viewsChaffRAFC

All ticket games on 16:21 - Mar 4 by windowsbug

Can't we sell tickets through the Co-op network of stores, there must be a way of doing it.

We could but nobody shops at the bloody co-op because it's too expensive!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

All ticket games on 20:48 - Mar 4 with 4634 viewswindowsbug

All ticket games on 16:33 - Mar 4 by ChaffRAFC

We could but nobody shops at the bloody co-op because it's too expensive!

You need not buy anything but a ticket. People won't travel out of their way just to buy a ticket, at least this will make tickets more accessible to more people.
All ticket games on 20:54 - Mar 4 with 4620 viewsmacro

why not just a plain simple buy tickets for any 2 and get third match free
Login to get fewer ads

All ticket games on 23:15 - Mar 4 with 4557 viewsdale_upon_tyne

I'd forgotten all about the Co-op.

I'm sure for direct sales over the counter there would be a lot of red tape ... not least how do we provide the tickets? Though a till receipt that you exchange for a ticket on match day seems the most logical.

On this and future All ticket game promotions - Could we reach an agreement with the Co-op to attend a different store every day for 7 days with Desmond and a stand flogging tickets outside the store?

Still think we need a simple ticket promotion such as the £15 and £5 one mentioned and a "roll up roll up" sales person along with desmond to make any impact on new sales.

Come on commercial team - get thinking and get working with the Co-op! Otherwise they may just think that it is not worth botherin with us when it comes to re-negotiating shirt sponsors when the current deal ends!
All ticket games on 07:41 - Mar 5 with 4516 viewswindowsbug

Everyones missing the point.
the average bod who may go to 2-3 of the bigger games a year, will NOT trudge up to Spotland just to get a ticket.
There has to be more outlets.
All ticket games on 12:16 - Mar 5 with 4456 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

been saying it since beginning of the season and at our fans forum Where's our online ticketing what were promised to be done 8 weeks after Rochdale please stop swepping it under the rug!!

Its a issue what needs sorting every other club in League One/League Two has Online Ticketing now including our friends at Accrington Stanley and as far down as Conference!!

All ticket games on 13:58 - Mar 5 with 4393 viewsdale_upon_tyne

All ticket games on 07:41 - Mar 5 by windowsbug

Everyones missing the point.
the average bod who may go to 2-3 of the bigger games a year, will NOT trudge up to Spotland just to get a ticket.
There has to be more outlets.

In fairness the two things are separate.

One is about promoting certain games to new(ish) fans, the other is a mechanism for selling tickets to existing fans that can't be arsed driving to Spotland.

I agree it seems useful that the Co-op could assist us with both if pursued by the club.

Otherwise the status quo will remain with both new, regular and casual fans missing all ticket games because of lack of promotion and lack of convenient sales locations.
All ticket games on 14:08 - Mar 5 with 4384 viewsjudd

All ticket games on 13:58 - Mar 5 by dale_upon_tyne

In fairness the two things are separate.

One is about promoting certain games to new(ish) fans, the other is a mechanism for selling tickets to existing fans that can't be arsed driving to Spotland.

I agree it seems useful that the Co-op could assist us with both if pursued by the club.

Otherwise the status quo will remain with both new, regular and casual fans missing all ticket games because of lack of promotion and lack of convenient sales locations.

I believe the club will take telephone orders for tickets to be collected on the actual matchday.

You're welcome.

Poll: What is it to be then?

All ticket games on 14:02 - Mar 6 with 4299 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Now that's just missing half the point!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024