Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. 11:24 - Mar 18 with 1117 viewsLambourn

Fair play to the guy and we have no one to sub him with but after 60 minutes he is the weak link and all teams stay as close to him and as far away from big samba as possible. At villa everything came from the right side.
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:29 - Mar 18 with 1097 viewsquickpassrotter

One of the major problems was that in taking off Fabio in the second half to chase the game as we were behind, we were exposed on that left side and Hoilett is not exactly a good tracker back. It exposed Clint as he was being asked to cover across a lot and he just does not have the pace or the recovery ability, once the ball is lost, to do that.
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:39 - Mar 18 with 1070 viewsTacticalR

Would have been a hero if he had buried that last shot!

(Just noticed who the OP is, but will post my reply anyway).

Air hostess clique

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:49 - Mar 18 with 1053 viewsJamie

Been said numerous times - lovely guy, gives 100% every game but quite simply the fact he is playing for us every week in the PL speaks volumes.
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 13:01 - Mar 18 with 964 viewsSomersetHoops

Clint made it clear months ago to Mark Hughes that he hasn't got the pace to play LB in the Premiership, so why did Harry ask him to cover that position without a decent supporting defensive player on that side?

Who's Next?

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 958 viewsYorkRanger

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:49 - Mar 18 by Jamie

Been said numerous times - lovely guy, gives 100% every game but quite simply the fact he is playing for us every week in the PL speaks volumes.

Let's not right him off just yet - he may have a major part to play next season
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 15:39 - Mar 18 with 884 viewsMedwayR

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 13:03 - Mar 18 by YorkRanger

Let's not right him off just yet - he may have a major part to play next season

If Samba is happy to play for us in the championship I suspect 'arry will go for a Samba-Onouha CB partnership to build for the future, although even if he did that Hill would still be first-choice cover & play a big part in the squad.

Poll: Who’s better?

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 16:13 - Mar 18 with 835 viewsnewgolddream

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:49 - Mar 18 by Jamie

Well sed there. Huge respect for the guy and he is and will always be one of us. Watched Final Score in the first half on saturday last. High praise throughout for QPR and also that niggly feeling that we were not going to see it through. Still five wins in eight MIGHT do it although forty points is lookin the new target after this weekend.
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 17:13 - Mar 18 with 808 viewsPey

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:29 - Mar 18 by quickpassrotter

One of the major problems was that in taking off Fabio in the second half to chase the game as we were behind, we were exposed on that left side and Hoilett is not exactly a good tracker back. It exposed Clint as he was being asked to cover across a lot and he just does not have the pace or the recovery ability, once the ball is lost, to do that.

This !

If the talented squad players had more of his attitude we wouldn't be in this mess.
Thats for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 18:06 - Mar 18 with 785 viewsLambourn

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 11:39 - Mar 18 by TacticalR

Would have been a hero if he had buried that last shot!

(Just noticed who the OP is, but will post my reply anyway).

He deserved to score gorkks always used to repay the mistakes eith the odd header.
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 18:16 - Mar 18 with 777 viewswestberksr

more to do with our tactics than his legs I suspect. If we'd started with 352 he'd be targeted from the off as it'd known he doesn't (did he ever) have the pace. Any centre back in the twilight of their legs would be targeted by any astute manager.

in our usual 442 he can do a job; imho
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 21:08 - Mar 18 with 713 viewsRanger78

Same as Mackie for me... top man who tries his guts out but is simply not very good and woefully exposed in the PL.

He was probably at fault for the last 2 goals..... basically because he was trying so hard!!!! He chased the ball on both occasions and left the strikers unmarked , enabling them to score.

I want to make it clear that I love them both but have had it with spending my money on players who can't actually play football very well.

It's really time to move on
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 22:46 - Mar 18 with 654 viewsLambourn

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 21:08 - Mar 18 by Ranger78

Same as Mackie for me... top man who tries his guts out but is simply not very good and woefully exposed in the PL.

He was probably at fault for the last 2 goals..... basically because he was trying so hard!!!! He chased the ball on both occasions and left the strikers unmarked , enabling them to score.

I want to make it clear that I love them both but have had it with spending my money on players who can't actually play football very well.

Mackie is great when we go down surely barca need back up for messi?
clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 23:34 - Mar 18 with 641 viewsHongKongR

clint hill. great player for 60 minutes but burnt out after that. on 21:08 - Mar 18 by Ranger78

I can't believe the criticism Clint Hill is getting on this site at the moment (this thread saying he's not good enough for the PL anymore and Northern giving him the same score as Fabio in the match on Saturday!). Clint was exposed / we struggled down the left on Saturday due solely to Fabio having an absolute mare: often caught out of position, failing to make critical tackles and not track back properly. Hence Clint was having to do two jobs when one was hard enough against the pace of Villas front 3. I'm sorry to say it but our two Brazilians cost us the game on Saturday. Both were pants. Worst I've seen from either before. Looked really nervous and kept bottling it at critical moments. Clint fought hard the whole game and it would have been completely deserved if he'd scored with the last kick!

If I didn't know better, I'd think Fabio and Cesar were paid to throw the game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024