Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis 13:23 - Jul 31 with 18687 viewsParlay

according to Tony Rivers on AAMB.

in fairness hes rarely wrong.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:03 - Jul 31 with 10816 viewsdunvantjack

An ideal signing for them to be fair. The the best technically but good defender very strong.
Will suit their style.

I could only stare in disbelief as the crowds all left....

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:09 - Jul 31 with 10761 viewsPegojack

Am I the only one who finds this story totally unbelievable? An outstanding young player on the verge of becoming an England regular for years to come, playing for a London glamour club, willing to join a bunch of no hopers like Cardiff? Shome mistake, Shirley?
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:11 - Jul 31 with 10740 viewsBanosswan

Gazump them!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:17 - Jul 31 with 10696 viewsdunvantjack

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:11 - Jul 31 by Banosswan

Gazump them!

Feck knows how you edit threads - I meant to say NOT the best technically....

Anyway, we won't gazzump them. Laudrup does not think he is technically good enough for our style - that's why we bagged Chico last summer instead.

I could only stare in disbelief as the crowds all left....

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:18 - Jul 31 with 10673 viewsGoodGodAlive

Amazing signing for them. £9m supposedly. Personally, I think they are good enough to stay up anyhow, but this sort of deal more or less confirms it. Apparently, they have now spent close to £20m. Debt free as well? Oh, and soulless.
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:28 - Jul 31 with 10599 viewsSunnyBankJack

Surely Rodgers would come in for him as he fits his criteria:

Young with resale value, played for him so doesn't have to do any of his own actual scouting, taking him from under the nose of another club.
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:38 - Jul 31 with 10507 viewsEducated_Pork

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:28 - Jul 31 by SunnyBankJack

Surely Rodgers would come in for him as he fits his criteria:

Young with resale value, played for him so doesn't have to do any of his own actual scouting, taking him from under the nose of another club.

Great point that. Rodgers loves him and fits Fenwaynomics. Could be a twist yet. Here's hoping!
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:40 - Jul 31 with 10485 viewsTom1912

Gutted.

That's an amazing signing for them, and decent enough value at £9m.

Could be massive for them.

(If true etc)
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:51 - Jul 31 with 10378 viewsneilrichards

I find this one a bit strange really

Why would Spuds want to let him leave atm when Vertongen has just picked up an injury and is set to be out for about 2-3 weeks, he played a fair few games for them last season too and was on the verge of becoming a permanent fixture in the team
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:56 - Jul 31 with 10328 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Apparently Spurs have a clause that states they can sign him back for the same price within the first two years.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:58 - Jul 31 with 10307 viewsSpratty

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:01 - Jul 31 with 10284 viewsSpratty

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 14:17 - Jul 31 by dunvantjack

Feck knows how you edit threads - I meant to say NOT the best technically....

Anyway, we won't gazzump them. Laudrup does not think he is technically good enough for our style - that's why we bagged Chico last summer instead.

Edit post by clicking little pencil thingy bottom left of your post
don't click this one it's just and example
[Post edited 31 Jul 2013 15:03]
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 10102 viewsheadcleaner

I thought he was decent when we had him. not great going forward or with the ball at his feet but solid in the air. If he was all that spurs wouldn't be letting him go, not for nine mill anyway also says something about the lad that he'd walk away from a challenge at spurs to struggle at the reddragons.

Besides not sure he'd get in our side anyway. Not better than Williams or chico
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:26 - Jul 31 with 10073 viewspencoedjack

Ash made him look good .... Simple really
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 10042 viewsSunnyBankJack

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:26 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

I think there's truth to that but he's a good player however you look at it. He's definitely head and shoulders above the rest of their defence, metaphorically as well as physically.
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:38 - Jul 31 with 9959 viewsTom1912

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:26 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

Doubt you'd have had many people saying that before today...
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:42 - Jul 31 with 9895 viewssunshinehead

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:38 - Jul 31 by Tom1912

Doubt you'd have had many people saying that before today...

If you could go back to the old PS you could see I said something similar at the time. I'm gutted if he signs for them and it's not revisionism on my part but I am convinced it took him half a season to get going.

Our upturn in fortunes during the first PL season coincided with Caulker getting injured and Monk coming in. Definitely a coincidence rather than a dig at Caulker's abilities but when he left us he was twice the player he was when he joined.
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:43 - Jul 31 with 9880 viewsPegojack

I'll believe it when I see it confirmed on BBC Sport and not before.

All it says at the moment is 'Cardiff lose in Brentford friendly'. Now THAT I believe!
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 15:51 - Jul 31 with 9798 viewsEarl_Strickland

Truly gob smacked - a 12th hour guzumping by someone would be funny
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 16:11 - Jul 31 with 9617 viewsrob

I'm not all that impressed with him to be honest since he left us, and i was never his biggest fan. Looked to have gone backwards in the games he played for Spurs and the U21's.
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 16:13 - Jul 31 with 9601 viewsorion3016

truly gutted, hope he doesnt keep em up

Be over there now after

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 16:15 - Jul 31 with 9576 viewsDr_Winston

Good player. Strange move for him though. For that price he could have done a lot better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 16:17 - Jul 31 with 9562 views4everJACK

He was superb for us at that time. I wouldn't say he was great on the ball tho, had more than a little "Dennis Lawrence" about him. Ash or Chico all day long for me.

@ForeverJACK

Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 16:31 - Jul 31 with 9430 viewsjacksinceever

If it happens it would be a great signing for Cardiff.
I just can't see what's in it for Caulker though - host of better clubs he can join.
Going from a top 6 club to a club which potentially could be relegated seems like career suicide for Caulks
I just can't see him agreeing to it
Caulker signs for Cardiff on permanent basis on 16:37 - Jul 31 with 9385 viewsSkipTheJack

Surely once other clubs realise Spurs are willing to sell then there'll be a queue forming at White Hart Lane. I just can't see him going to Cardiff - he's much better than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024