Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This site is awesome! 08:27 - Jul 30 with 11999 viewsJackfath

Well done to all concerned!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This site is awesome! on 21:44 - Jul 30 with 1248 viewsakajack

Fantastic effort Phil, well done
This site is awesome! on 22:06 - Jul 30 with 1198 viewsSenhin

This site is awesome! on 20:36 - Jul 30 by YantoFullPelt

this site is NOT awesome, the layout is terrible and doesn't have any real structure, vBulletin is the way to go for a clean looking easy to use forum template, I mean its taken me 5 minutes to find the 'reply to thread' button....'add to topic'????? PAH! :(

I used to use Invisionfree when I made forums as a kid. You can do practically any customization, and I've seen invisionfree forums with 100k+ users and no lag. Do they still exist?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

This site is awesome! on 22:29 - Jul 30 with 1184 viewsSS2013

Looking good fairplay!

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

This site is awesome! on 22:51 - Jul 30 with 1169 viewsSpratty

This site is awesome! on 20:36 - Jul 30 by YantoFullPelt

this site is NOT awesome, the layout is terrible and doesn't have any real structure, vBulletin is the way to go for a clean looking easy to use forum template, I mean its taken me 5 minutes to find the 'reply to thread' button....'add to topic'????? PAH! :(

Suppose to save confusion we should use standard terminology

I would have thought Board / Thread / Post should be used as a standard

As the title calls it a thread (and this I think is common usage) it is confusing to call the button "Add to topic"

And as each item is commonly referred to as a post then calling the other button "Reply to this message" adds to confusion

Somthing like "Add New Post" / "Reply to This Post" (or similar) would be clearer (although quotation symbols on reply button give a good indication of what it does). What I suggest is probably the same as the old site (cannot currently check)

Another confusion is that all the buttons appear on each post

Whilst "Reply to this post" button should obviously appear on each post
The "Add new post" is something that relates to the whole thread (not linked to individual posts).

Again the old site dealt with this I think by having the "Add new post" button at the end of each page (which I thought worked quite well). Having it on each post I think just causes confusion between the buttons.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024