Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 20:40 - Aug 1 with 25750 viewsSgorioFruit

Having a cracking game so far

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Shelvey on 23:19 - Aug 1 with 3711 viewsPontlliwJack5

His set piece delivery was quality tonight too!
Shelvey on 23:23 - Aug 1 with 3686 viewsGaz_M

I don't really get the Pratley comparison. Pratley was a top class athlete who had a season at no.10 and came up with the goods. He was never a superb 'footballer' like Shelvey, who's capable of mixing it up and playing a variety of styles and roles. He's a far better footballer than Pratley, more alike to a certain Ferrie Bodde.

Massively impressive debut.
Shelvey on 23:24 - Aug 1 with 3677 viewsDarran

Shelvey on 23:23 - Aug 1 by Gaz_M

I don't really get the Pratley comparison. Pratley was a top class athlete who had a season at no.10 and came up with the goods. He was never a superb 'footballer' like Shelvey, who's capable of mixing it up and playing a variety of styles and roles. He's a far better footballer than Pratley, more alike to a certain Ferrie Bodde.

Massively impressive debut.

Well said Gareth.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shelvey on 23:50 - Aug 1 with 3625 viewsdejafu

For me it was his stature and the way he runs box to box which is the comparison with Pratley (and before anyone says it he's streets ahead of him!) but with the ability for the cross field ball/long range shot like Bodde. Something we've lacked for seasons!
Shelvey on 23:54 - Aug 1 with 3612 viewsSwanfan1

Great player, his got some Steven Gerrard over him,
he adds a new dimension to our team with his passing abilities,
his a young player and he is bound to make a few mistakes
so we have to be patient with him.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Shelvey on 00:18 - Aug 2 with 3539 viewssunshinehead

Shelvey on 23:24 - Aug 1 by Darran

Well said Gareth.

'Kin ell :) I wish I could bump the original thread too, I was one of the few who welcomed Shelvey with open arms and obviously one of the few who remembers how important Pratley was to us at times. There is absolutely no doubt that they are the same type of player and like I said JJ is Premier League quality.
Shelvey on 01:07 - Aug 2 with 3479 viewsRogueTrooper

His long passes are brilliant and if there is one man who can bring on Jonjo's "put it on a plate" technique its ML, who, let's face it was one of the greatest ever at putting a perfectly weighted long pass in front of an attacking player. I love the fact that he will try a shot or take people on.

Compare that with Ki's reluctance to shoot lately and occasional ponderance and you get to appreciate how good he is. Not that im saying that Ki is rubbish, but the difference between a good player like Ki and a dynamic player like Jonjo is noticable. It wont all be plain sailing, mistakes will happen but I'm pretty confident that he will get it right far more than he will get it wrong and there will be a few moments of genius in the next few months from our shiny bonced midfield general.

Cant wait

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Shelvey on 02:17 - Aug 2 with 3425 viewsDull1Thomas

Agree with all the positives but he doesn't half give the ball away A LOT. My fear is better teams will take advantage and his confidence will plummet.
Still .. early days.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 02:21 - Aug 2 with 3422 viewsDrizzy

Shelvey on 23:12 - Aug 1 by Chief

seems im the only 1 who wasn't overly impressed, he did ok, only started to play well when their midfield gave up in the 2nd half, when they put him under pressure, he gave the ball away stupidly a few times and tried to do too much a few times too.

having said that, his long passing when he had time was good and he had a few long shots which was a nice change. could come good, but he wont have as much time against prem league midfielders

No clue as to why this post has a -3 score (at the time of writing) it's the most accurate description of his performance on this thread.

This "like/dislike" system is f*cking asinine and is more like Facebook than a forum. No doubt he'd have had a positive score had he called him the next Steven Gerrard and talked about he he's proved all his doubters wrong before the Premier League campaign is underway.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Shelvey on 03:36 - Aug 2 with 3397 viewsc00lj4ck

Dane, grown up on Mølby, then came ML, feeling ambivilant on Shelvy!

No doubt he will develop better under ML than BR IMO.

But he got mad eyes. He could be a 2010+ Cantona =)

Chico an Canas should be in "Dancing with the stars" BTW...
Shelvey on 06:09 - Aug 2 with 3372 viewsDr_Winston

Decent debut. Needs to learn that the longer pass isn't always the best option, but looks like a worthy addition based on that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey on 09:29 - Aug 2 with 3265 views1jack

I agree uncle bryn.
Shelvey on 09:34 - Aug 2 with 3253 viewsLord_Bony

Shelvey on 09:29 - Aug 2 by 1jack

I agree uncle bryn.

Hello again ladies.
It s been murder trying to get in here.

Anyways,from what I saw last night at the game he is a cracking signing for us.

No worries.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Shelvey on 09:50 - Aug 2 with 3219 viewsJackHunt

Looked very good and is obviously a good player. You have to take into consideration the standard of oppo whilst judging though.

A Liverpool fan said after we signed him that you'll get pissed off with the amount of wayward shots and there was evidence of that last night.

Hes young though and I'm sure will get better in our team.

Wibble

Shelvey on 10:01 - Aug 2 with 3202 viewsDarran

Shelvey on 09:34 - Aug 2 by Lord_Bony

Hello again ladies.
It s been murder trying to get in here.

Anyways,from what I saw last night at the game he is a cracking signing for us.

No worries.

Bollox you've found us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shelvey on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 3099 viewsrollercoaster

Shelvey on 21:57 - Aug 1 by marchamjack

Has added something to us that we haven't had before - shooting from outside box/long passes/driving midfielder. By no means the complete player but very impressive first game. Gives the ball away on ocassions, but looking like 5 million well spent. A definite postive addition

He reminds me of Ferrie Bodde!! He would have been some player and it looks like Shelvey will be a fantastic signing for us!
Shelvey on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 3095 viewsperchrockjack

This lad was slagged off before he even touched a ball so lets have some humble pie .Jonjo will be a massive club legend.
TRUST ME

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 3088 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 09:29 - Aug 2 by 1jack

I agree uncle bryn.

?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shelvey on 10:14 - Aug 2 with 3084 viewsLord_Bony

Shelvey on 10:01 - Aug 2 by Darran

Bollox you've found us.

Sorry Dar

You don t get away that easily i m afraid...!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Shelvey on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 3024 viewsmikraswan

Most of all Shelvey reminded me of Stefan Effenberg, when he was in his peak playing for Bayern Munich. The attitude, the vision, the long passing and the obvious madness in his eyes!
Shelvey under Laudrups guidance --> he's bound to be a legend, maybe not just for Swansea, but also for England XI - could become a World class player as I mentioned Effernberg and the likes of him before...

Success is temporary - loyalty is forever...

Shelvey on 12:18 - Aug 2 with 2981 viewsKingTuck

Was skeptical about him joining at first, but what a great game the lad had last night, tons of potential and he doesn't seem afraid to shoot.
Think we've bagged ourselves another bargain.
Shelvey on 12:32 - Aug 2 with 2947 viewslifelong

Very pleased with Shelvey. Adds another dimension to our midfield, excellent long pass and will score goals from outside the box.
Shelvey on 12:46 - Aug 2 with 2920 viewsNeath_Jack

I don't care how many wayward shots he takes, it's a massive refreshing sight to see some of our players actually having a go. Sooner or later some of these blockbusters are going to fly into the net. He hates losing the ball in contact, and is like a man possessed trying to win it straight back, no doubt this will lead to some cards over the season. A bit sloppy in

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shelvey on 15:10 - Aug 2 with 2836 viewsPlasticman

Shelvey on 03:36 - Aug 2 by c00lj4ck

Dane, grown up on Mølby, then came ML, feeling ambivilant on Shelvy!

No doubt he will develop better under ML than BR IMO.

But he got mad eyes. He could be a 2010+ Cantona =)

Chico an Canas should be in "Dancing with the stars" BTW...

He reminded me of Thomas Gravesen in his good days.

Plastic since 2012

Shelvey on 15:18 - Aug 2 with 2824 viewsploppy

I think he had a good game overall and definitely gives us something different. However, I think in the centre of midfield he takes too many touches. If you watch the others, Britton in particular, he takes a few touches max and then passes it on. Good start though - I'm sure ML will sort him out.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 15:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024