Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian comments after last night game 21:09 - Aug 2 with 5421 viewsthe_gasman

This filled me with pride

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/01/swansea-malmo-europa-league-matc

As a Gooner, dearly wished Wenger had dished out for Michu and Bony rather than carrying on with the embarrassingly desperate chase for Suarez - could have had a potentially blinding partnership for a fraction of that proposed fee.
Gutted but good luck to them - every non-Swans 2nd favourite PL team.

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Guardian comments after last night game on 21:56 - Aug 2 with 5128 viewsbermudajack

For a fraction of the fee???

I'm no expert, but Arsenal (who have openly stated they have a £70 million war chest to spend)

would have probably had to pay a bit more or Bony (maybe 16 mill)

You wouldn't get much change of £25 mill for Michu

That's £41 million, roughly £1 million more than you've offered for Suarez (give or take £1)

What fraction is this then?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Guardian comments after last night game on 22:14 - Aug 2 with 5011 viewsthe_gasman

Guardian comments after last night game on 21:56 - Aug 2 by bermudajack

I'm no expert, but Arsenal (who have openly stated they have a £70 million war chest to spend)

That's £41 million, roughly £1 million more than you've offered for Suarez (give or take £1)

you're right, think I was looking more at the 'everyone's second team' bit really. I should have bolded it

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Guardian comments after last night game on 22:21 - Aug 2 with 4964 viewsclement

Guardian comments after last night game on 21:56 - Aug 2 by bermudajack

i think op meant that we paid a combined total of 14 million (12 for bony and 2 for michu) for our strike force, whereas suarez is 40.

meaning our scouting network (or laudrup's facebook friends list) sourced 2 quality players for about a third of what wenger can find....

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Guardian comments after last night game on 09:19 - Aug 3 with 4194 viewssunshinehead

and he's comparing getting two players for roughly the price of Suarrez, basic maths so obviously a fraction.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024