Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Osborne booed at Paralympics 21:32 - Sep 3 with 3982 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 11:11 - Sep 4 with 1064 viewsdoogi55

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 10:55 - Sep 4 by nadera78

More likely to be that Osborne's introduced new testing on disabled people claiming benefits that have produced some very odd results. And then turns up at the Paralympics expecting to be welcomed.

dont forget shut remploy where at least they worked for some money .well it all labours fault nothing to do with the banks either he is the worse chancellor since lamott
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 11:19 - Sep 4 with 1054 viewsHAYESBOY

What a 8ellend that Osbourne is.

The way he smuggly smiles when he sees himself on the big screen.

How he has the gonads to show up i will never know.

Smells like a trout farm in here

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 12:49 - Sep 4 with 1005 viewshoopdog

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 09:21 - Sep 4 by smegma

Sherman is rhyming slang for a 5 knuckle shuffle. Did you mean septic?

I always thought it was a J Arthur [rank]
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 1000 viewssmegma

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 12:49 - Sep 4 by hoopdog

I always thought it was a J Arthur [rank]

Its both.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 994 viewshoopdog

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Now that we don't have fox and stag hunting this new sport of attacking the disabled and the weakest is a jolly good wheeze don't you know
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 13:11 - Sep 4 with 975 viewsTacticalR

Like David Cameron and Boris Johnson, George Osborne was a member of The Bullingdon Club, so trained to rule:
http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/03/14/the-bullingdon-club

Air hostess clique

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 945 viewsTHEBUSH

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 13:11 - Sep 4 by TacticalR

Like David Cameron and Boris Johnson, George Osborne was a member of The Bullingdon Club, so trained to rule:

I don't know about anyone else, but when I see that lot, it makes me want to vomit.
Each one to their own I suppose, but I could never vote for any of them, that lot are creepy.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 13:45 - Sep 4 with 939 viewsHayesender

Where there's a cnt, there's a Rothschild

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 14:07 - Sep 4 with 922 viewsrobith

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 10:14 - Sep 4 by Suffolk

Ignorance. People who have to perform unpopular tasks become unpopular. Churchill was unpopular throughout this land prior to WW2. History provides a better appraisal of politicians.

Yes he was. Because he had been a disaster in office previously and had become a political nobody. He then became popular for his actions during the war. I don't see how this supports your point - though he must be one of the only war leaders ever to lose a victory bounce election
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 14:31 - Sep 4 with 893 viewssimmo

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 13:11 - Sep 4 by TacticalR

Does anybody remember that episode of Red Dwarf where they can jump into the photographs they have?

Well id love to windmill into that one keys in hand.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 14:35 - Sep 4 with 890 viewsrobith

How he even had the gall to show up given the impact his "reforms" (a word generally meant to mean making things better) have had on the disabled, I do not know.

Also great to see the old "Labour overspent" myth flying around

They ran a surplus to 2001, the ran deficit's less than the preceding Conservative govt. That is until the collapse of tax receipts in 2008 and the bailout and stimulus funds in 2009, which whilst not hugely successful, were the reason why we didn't end up with a 1929 style depression.

The problem I have with Gorgeous George is that he is flying in the face of sensible economic theory. Cuts have to be made, I don't disagree with that. But the quickest route to curbing deficits is through cultivating growth, which he steadfastedly refused to do.

Instead he continues to withdraw public funds from the economy at the same time as private funds contract, which is exacerbating the problem. I don't think as CliveAnderson said we need to "throw cash around like idiots" but we do need a solution beyond laying off 500k public workers (and thus removing them from the economy) and hoping a contracting private arena magics up jobs for them.

The result - the economy continues to shrink and he has to borrow even more.

As the Telegraph said - George Osborne; your go to man when you need someone stupid with a public school education
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:10 - Sep 4 with 847 viewsQPR_Jim

That information is pointless it takes no account for the state of the economy, the key figure is what is our spending as a % of GDP.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:25 - Sep 4 with 831 viewssexton

Well Osborne had a nerve showing his smug little face at the Paralympics after what this government has done for the disabled: cutting benefits and closing Remploy factories.

The government's dirty work in forcing back to work people who are unable to work is being carried out by Atos - a company that is laughably a Paralympic 'sponsor'. Google it if you don't know the heartbreaking, disgusting story.

80,000 people weren't mugs. A proud moment to be British, and we've had a few of those over the last few weeks.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:29 - Sep 4 with 825 viewssexton

Well Osborne had a nerve showing his smug little face at the Paralympics after what this government has done for the disabled: cutting benefits and closing Remploy factories.

The government's dirty work in forcing back to work people who are unable to work is being carried out by Atos - a company that is laughably a Paralympic 'sponsor'. Google it if you don't know the heartbreaking, disgusting story.

80,000 people weren't mugs. A proud moment to be British, and we've had a few of those over the last few weeks.

So angry I posted it twice - sorry guys!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:34 - Sep 4 with 813 viewshoopdog

Yes on the disabled and the weakest in society to take lion share of it in yours and Gidions view then
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:50 - Sep 4 with 797 viewsQPR_Jim

"After inflation government spending went up around 60%"

Around 60%. So you said it doubled before being challenged and have now come back with a more accurate measure of around 60%. I know you qualified your figures by saying in nominal terms but you clearly chose that data to make it sound worse.

So spending went up by 60% in a period which included a banking crisis, maybe some of the money was wasteful spending by labour but the money spent on remploy was, in my opinion, not wasted. Either way you cut it Osborne deserved what he got.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:59 - Sep 4 with 791 viewshoopdog

It's clear your'e a tory supporter thats fair enough but when you come on this thread which is about Gidion having the gall to indulge his ego by presenting himself at the award presentation yesterday and then give the impression you are defending tory cuts you do your whole argument no credit at all
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 16:19 - Sep 4 with 775 viewsTacticalR

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 15:59 - Sep 4 by hoopdog

It's clear your'e a tory supporter thats fair enough but when you come on this thread which is about Gidion having the gall to indulge his ego by presenting himself at the award presentation yesterday and then give the impression you are defending tory cuts you do your whole argument no credit at all

On another thread Clive Anderson stated that he doesn't vote for the Tories. He merely defends them. Quite why he feels the need to defend the party he doesn't vote for is an interesting question, and we can only speculate on how ardent his defence of a party that he did actually vote for would be!

Air hostess clique

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 931 viewsQPR_Jim

I know you said nominally double that's why I said "I know you qualified your figures by saying in nominal terms but you clearly chose that data to make it sound worse." My problem with it is that it didn't take you long to work out that with inflation it was around 60%, so you clearly chose the doubled figure to make it sound worse.

Why would you bring up nominal figures anyway, they mean nothing on their own by your own admission so what was it intended to support or prove?

At least we can agree Osborne is an idiot and QPR is the best club in the world.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 16:45 - Sep 4 with 922 viewsrobith

To whit, you haven't provided a reposte.

You've talked about absolute spending but overspending which is spending what you haven't got. They ran a surplus, then a deficit lower than the previous Conservative govt. The significant bulk of the deficit comes from the bailout and stimulus packages.

You seem to have read the phrase "labour overspent myth" and sadly ignored the rest of my post. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how to stimulate growth in a contracting economy by going fiscal cold turkey - because clearly the current route is not working
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 17:09 - Sep 4 with 905 viewsQPR_Jim

Well the figures mean nothing without some form of context so you wasn't making a point.

It took you 10min to spot my post and reply with a more relevant figure, so it couldn't have been that hard to give the more relevant information in the first place.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 22:39 - Sep 4 with 843 viewsDaiHo0p

It's a myth that Labour overspent.
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 22:51 - Sep 4 with 838 viewswaveydave

I don't think he should have been there nevermind laughing
George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 23:55 - Sep 4 with 830 viewsDylanP

I don't know about the rest of it, but this piece may be the daftest thing I have heard in a while:

"To get growth first bad institutions need to go bust. The government needs to stop propping up bankrupt banks, corporations and any other zombie institution that is sucking all the money out of the economy and crowding out genuine businesses. "

What are you one? Zombie institutions sucking the money out of the economy and crowding out genuine businesses????? Are you serious? That is sucha aload of nonsense that it is completely laughable.

GM was about to go bankrupt when it was bailed out by the US govmt. It is now thriving and making record profits. The bailout of the auto industry cost the US government $15 billion all of which was loans that wuill have to be paid back over time. If GM and Chrysler had been allowed to go under it would have meant an estimated 1.5 million additional job losses. If each of those car worker paid only 10K a year in taxes, then the govmt would recoup the bailout funds in one year. That doesn't even begin to talk about the impact the job losses would have on the overall economy. OIn contrast, right now the car industry is making record profits, all those workers are spending their wages in the economy, paying taxes to keep the govmt's coffers filled, and so one.

Zombie businesses! Really?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

George Osborne booed at Paralympics on 00:01 - Sep 5 with 821 viewsDaiHo0p

Capitalistism don't work and has failed? Can't recall the question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024