Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabrice muamba 19:33 - Mar 17 with 1604 viewsranger99

Just thought I should give him a mention and pray that he battles through . Sorry if there have already been a thread about this. Best wishes
Fabrice muamba on 20:53 - Mar 18 with 1421 viewsRed_Ranger

from what i read and hear his heart stopped beating for a couple of hours. firstly it flipping amazing that the medics can get it going again and secondly, surely the brain must be seriously damage through lack of oxygen. Anyone know about this sort of stuff?
Fabrice muamba on 22:19 - Mar 18 with 1333 viewsBrumHoop

Fabrice muamba on 20:53 - Mar 18 by Red_Ranger

from what i read and hear his heart stopped beating for a couple of hours. firstly it flipping amazing that the medics can get it going again and secondly, surely the brain must be seriously damage through lack of oxygen. Anyone know about this sort of stuff?

It really is a lottery. He may have a conduction defect in his heart or disease called HOCM (wikipedia it). If they got some good CPR in early then sometimes you can make a really good recovery. But as I say its a lottery... and its not just the brain that can be affected... name an organ, kidneys, gut, etc can all be knocked off. I don't work in intensive care so i'm no expert.

As I say, absolute lottery. All you can do is hope for the best.

Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Fabrice muamba on 22:49 - Mar 18 with 1300 viewscarrotcrunch_R

i think the heart was beating on and off for two hours aided with the tremendous help from the medics after that it was able to beat unaided (thats what i heard) . I just hope he will be able too recover without any organs damage fingers crossed
Fabrice muamba on 23:02 - Mar 18 with 1277 viewsTheBlob

The fact that they kept his lungs working has probably stopped brain damage.It varies from individual to individual,I've heard of people that have stopped breathing for half an hour or more and emerged unscathed.
Fingers still crossed,even though more than 24 hours.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fabrice muamba on 08:02 - Mar 19 with 1215 viewsJHoop

It really makes our relegation battle seem absolutely insignificant when things like this happen. Come on Muamba, you can pull through.
Fabrice muamba on 08:43 - Mar 19 with 1197 viewsJonDoeman

Not heard much about SKY reporting he was stable, bit out of order.

It Is What It Is !!

Fabrice muamba on 08:50 - Mar 19 with 1189 viewsJamie

Fabrice muamba on 08:43 - Mar 19 by JonDoeman

Not heard much about SKY reporting he was stable, bit out of order.

Everyone knows Sky will report anything to be 'first'. Most likely a hospital worker advised the media his heart had been restarted and Sky took that as being 'stable'.
Fabrice muamba on 15:44 - Mar 19 with 1129 viewsHayesender

Apparently his heart is now beating without medication.

Keep fighting lad, keep fighting

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Fabrice muamba on 17:55 - Mar 19 with 1108 viewsWanderR

Hughes on Muamba:

Current location: OX10

Fabrice muamba on 20:59 - Mar 19 with 1064 viewsJonDoeman

Pray For MUAMBA ‏ @PrayFor_FMuamba
Muamba is speaking in English and in French and also recongnising the people visiting him including @swp29 and @IAmJermainDefoe #Pray4Muamba

It Is What It Is !!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024