Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Dealings - Is It Enough? 18:52 - Feb 1 with 638 viewsdavey_ravey_snr

So what are people's thoughts on JD's operations in the January transfer window?

Personally, I am sad to see Hendo go. I thought he was a great player on his day, and a better option than Massey IMO. But you got the feeling there were trouble makers at the club, was he one of the one's that JD stated in the press as "they're just waiting for me to get the sack". No surprise that Hendo, JJOT and Rose who were all pally are no longer playing at the club...

We all know about Jabo, who is solid enough but I liked the look of the young lad from Reading who played up top. I don't get why we get people in on loan and then only play them twice? Has JD scouted these players or watched self published videos of themselves on youtube? Deep down we all know Jabo is only here to play for a move in the summer anyway. I'm not sure it's enough to keep us up, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Another question. As the tide of the game changed on Saturday when we went 4-4-2 will JD go with this or revert to the normal 4-1-2-2-1 or what ever the hell formation we seem to play!! As away from home I'm betting it won't be 4-4-2, but am I the only one who wants to see us play 4-4-2? Am I just old fashioned? No, I just don't think we have the quality to play any other way.

Here's to hoping to 3 points against pompey and I'm desperately disappointed I won't be there. Beer and radio will be at the ready!

Up the U's

DRS
January Transfer Dealings - Is It Enough? on 19:21 - Feb 1 with 629 viewsdurham_exile

Davey ravey Snr - welcome to the U'sual board

Generally I have to say that I am pleased with JD's signings.

Hendo burned his boats for me in his abject performance at Walsall just before Christmas, in a tight game, his intervention after the unfortunate Ibehre had to go off proved to be the Walsall matchwinner. His passing was shocking, his attitude worse and his failure to salute the supporters after the game unprofessional.

Rose failed to hold down a regular place. His inability to track back after advancing up the field meant he was usually out of position when the opposition attacked.

John Joe O'Toole is one of my fvaourite players, the forgotten man is back with JW but should be back at Col U next season in league one.

Jabo Ibehre will either score the goals or make them for Freddie Sears to keep us up.

Like you I think that Dominic Samuel has a good future in the game. Unfortunately postponements curtailed his perfromances but he was excellent at Doncaster.

Jason Scotland might have been a good addition but Barnsley gives him championship football which at 33 is what he wanted.

Earlier in the season with Watt and Eastmond JD played 4-3-3 now he has reverted to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

There must be room for both Sears and Ibehre in the team so 4-4-2 seesm more logical.

Enjoy your beer and radio tomorrow.
Keep the faith, the U's are staying up

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024