Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct 00:02 - May 18 with 1779 viewsBlueWhiteHoops

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_miscondu

Could save a few quid?
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 00:06 - May 18 with 1764 viewssmegma

'Could be' being the operative words.
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 00:17 - May 18 with 1724 viewsDylanP

That is a completely nothing article. Some lawyer, with no real knowledge about the facts of the case, gives his opinion that depending what is in Barton's contract, QPR might be able to sack him -- and that is the basis of an article?? Must have been a very slow news day!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 02:27 - May 18 with 1668 viewstimcocking

Let's hope so.

I'm not the most anti JB by any stretch of the imagination. I've always quite liked him for some reason and i'm not that bothered about things like this red card stuff (if we'd been relegated i'd be bothered though). But if we could actually sack him, and he'd be free of our club without costing us money, i'd say do it asap. Needless hassle.

An individual probably should be sacked for assaulting multiple people at their workplace.

It's not on the pitch i object to him as much, it's his big mouth.
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 09:23 - May 18 with 1516 viewsswisscottage

qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 00:17 - May 18 by DylanP

That is a completely nothing article. Some lawyer, with no real knowledge about the facts of the case, gives his opinion that depending what is in Barton's contract, QPR might be able to sack him -- and that is the basis of an article?? Must have been a very slow news day!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I think 260million saw the facts of the case live on TV.
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 09:41 - May 18 with 1478 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

They wouldn't have announced an internal investigation if they weren't seriously considering the gross misconduct route.

What's to investigate? The contract, the legal precedents, the financial consequences of the various possible outcomes, whether Joey's assertion that a team-mate encouraged him is true, if false (or true for that matter) whether that in itself is an aggravating factor bringing the club into disrepute.

TF, AB, MH and Philip Beard strike me as the types that might go for dismissal in the long term interests of the club.
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 09:44 - May 18 with 1452 viewsJamie

If you ignore Gross Misconduct, 'Bring the club into disrepute' is easy to prove.

260m viewers watching, club desperate to build a brand, captain gets sent off, loses mind and goes ballistic.

Hardly going to improve the brand image back in 'our Tone's homeland.
qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 10:00 - May 18 with 1419 viewsjonno

qpr_skipper_could_be_sacked_for_gross_misconduct on 09:41 - May 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

They wouldn't have announced an internal investigation if they weren't seriously considering the gross misconduct route.

What's to investigate? The contract, the legal precedents, the financial consequences of the various possible outcomes, whether Joey's assertion that a team-mate encouraged him is true, if false (or true for that matter) whether that in itself is an aggravating factor bringing the club into disrepute.

TF, AB, MH and Philip Beard strike me as the types that might go for dismissal in the long term interests of the club.

Whether one of his team mates suggested he attack another player is entirely irrelevant and will not come into it. The bad conduct was his, and his alone.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024