Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Years Ago 23:31 - May 17 with 1452 viewsGhanaDale

Can't believe it's been 5 years to the day that we beat Darlo to get to Wembley!
Does anyone have the highlights from the game? The only one on Youtube appears to have disappeared!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

5 Years Ago on 23:36 - May 17 with 1444 viewsColDale

that second of silence as everyone holds their breath always gets to me
5 Years Ago on 00:29 - May 18 with 1387 viewsShun

I'm sure about 25% of the Dale fans there that day claim to have been the first on the pitch. I'm sure I was.
5 Years Ago on 01:15 - May 18 with 1367 viewssandylaner1

5 years, damn
5 Years Ago on 01:19 - May 18 with 1364 viewsRoChDaLe

absolute amazing day, just amazing.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

5 Years Ago on 06:46 - May 18 with 1314 viewsPDIDDY

Is that the year you got beat off Stockport?

Gissa job

5 Years Ago on 07:38 - May 18 with 1297 viewsrafc1984

5 Years Ago on 06:46 - May 18 by PDIDDY

Yes
5 Years Ago on 08:32 - May 18 with 1269 viewsSuddenLad

It was the year before you played like schoolgirls against Shrewsbury.

We got to Wembley of course................

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

5 Years Ago on 09:35 - May 18 with 1200 viewsDaley_Lama

I thought you was good on your history, Dids?

Stockport did indeed beat us and gained promotion with a team that would well in League 1.

Unfortunately the club was poorly managed as they had over-spent to achieve promotion. Anybody worth selling was sold, any player on a decent wage encouraged to leave.

They dropped into League 2 and couldnt sign anybody or arrange freindlies as they were that financially goosed, even ex-players got fed up of bailing them out.

I think they play in the Cheshire Gay, Lesbian and Minority Representation Sunday League now. That was 5 years and 1 day ago, sppokty.

They did beat us at Wembley though.

Are you looking forward to playing Portsmouth in L2 next season? They've won the FA Cup I'm told.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

5 Years Ago on 09:36 - May 18 with 1198 viewsfunkkk

5 Years Ago on 08:32 - May 18 by SuddenLad

It was the year before you played like schoolgirls against Shrewsbury.

We got to Wembley of course................

Even disregarding the result Wembley was a but of a damp squib but I will never forget that day v Darlo.
5 Years Ago on 09:42 - May 18 with 1186 viewsColDale

5 Years Ago on 09:36 - May 18 by funkkk

Even disregarding the result Wembley was a but of a damp squib but I will never forget that day v Darlo.

Id argue that the Ben Muirhead moment was a million times better than promotion game v Northampton. When we went up, we knew we were going up and even had we blown that day, there'd have been countless other opportunities, and results elsewhere would have ensured it anyway.

The Muirhead penalty was one of those moments where anything could have happened. Within the space of a few seconds, we could have had the best or worst moment of our footballing lives.
5 Years Ago on 11:41 - May 18 with 1097 viewsjudd

5 Years Ago on 09:42 - May 18 by ColDale

Id argue that the Ben Muirhead moment was a million times better than promotion game v Northampton. When we went up, we knew we were going up and even had we blown that day, there'd have been countless other opportunities, and results elsewhere would have ensured it anyway.

The Muirhead penalty was one of those moments where anything could have happened. Within the space of a few seconds, we could have had the best or worst moment of our footballing lives.

It's great to have recent memories - 21st Century, New Wembley etc.

Poll: What is it to be then?

5 Years Ago on 12:08 - May 18 with 1061 viewsCrede

I had that same conversation yesterday Col

The game to get to Wembley was nailbiting, so tense, yet the promotion was just a cakewalk, we knew we were up in Feb , compared to Exeter the year before who had to win away at Rotherham to achieve promotion, and deny bury

Only Stockport at home in 1987 comes anywhere near that Darlo playoff game in my era
5 Years Ago on 12:26 - May 18 with 1040 viewsClivert

It was the whole emotions swing throughout the afternoon that adds to it all, 3-1 down on agg to a woeful penalty decision, then Perks getting us back on level terms when it seemed that we'd run out of ideas. Perks then getting sent off and then of course the drama of the the shootout and the five perfect penalties from Daggers, Alfie, TK, Jonah and Muirhead.

I've bored my two year old to sleep many an evening with the tale of that of that day!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024