Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What really wound me up this week... 10:00 - Apr 21 with 7763 viewsVish

Was not on the pitch, but off it. I read that the club met with fans groups earlier regarding season ticket prices/packages for next season.

Shows how poorly we are run when in April as a club we still don't know what to offer next season. Is there any forward planning going on at the club?

I can see it now. Prices will remain the same, however more championship games means we get more for our money. From announcement of ST we will have 4 weeks or something silly to secure our seats. No loyalty points carried forward, no change to the membership scheme and no early bird...however the club will review them all for the following season....

ST prices and announcements is going to be a massive moment for the board. They have to get it right. However only now starting to discuss options shows our badly we are run.

And yes I am a negative miserable git.
What really wound me up this week... on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 1459 viewstoboboly

What really wound me up this week... on 10:47 - Apr 22 by johnhoop

You say "never going to be that" and you could well be right.But if they've got any sense and they don't want whatever team we end up with next year to be playing in a half empty stadium they won't have the gall to charge us Premiership prices for Championship football,which would be an absolute piss-take as far as I'm concerned.

But they wont ever go back to £400. It was £600 a few seasons ago and that was taking the piss. I would love it if it went back down to £400, i'd even buy mine again, but the fact that it hasn't been that low for 5/6 years and our expenditure is now astronomical leads me to think that they will continue to screw fans over.

It will take a season of poor attendences (less away fans, less tourists, less hardcore fans) for them to realise.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

What really wound me up this week... on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 1442 viewsHunterhoop

The key point here is that deciding ST prices is a mixture of child's maths and complex demand forecasting.

I fear the club with not dedicate enough time to latter and just still, pretending to be clever businessmen doing the former.

Prices remaining the same drives the following (I've guessed at Gold as couldn't remember and I'm in Silver). I have estimated what I reckon ST demand will be to make a hypothetical point. I've estimated that there are only 2,500 seats in silver. Please feel free to correct this based on more accurate figures...the point will be the same.

£700 x 3,000 = £2.1m revenue
£600 x 2,000 = £1.2m revenue
£3.3m delivered. Pretty crap

Say they drop £50 and that drives an extra 2,000 STs.

£650 x 4,500 = £2.93m
£550 x 2,500 = £1.38m
£4.3m delivered. Better.

Say they drop £100 and this gets another 2,000 to 9,000.

£600 x 6,500 = £3.9m
£500 x 2,500 = £1.25m
£5.15m delivered. Better still

Say they drop £200 and we get to another 2,000 and make 11,000 STs (meaning only 3,000 across the 3 home stands isn't STs...)

£500 x 8,500 = £4.25m
£400 x 2,500 = £1m
£5.25m delivered. Better still...just. This is where we start to hit the buffers as we can't drive too many more STs and any further drop lowers revenue.

Does everyone see the message here?

It's not about what the ST price is, it's about how many STs you can sell. In the equation that drives revenue, it's sales volume NOT price that is the key driver to getting the biggest revenue.

When we were in the 3rd tied under Ollie we sold over 12,000 STs. We have the customer base to hit those volumes IF the price is right.

It's a balancing act to maximise return. The club must remember this.

To understand this they must engage with fans groups. They must look back historically for the past 10 years at what volumes they've driven in the Championship OR below and at what price.

On this historcial evidence they should be able to forecast demand at different price points and evaluate what drives the most revenue.

I guarantee it would be towards the "lower price, higher volume" end of the spectrum.

Finally, there's all the additional benefits of more STs:
- Good publicity
- Greater merchandise sales
- Greater bar sales
- Better atmosphere helping deliver better results
- Keeping a pipeline of supporters by preventing dad's stopping going with their kids
etc, etc, etc.

It's a really important decision.

What really wound me up this week... on 13:57 - Apr 22 with 1432 viewsisawqpratwcity

What really wound me up this week... on 13:43 - Apr 22 by Hunterhoop

The key point here is that deciding ST prices is a mixture of child's maths and complex demand forecasting.

I fear the club with not dedicate enough time to latter and just still, pretending to be clever businessmen doing the former.

Prices remaining the same drives the following (I've guessed at Gold as couldn't remember and I'm in Silver). I have estimated what I reckon ST demand will be to make a hypothetical point. I've estimated that there are only 2,500 seats in silver. Please feel free to correct this based on more accurate figures...the point will be the same.

£700 x 3,000 = £2.1m revenue
£600 x 2,000 = £1.2m revenue
£3.3m delivered. Pretty crap

Say they drop £50 and that drives an extra 2,000 STs.

£650 x 4,500 = £2.93m
£550 x 2,500 = £1.38m
£4.3m delivered. Better.

Say they drop £100 and this gets another 2,000 to 9,000.

£600 x 6,500 = £3.9m
£500 x 2,500 = £1.25m
£5.15m delivered. Better still

Say they drop £200 and we get to another 2,000 and make 11,000 STs (meaning only 3,000 across the 3 home stands isn't STs...)

£500 x 8,500 = £4.25m
£400 x 2,500 = £1m
£5.25m delivered. Better still...just. This is where we start to hit the buffers as we can't drive too many more STs and any further drop lowers revenue.

Does everyone see the message here?

It's not about what the ST price is, it's about how many STs you can sell. In the equation that drives revenue, it's sales volume NOT price that is the key driver to getting the biggest revenue.

When we were in the 3rd tied under Ollie we sold over 12,000 STs. We have the customer base to hit those volumes IF the price is right.

It's a balancing act to maximise return. The club must remember this.

To understand this they must engage with fans groups. They must look back historically for the past 10 years at what volumes they've driven in the Championship OR below and at what price.

On this historcial evidence they should be able to forecast demand at different price points and evaluate what drives the most revenue.

I guarantee it would be towards the "lower price, higher volume" end of the spectrum.

Finally, there's all the additional benefits of more STs:
- Good publicity
- Greater merchandise sales
- Greater bar sales
- Better atmosphere helping deliver better results
- Keeping a pipeline of supporters by preventing dad's stopping going with their kids
etc, etc, etc.

It's a really important decision.

You'd have to think that the board have some grasp of the concept of elasticity of supply and demand.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

What really wound me up this week... on 15:21 - Apr 22 with 1420 viewsChicken

What really wound me up this week... on 10:07 - Apr 21 by ted_hendrix

The half time debate yesterday where everybody stood around moaning was centred on ST prices, the rumour is they are going up.

If everyone pays twice as much it will be like having a 30,000 crowd.
What really wound me up this week... on 15:44 - Apr 22 with 1408 viewsHunterhoop

What really wound me up this week... on 13:57 - Apr 22 by isawqpratwcity

You'd have to think that the board have some grasp of the concept of elasticity of supply and demand.

I 'hope' so. I don't 'think' so though, if reports are to be believed about them keeping prices the same.

I think they'll fall into the trap of keeping prices too high like so many other clubs have done to the detriment of their balance sheet.
What really wound me up this week... on 15:53 - Apr 22 with 1400 viewsShotKneesHoop

What really wound me up this week... on 15:21 - Apr 22 by Chicken

You pay double for walk in prices anyway - £55 - £70 match day prices and when you go for a piss, there's 30,000 trying to use the same bog.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What really wound me up this week... on 15:57 - Apr 22 with 1394 viewsStanisgod

What really wound me up this week... on 15:21 - Apr 22 by Chicken

Can't you just e-mail that to Beard and say + 10,000 or whatever.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024