Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat 23:22 - Aug 1 with 6104 viewsJacYJwc

First game i've seen him play this season but anyone else think he looked a little shakey?

Malmos striker managed to turn him a few times and looking at the replay that penalty shout could have been given on another day! How did he do against Reading? Thought the rest of the defense looked solid though with Ben on fire again!
Amat on 23:24 - Aug 1 with 6087 viewsGaz_M

Looks exactly like Chico did early on.

Masses of potential, a little rash and a lot to learn. Will come good.
Amat on 23:25 - Aug 1 with 6072 viewsSwansNZ

Amat on 23:24 - Aug 1 by Gaz_M

Looks exactly like Chico did early on.

Masses of potential, a little rash and a lot to learn. Will come good.

I agree

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Amat on 23:27 - Aug 1 with 6031 viewsLilleFlue

Please .. He is fantastic, so much talent talent great challenges professional fouls at the right time, first game important game CB with loads of pressure. . Williams did back him up brilliantly, he will be a huge success
Amat on 23:28 - Aug 1 with 6022 viewsairedale

Amat on 23:25 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

I agree

Me too. I thought it was quite amusing during the first half [of the first half]. Ashley was like a mother hen.

Ash did the same with Chico as I recall.
Amat on 23:42 - Aug 1 with 5915 viewsRogueTrooper

One or two rash moments, but his tackle on the edge of the area in the first half was worth the entrance fee alone

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Amat on 23:48 - Aug 1 with 5867 viewsJokeren1943

I think he was a liability today.

He was very close to getting a red card against a team, who was very weak offensively.

He seem to need some time to adjust - but so did Chico! :).
Amat on 23:53 - Aug 1 with 5833 viewsSmellyplumz

He doesnt f u c k about does he ....some crunching tackles, give him a chance just needs time to adjust a la Chico.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Amat on 00:30 - Aug 2 with 5704 viewsnewcomerjack

I don't think he came into the squad to be a first 11 player. He's very young with masses of potential. He'll get enough games for sure, an improvement on Bartley and Monk. With Williams and Monk teaching him, he'll improve like Chico did and turn out to be a great defender.
Login to get fewer ads

Amat on 02:19 - Aug 2 with 5571 viewsDull1Thomas

Fantastic timing and stand a player down when many would dive in .. great asset.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Amat on 05:58 - Aug 2 with 5481 viewsSydney_Swan

I thought it was an excellent debut personally . Needs to adjust to the style of play and get to know the players but overall a great start. That tackle on the edge of the box was quality.
Amat on 06:07 - Aug 2 with 5470 viewsDr_Winston

He looks absolutely nothing like Chico did early on. Chico's class was obvious from the off.

Amat is comfortable on the ball and doesn't panic in possession. Everything else will come.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Amat on 10:04 - Aug 2 with 5165 viewsTom1912

Amat on 05:58 - Aug 2 by Sydney_Swan

I thought it was an excellent debut personally . Needs to adjust to the style of play and get to know the players but overall a great start. That tackle on the edge of the box was quality.

Was lucky not to give a penalty away and really, lucky not to get sent off so I wouldn't say it was an excellent debut. Did ok overall though.

Looks very good on the ball, but he didn't read the game well enough, and either had to make a few last ditch tackles or rely on Williams to cover. His timing on tackles is inconsistent too, got a few spot on, but made a mess of others.

Only 21 though and I've seen far worse debuts. He's clearly got lots of potential though and I think with a bit more time and experience under his belt he should be a great player for us.
Amat on 11:19 - Aug 2 with 5046 viewsmikraswan

Amat on 23:42 - Aug 1 by RogueTrooper

One or two rash moments, but his tackle on the edge of the area in the first half was worth the entrance fee alone

Yep - Amat is class!

Success is temporary - loyalty is forever...

Amat on 12:13 - Aug 2 with 4932 viewsSpratty

Amat on 10:04 - Aug 2 by Tom1912

Was lucky not to give a penalty away and really, lucky not to get sent off so I wouldn't say it was an excellent debut. Did ok overall though.

Looks very good on the ball, but he didn't read the game well enough, and either had to make a few last ditch tackles or rely on Williams to cover. His timing on tackles is inconsistent too, got a few spot on, but made a mess of others.

Only 21 though and I've seen far worse debuts. He's clearly got lots of potential though and I think with a bit more time and experience under his belt he should be a great player for us.

This but already improved from Reading.

That said thought his general play was v.good for someone so new to the team.
Amat on 12:14 - Aug 2 with 4928 viewsKingTuck

He had a good game, the whole of our defence had a good game when called upon.
Amat on 12:23 - Aug 2 with 4882 viewsSASWANSEA

He certainly loves a tackle
Amat on 13:17 - Aug 2 with 4741 viewsJonTheJack

You can see he is technically sound, and will only improve.

Given his age and eagerness to impress, he will no doubt make a few raw mistakes. Having Ash alongside him will bail him out a few times but I think he will be a top player once he's learned his trade.

It was 1000% a pen for me last night, though. We got away with that one.
Amat on 13:35 - Aug 2 with 4691 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Amat will get better and it takes time to strike up a partnership with new colleagues at the back

He may be young but I dont think he is that inexperienced - he is a Spanish U21 International which counts for something and played regularly in La Liga last season.
Amat on 13:39 - Aug 2 with 4664 viewslidojack

He also has a great range of pass for a CB.
Amat on 13:50 - Aug 2 with 4630 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

I've been quite impressed with him, he did make a few rash decisions but he will only get better as he is still young. As previously mentioned you can tell he has good technique.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Amat on 15:04 - Aug 2 with 4518 viewsPlasticman

I was impressed with him, but he does need to adapt like chico had to.

Chico quickly learned to adapt to the refs and what they would allow, I'm positive Amat will so to, and then I can see him being of the same vein as Chico in quality.

Plastic since 2012

Amat on 23:32 - Aug 2 with 4284 viewsjack_obs

Cultured and a touch industrial when he needed to be. Give him a couple of months with Ash, Chico & Monks and not only will the Prem be an ideal stomping ground for him but he'll be an outsider to be in Brazil this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024