Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We was shocking!!! 08:55 - Nov 14 with 3788 viewswehateoldham

What was last night all about? I'm calling the witch hunt back on but not just for cav but every single player!!! The highlight of the night was 2 fans arguing in the pub! Sick of spendIng hard earned cash when they get paid to play like that! And anyone disagrees then you was at a diffrent game!!

FOOTBALL IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ITS MUCH MORE THAN THAT

We was shocking!!! on 11:24 - Nov 14 with 3666 viewssweetcorn

ONLY SIXTH IN THE TABLE. ZOMG. WTF. YOU'RE RIGHT, GET YOUR GUN WE GOT A WITCH HUNT.

Head. wobble. please.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We was shocking!!! on 12:12 - Nov 14 with 3620 viewswehateoldham

We was shocking!!! on 11:24 - Nov 14 by sweetcorn

ONLY SIXTH IN THE TABLE. ZOMG. WTF. YOU'RE RIGHT, GET YOUR GUN WE GOT A WITCH HUNT.

Head. wobble. please.

I hope you was there to witness how s*it we was!! Then you might think twice about posting the league table and would actully agree with what I said!!! So now you my 'friend' go "take your head for a wobble"

We was shocking!!! on 12:14 - Nov 14 with 3616 viewsTVOS1907

We was shocking!!! on 12:12 - Nov 14 by wehateoldham

I hope you was there to witness how s*it we was!! Then you might think twice about posting the league table and would actully agree with what I said!!! So now you my 'friend' go "take your head for a wobble"

Last night was awful - FACT.

The league table is FACT.

What happens next, nobody knows, but you can't have it both ways.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We was shocking!!! on 12:22 - Nov 14 with 3594 viewsMoonyDale

We was shocking!!! on 12:14 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

Last night was awful - FACT.

The league table is FACT.

What happens next, nobody knows, but you can't have it both ways.

TVOS how can we play so badly at home on more than one occasion this season and be so high in the table based mostly on away form, I just don't fathom the disparity between the two. Could it be the expectation from the fast emptying terraces? or is it just down to formation at home? earlier in the season at home it was remarked upon how often we took the opportunity to pepper the oppositions goal, last night it seemed as though nobody wanted the responsibility to have a go.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

We was shocking!!! on 12:26 - Nov 14 with 3580 viewsTVOS1907

We was shocking!!! on 12:22 - Nov 14 by MoonyDale

TVOS how can we play so badly at home on more than one occasion this season and be so high in the table based mostly on away form, I just don't fathom the disparity between the two. Could it be the expectation from the fast emptying terraces? or is it just down to formation at home? earlier in the season at home it was remarked upon how often we took the opportunity to pepper the oppositions goal, last night it seemed as though nobody wanted the responsibility to have a go.

No idea, Moony.

It's a great source of frustration and I'm not well enough up on tactics, formations, etc, so know why there is such a big difference.

But it's certainly not good.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We was shocking!!! on 12:40 - Nov 14 with 3541 viewssweetcorn

We was shocking!!! on 12:12 - Nov 14 by wehateoldham

yes I was there, as I have been for every other home game this season. A bad performance doesn't make a season and suggest a witch hunt after one loss is quite moronic. If that was the case sir alex and roberto macini may have found themselves out of jobs this season after some bad displays.

The league table does not lie and we're currently the sixth best. i'd take that come the end of the season.

We was shocking!!! on 12:48 - Nov 14 with 3529 viewswehateoldham

We was shocking!!! on 12:40 - Nov 14 by sweetcorn

yes I was there, as I have been for every other home game this season. A bad performance doesn't make a season and suggest a witch hunt after one loss is quite moronic. If that was the case sir alex and roberto macini may have found themselves out of jobs this season after some bad displays.

The league table does not lie and we're currently the sixth best. i'd take that come the end of the season.

One loss??? Are you having a being serious? This is down to more than "one loss" we have lost quite a few games in our own back yard!! We are out of every cup and no doubt will finish mid table! It pisses me off that good folk like ourselves work hard for our money and if we don't we lose our job but if you play for Rochdale and play shit you get defended by deluded fans!!!

We was shocking!!! on 12:59 - Nov 14 with 3512 viewssweetcorn

We was shocking!!! on 12:48 - Nov 14 by wehateoldham

One loss??? Are you having a being serious? This is down to more than "one loss" we have lost quite a few games in our own back yard!! We are out of every cup and no doubt will finish mid table! It pisses me off that good folk like ourselves work hard for our money and if we don't we lose our job but if you play for Rochdale and play shit you get defended by deluded fans!!!

no i'm not "having a being serious". We've actually lost 2 games at home in the league this season and one in the cup. 2 of those games have been to the same side, ever thought they have set up well to beat us and played a good game, which i personally felt they did, they worked hard, were first to most balls and played our two midfielders off the pitch.

they are humans, like everyone else, i'm sure you have days where you turn up to work and your output of work isn't what it could be, this happens, they are not machines.

Finish mid table no doubt. On what evidence? we're 6th in the league, theres nothing to suggest we'll finish mid table, because we're picking up enough wins to stay in the top 7 currently, regardless of where the results come from.

Login to get fewer ads

We was shocking!!! on 13:53 - Nov 14 with 3442 viewspioneer

We was shocking!!! on 12:59 - Nov 14 by sweetcorn

no i'm not "having a being serious". We've actually lost 2 games at home in the league this season and one in the cup. 2 of those games have been to the same side, ever thought they have set up well to beat us and played a good game, which i personally felt they did, they worked hard, were first to most balls and played our two midfielders off the pitch.

they are humans, like everyone else, i'm sure you have days where you turn up to work and your output of work isn't what it could be, this happens, they are not machines.

Finish mid table no doubt. On what evidence? we're 6th in the league, theres nothing to suggest we'll finish mid table, because we're picking up enough wins to stay in the top 7 currently, regardless of where the results come from.

Depends which way you lok at it I suppose, 8 home games in the league, 2 wins, seven goals - add the cups it only looks worse.

Can anyone suggest this is value for money for the paying spectator?

People do not pay to watch a league table, they pay to watch a footy game.
We was shocking!!! on 14:04 - Nov 14 with 3425 viewsMoonyDale

We was shocking!!! on 13:53 - Nov 14 by pioneer

Depends which way you lok at it I suppose, 8 home games in the league, 2 wins, seven goals - add the cups it only looks worse.

Can anyone suggest this is value for money for the paying spectator?

People do not pay to watch a league table, they pay to watch a footy game.

You can play badly and get results, I'd go so far as to suggest you can play ugly boring football and win a league. Would the fan enjoy that success ? or would they prefer to see good entertaining football and not win the league ? I suppose it comes down to personal choice, we pay to watch a game and I am not sure if good entertainment is part of that deal.

We was shocking!!! on 14:37 - Nov 14 with 3382 viewsSFD

We was shocking!!! on 12:59 - Nov 14 by sweetcorn

You clearly weren't their last night then because we played 3 midfielders matey !
I thought it was two awful teams of which neither played any good football and if Thorpe hadn't took so long sorting Bennett out we may not have conceded with 11 men on the pitch.
Bell and Coleman were giving Thorpe untold grief after they scored.
We was shocking!!! on 14:37 - Nov 14 with 3381 viewspl56

We was shocking!!! on 12:22 - Nov 14 by MoonyDale

To add my spin to this I'll suggest that when teams do come well organised to frustrate and hit on the break , as has been said often on this board , we hane no Plan B .

The reason for this is that , overall , we have a relatively weak squad ; in midfield for example , we have only three natural midfield players on contract - BBM , Tutte , and Kennedy - and how we expect to get through a season placing that level of demand on those three is beyond me . At the same time we have no natural width in any of the three midfielders , so that closes another option . Away from home we clearly are able to organise and frustrate with the best of them , hence one reason for the difference home vs away .

A second squad weakness highlighted last night was that we were down to the bare bones up front and had to revert to the usual culprits who have failed fairly consistently at home all season to date , so no surprise there then . This aspect has been boosted recently by Grant and Gornell , but with both missing last night , I predicted a blank evening before the game it was so predictable . Having no real option on the bench was unforgiveable .

Such glaring squad weaknesses are down either to the Board or to the management or both . The fact at this stage of the season that we continue to prop up the squad with nonentity squad players like Craney and Putterill is both an embarrassment and a disgrace .

By the way , has Aleandale received a response from the Board yet ???
We was shocking!!! on 14:40 - Nov 14 with 3374 viewssweetcorn

We was shocking!!! on 14:37 - Nov 14 by SFD

You clearly weren't their last night then because we played 3 midfielders matey !
I thought it was two awful teams of which neither played any good football and if Thorpe hadn't took so long sorting Bennett out we may not have conceded with 11 men on the pitch.
Bell and Coleman were giving Thorpe untold grief after they scored.

i was refering to kennedy and tutte. It isn't cavs job to create things, he's there to spoil the play and thats about it, hence why i made reference to a midfield 2.

We was shocking!!! on 14:42 - Nov 14 with 3373 viewsToffeemanc

We was shocking!!! on 14:04 - Nov 14 by MoonyDale

You can play badly and get results, I'd go so far as to suggest you can play ugly boring football and win a league. Would the fan enjoy that success ? or would they prefer to see good entertaining football and not win the league ? I suppose it comes down to personal choice, we pay to watch a game and I am not sure if good entertainment is part of that deal.

At home we have been playing badly and largely getting the results the performances have deserved. Away has been a lot better, although in some games I feel we have had some luck. Take the Accrington game for example, after Accy got their first goal we went from playing good football to suddenly witnessing the most inept 45 minutes imaginable before Kennedys' winner went in. At Port Vale draw achieved because they were reduced to 10 men and we were free to change the tactics and force the game a little more? First 30 minutes at Rotherham we were awful as well. They say it is a sign of a good team to not play well and still get results and usually this is proved right. Its a hope I'm currently clinging onto because in period of games mainly away we have looked a real force.

As far as the ugly football goes It might bring success but clearly it isn't going to bring the crowds because it is shit to watch and fans are already voting with their feet. I'm afraid I have to agree with Pioneer on this one, personally I pay to be entertained and would rather watch a good entertaining game which we may not win than watch the crap we are currently seeing in home games. I also think there are other who think this way as walking away from the ground last night I commented that should Coleman still be in charge next season, and still playing the same formation/tactics at home which I fully expect him to be, then I wouldn't be renewing my season ticket for next season and would just pick and choose which games to attend because the entertain value currently is just non existent. Unfortunately I had 3 or 4 fans walking close to me agree with the sentiment which left me wondering how low our home attendances may become in the coming months.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

We was shocking!!! on 14:49 - Nov 14 with 3355 viewsSFD

We was shocking!!! on 14:42 - Nov 14 by Toffeemanc

At home we have been playing badly and largely getting the results the performances have deserved. Away has been a lot better, although in some games I feel we have had some luck. Take the Accrington game for example, after Accy got their first goal we went from playing good football to suddenly witnessing the most inept 45 minutes imaginable before Kennedys' winner went in. At Port Vale draw achieved because they were reduced to 10 men and we were free to change the tactics and force the game a little more? First 30 minutes at Rotherham we were awful as well. They say it is a sign of a good team to not play well and still get results and usually this is proved right. Its a hope I'm currently clinging onto because in period of games mainly away we have looked a real force.

As far as the ugly football goes It might bring success but clearly it isn't going to bring the crowds because it is shit to watch and fans are already voting with their feet. I'm afraid I have to agree with Pioneer on this one, personally I pay to be entertained and would rather watch a good entertaining game which we may not win than watch the crap we are currently seeing in home games. I also think there are other who think this way as walking away from the ground last night I commented that should Coleman still be in charge next season, and still playing the same formation/tactics at home which I fully expect him to be, then I wouldn't be renewing my season ticket for next season and would just pick and choose which games to attend because the entertain value currently is just non existent. Unfortunately I had 3 or 4 fans walking close to me agree with the sentiment which left me wondering how low our home attendances may become in the coming months.

Totally agree, JC will be here for a while because we cant afford to get rid and our league position is very good, however this division is the the worst i can remember.
I know several people who no longer attend home games due to apathy of the club in general and the god awful boring football we play at home.
Saturday may well see our crowd dip below 1500 which should be extremely worrying to our apathetic board.
We was shocking!!! on 15:28 - Nov 14 with 3324 viewsMoonyDale

We was shocking!!! on 14:42 - Nov 14 by Toffeemanc

Now that is a brilliant post, absolutely spot on. I was told however I can't confirm for sure that we have dropped from approx 1500 season ticket sales to just over 700 this season, if that is indeed the case then I would be really worried about next season if this style of football continues. With crowds so bad how do the board give JC any money in Jan ? Scary times..

We was shocking!!! on 15:28 - Nov 14 with 3324 viewsinthenet

We was shocking!!! on 14:49 - Nov 14 by SFD

Totally agree, JC will be here for a while because we cant afford to get rid and our league position is very good, however this division is the the worst i can remember.
I know several people who no longer attend home games due to apathy of the club in general and the god awful boring football we play at home.
Saturday may well see our crowd dip below 1500 which should be extremely worrying to our apathetic board.

We were awful last night , we def need some wingers to stretch the play ,it was like running into a brick wall last night....any thoughts

Rastrickblue

We was shocking!!! on 15:54 - Nov 14 with 3296 viewssweetcorn

We was shocking!!! on 15:28 - Nov 14 by inthenet

We were awful last night , we def need some wingers to stretch the play ,it was like running into a brick wall last night....any thoughts

Adam rundle!

NOT.

We was shocking!!! on 16:07 - Nov 14 with 3284 viewsdeeplishblue

We was shocking!!! on 15:28 - Nov 14 by inthenet

I too would like us to play with more width.

One of the things I have noticed in recent games is the midfield passing the ball out wide to a full back on the half way line - the full back looks in front of him and all he can see are two opposition players bearing down on him.

The only thing he can do is to either play a speculative lump over the top, or play the ball baclwards to a centre half of the goal keeper - both negative options which are frustrating for the supporters to watch.

The first thing that Hill did when he took over was to start playing two wingers - he had the fans on his side in less than three weeks !

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

We was shocking!!! on 16:32 - Nov 14 with 3238 viewsBigKindo

What was frustrating last night is that having had a good result on Saturday we didn't push on. At Wycombe Grant played down the right wing in the first half, down the left the second half and had the beating of both fullbacks. We reverted to no wide player/s last night. There were acres of space down the wings and nobody to utilise them.
We was shocking!!! on 17:04 - Nov 14 with 3173 viewsDaley_Lama

The best winger we had on show last night as an aside was Dele Adebola.

He made a run in the first half down the left where he beat two men before being cruelly brought down by their cynical anti-Port Vale tactics.

I'd suggest Ade on the wing crossing to Grimes but after seeing Grime's one effort at heading on target in the first half, I don't think it'd work.

Poll: DF in or out

We was shocking!!! on 17:43 - Nov 14 with 3127 viewspioneer

We was shocking!!! on 14:04 - Nov 14 by MoonyDale

Playing well and not winning, playing bad and winning - either would be better than playing bad and not winning - we seem to have the worst of both worlds at home at the moment.
We was shocking!!! on 17:55 - Nov 14 with 3109 viewsDaleView

After years of supporting The Dale, I've now moved to South Wales.
Newport County are top of the league.
I was told that I made a good move.
Perhaps Dale will be playing here next season.
I hope so.
We was shocking!!! on 18:01 - Nov 14 with 3094 viewsTalkingSutty

We was shocking!!! on 14:49 - Nov 14 by SFD

Agree with that. I just reckon Coleman and Bell are just stuck in their ways with how they want to play the game and they stick to it rigidly. Maybe their limit is league two football because in the modern game you have to be flexible to counter different situations from the opposition and we never see that.

There as to be a lot more than a plan "A", especially when playing at home and why not replace someone like Crainey with a winger,what harm would it do ?

We was shocking!!! on 18:03 - Nov 14 with 3089 viewsThe_DJ

We was shocking!!! on 18:01 - Nov 14 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that. I just reckon Coleman and Bell are just stuck in their ways with how they want to play the game and they stick to it rigidly. Maybe their limit is league two football because in the modern game you have to be flexible to counter different situations from the opposition and we never see that.

There as to be a lot more than a plan "A", especially when playing at home and why not replace someone like Crainey with a winger,what harm would it do ?

Or a monkey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024