Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond 16:41 - May 21 with 4003 viewsSpeediesdouble

keep up the good work, by the way would you like some crisps with that bitter ?

Anyway I'm all about love and peace spent a weekend with some top lads and met stacks of rivals who were sweet as before the game and nothing but congratulatory after even though they were clearly gutted....i think we could all learn something there.

Much Love to all and good luck for next season.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 22:02 - May 21 with 727 viewsRangersAreBack

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 18:50 - May 21 by AgedR

Walking past a young lad in a Chelsea top, with my 8 year old to get a chinese after the Everton draw, he proceeded to call us "Rangers scum".

Sorry Mr Speedie, but, there is a whole history of unpleasantness that your, admittedly decent, comments will have to overcome. From me being jostled to the floor as an 10 year old in the Loft when you lot scored, now moving to the next generation with my boy being scared getting a take away with his Dad.

On the plus side, you have supplanted a vile, racist, hooligan image with a nouvou riche, cheating, anti-football one; lacking any class or humility.

Well done!

P.S. Remember how much we all admired and were entertained when Greece won the Euros? That's you lot. The new Greece of football, quickly forgotten and soon bankcrupt.

Exactly what I was thinking earlier! Chelsea's champions league campaign reminded me of Greece at Euro 2004. It's always a sad day for football when defensive grit overcomes attacking flair.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 22:50 - May 21 with 705 viewsJuzzie

Except that Greece didn't cost some £500million to put together.

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 23:02 - May 21 with 699 viewsPeterHucker

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 23:26 - May 21 with 690 viewssmegma

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on finishing 6th in a 4 horse race. Thats some achievement having spent more than a small African country.

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on winning the FA Cup, especially after they had to cheat their way to a penalty to beat 'little' QPR . Some achievement.

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on winning the Champions League. You know that competition for Champions.Which they weren't .

I'd like to congratulate Chelsea on all 3 acghievemments . But I won't.
Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 04:10 - May 22 with 675 viewsSydneyRs

Great stuff on here from the weekend and beyond on 17:52 - May 21 by Speediesdouble

You need to rise above it or it will eat you up inside.

Fair point about the increased fan base, comes with the territory though. What do you think will happen if QPR start winning trophies ? Will you stop following them because you have more fans ?

As for the "nothing club" yes we had some bad times, but still historically Chelsea have the 5th largest average home attendance in football, not bad considering the dire period we had. Also in the 5-8 years leading up to Roman buying the club Chelsea had won 2 FA cups, 1 League cup, 1 European Cup Winners Cup, 1 Super Cup, had reached the QF stage of the Champions League and were already qualified for that years Champions league, also hadn't been out of thetop six in about 7-8 seasons...."nothing club" hardly. You may hate us but get things in perspective.

Those years leading up to Roman buying the club were while you were being bankrolled by Matthew Harding's money, you weren't exactly paupers then either. Then Mr Abramovich came along and gave you an unmatched player budget which only Man City in the last year or two have got close to.

Despite this it has taken until now to win a trophy you should probably have won at least 3 times given all the investment. Its not that big an achievement given the circumstances and I expect Man City as the new moneybags team to do much better over the next decade.

I didn't see the final but by all accounts it was very one sided and Bayern blew it (like Barca in the semi) through poor finishing. Robben followed up blowing a massive chance to win the world cup final for his country in extra time by doing the same in the champs league final. A choker.

Anyway, what now for Chelsea? Unless the squad us vastly improved there is no chance of retaining the cup and the prem seems City's for the forseeable.

As for Terry, everybody knows what he is. A very good football player but an awful human being. He is where he belongs.

Di Matteo won't last the season if he keeps the job. A few lucky knockout wins and some team spirit won't cut it week in week out. Even Avram Grant managed to look reasonable over a similar period a few years back. West Ham bought it, nobody else did.

Around a decade of Abramovich money and one lucky win to show for it. Liverpool will feel good no longer being the worst side to win it, but at least they did it showing some attacking intent.

Perhaps anyone who watched Doug Rougvie and Robert Fleck play deserves a bit of joy from this, but most don't even know who they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024